It's official

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2013, 02:45 PM
It's official
I think it's official. I've finally let go of God's existence. I've been on the fence for years and I finally just quit trying to reach him. I used to beg to hear his voice and never got a response. I've been talking to a christian on another site and she is adamant about me continuing to reach out to him. She says he is there and he will eventually answer me. That's not good enough! What about the past 28 years I've spend worshiping him? I have reached a point where I will no longer pray. I am done. If he does exist then he has a lot of explaining to do.

One of the questions I have (and i have a lot Undecided) is about incest. That issue alone is another reason I have doubted God. It's in the bible that incest is a sin. Who did Adam and Eve's kids mate with to procreate? Yep, themselves. Who did Noah's family mate with to "re-start" humans after the great flood that wiped out the earth? Hmmmm......

Its a sin, but he didn't give any other options. What kind of god does that? Why didn't he just create another person to procreate. He either doesn't exist or he's not as powerful as he claims to be. (that comment won me some *high fives* on the other site. Big Grin) It's true though. He created incest and gave no other option except that, but then calls it a sin and an abomination. What the heck?

Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of struggling with my beliefs. I feel like I've wasted my entire life worshiping someone who doesn't really exist. That's a little hard for me. Not so much the realization, but the fact that I could have been doing something more proactive. I guess in a way I could have, but I always knew it would be an argument since my mom forced god on us growing up. To her there was no other option. She still believes that. We weren't allowed to doubt his existence, not out loud anyway. I just blindly followed. I am a little angry at myself for that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like seeker13's post
13-10-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: It's official
Congratulations on allowing yourself to let go, I can't imagine it was easy. Hug
13-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you! It wasn't. I haven't told my own family yet, especially my mother. I'm pretty sure it would kill her. She is deeply, deeply religious. Atheism or hell, anything that doesn't circulate around god is not accepted.
13-10-2013, 04:24 PM
The anger is natural.

You've been conned. It hurts. Kick yourself for a while, nurse your bruises and then move on.

One can internalise and also externalise this anger.

It's worth remembering that those who duped you were also duped by their authority figures.
They are victims too.

Add to the mix, the frustration that they don't realise it.

You want to scream "cognitive dissonance" at them.

Sometimes it is better to scream at the walls... less long term damage.

And welcome. Welcome to the club.

Hug

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
13-10-2013, 04:38 PM
(13-10-2013 04:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The anger is natural.

You've been conned. It hurts. Kick yourself for a while, nurse your bruises and then move on.

One can internalise and also externalise this anger.

It's worth remembering that those who duped you were also duped by their authority figures.
They are victims too.

Add to the mix, the frustration that they don't realise it.

You want to scream "cognitive dissonance" at them.

Sometimes it is better to scream at the walls... less long term damage.

And welcome. Welcome to the club.

Hug

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine. .,, It's all right we know where you've been. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-10-2013, 04:40 PM
(13-10-2013 02:45 PM)seeker13 Wrote:  I think it's official. I've finally let go of God's existence. I've been on the fence for years and I finally just quit trying to reach him. I used to beg to hear his voice and never got a response. I've been talking to a christian on another site and she is adamant about me continuing to reach out to him. She says he is there and he will eventually answer me. That's not good enough! What about the past 28 years I've spend worshiping him? I have reached a point where I will no longer pray. I am done. If he does exist then he has a lot of explaining to do.

One of the questions I have (and i have a lot Undecided) is about incest. That issue alone is another reason I have doubted God. It's in the bible that incest is a sin. Who did Adam and Eve's kids mate with to procreate? Yep, themselves. Who did Noah's family mate with to "re-start" humans after the great flood that wiped out the earth? Hmmmm......

Its a sin, but he didn't give any other options. What kind of god does that? Why didn't he just create another person to procreate. He either doesn't exist or he's not as powerful as he claims to be. (that comment won me some *high fives* on the other site. Big Grin) It's true though. He created incest and gave no other option except that, but then calls it a sin and an abomination. What the heck?

Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of struggling with my beliefs. I feel like I've wasted my entire life worshiping someone who doesn't really exist. That's a little hard for me. Not so much the realization, but the fact that I could have been doing something more proactive. I guess in a way I could have, but I always knew it would be an argument since my mom forced god on us growing up. To her there was no other option. She still believes that. We weren't allowed to doubt his existence, not out loud anyway. I just blindly followed. I am a little angry at myself for that.

Congrats and welcome to a better reality. That pesky logic and critical thinking--gets a guy every time.
13-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome. Lots of people here with the same issue...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Welcome to this place ! you worshipped "God" 28 years old of your lifetime.

1.Not forget that people worshipped Gods and Godessed from the Hindu mythology like "Ganesha , Parvati etc..." their whole life.

2.Not forget that people worshipped hellenic Gods ans Godesses like "Athena , Zeus etc..." their whole life.

3.Not forget that people worshipped "YHWH" their whole life.

4.Not forget that people worshipped "Allah" their whole life.

5.Not forget that all these people were trapped because theirs beliefs are false.

Conclusion : You're not alone.
[+] 4 users Like viocjit's post
14-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Welcome to reality.

You'll often find it hard , but more beautiful then you could imagine .

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-10-2013, 04:54 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! STAND UP AND TAKE A BOW FOR YOURSELF, YOU HAVE THE COURAGE OF YOUR CONVICTIONS!!

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.