It's official: Referendum in Greece on bailout terms

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-07-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: It's official: Referendum in Greece on bailout terms
It's been a couple days since Undergroundp posted......

hope she's still got internet....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-07-2015, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 03:07 AM by Eva.)
Today, it's looking highly likely that Greece will get a bail out now Varoufakis has gone and discussions can actually get somewhere. My partner and I are due to visit his parents in Athens in September and we were considering postponing it if things continued to look bleak but it now looks like we'll still be popping over there. Hopefully Greece will be back up and running shortly...(fingers crossed).

In all of the drama that has unfolded over Greece these past few weeks this is the guy that has really stood out as a voice of reason and balance for me:

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 3 users Like Eva's post
10-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Yeah, looks like they're gonna get a bailout. Thing is, the proposals that Greece have put on the table seem to be very similar to the terms they rejected in the first place. Consider

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
10-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Undergroundp???

You still with us??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2015, 05:00 PM
(10-07-2015 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Undergroundp???

You still with us??

Yes, sorry, it's been a long time, I know.

I wasn't planning to abandon this thread but I've been away from everything and everyone these days. I've turned off the TV and I'm just trying to stay away from everything that's been happening and to cherish the couple of months my boyfriend is taking off from work (I don't usually have a lot of time with him when he's working).

So yeah, I'm alive and well (internet's been suspiciously slow these days though Tongue ) and I'm just trying not to panic and stress too much over things. That includes taking some time off the forum too, but I'm sure I'll be back soon Smile

If anyone is curious, life has been pretty normal around here these days. I went out last night. Bars still full of people, burgers still tasty, buses still late, crazy smelly people in their usual posts. You don't really notice anything different. Not sure if that should be comforting or alarming.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-07-2015, 05:07 PM
But I saw on twitter people saying the nazi's are back. This must be true, social media doesn't exaggerate things

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-07-2015, 05:19 PM
(12-07-2015 05:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But I saw on twitter people saying the nazi's are back. This must be true, social media doesn't exaggerate things

Ah, well. If it's Greek nazi's they're talking about, it's not too far from the truth unfortunately Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-07-2015, 08:11 PM
(12-07-2015 05:00 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Undergroundp???

You still with us??

Yes, sorry, it's been a long time, I know.

I wasn't planning to abandon this thread but I've been away from everything and everyone these days. I've turned off the TV and I'm just trying to stay away from everything that's been happening and to cherish the couple of months my boyfriend is taking off from work (I don't usually have a lot of time with him when he's working).

So yeah, I'm alive and well (internet's been suspiciously slow these days though Tongue ) and I'm just trying not to panic and stress too much over things. That includes taking some time off the forum too, but I'm sure I'll be back soon Smile

If anyone is curious, life has been pretty normal around here these days. I went out last night. Bars still full of people, burgers still tasty, buses still late, crazy smelly people in their usual posts. You don't really notice anything different. Not sure if that should be comforting or alarming.

Often in bleak times people will still go out because it's comforting and lets them forget the fact that Greece has 30% unemployment and could be kicked out of the EU and/or go bankrupt. Not to be a downer or anything.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-07-2015, 04:26 AM
Good to see you're still with us...

I knew a German couple that fled Germany in the 30's. At that time inflation was so bad - everyone was a "millionaire".

They told me that they printed your money at work - and you got paid at the end of the day -- because the money was only worth half the next day....

Pretty bad when you heat your house with cash.....

13-07-2015, 06:14 AM
A deal has been reached, but........ on condition the Greek parliment bring into law several tough measures by Wednesday. Basiclly the parliment is being asked to vote into law the very things they said the would never do. Interesting.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí