It's only sexist when men do it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2012, 11:13 PM
It's only sexist when men do it
Didn't know where to post this. There's no Sociology section. I was going to rant and rave, but found 2 clips that encapsulate my feelings quite adequately. Enjoy.

"It is sort of politically incorrect just to BE male in this country now."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
08-07-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: It's only sexist when men do it
Great videos, they are so fucking true.

Feminism is kind of a joke to me, the situations in the first video kind of rustle my jimmies.
[+] 1 user Likes Rad's post
09-07-2012, 01:39 AM
YES! I completely agree. There is sexual discrimination for women. There IS ALSO sexual discrimination for men. By men bashing there is nothing accomplished, only same shit different pile.

I never watch The View but saw Ricky Gervais was going to be on and caught it. The whole thing had my blood boiling and I felt so bad for Ricky being released into the shark tank.

The beginning of this video has a discussion where the women try to peg Ricky for making a sexist joke about a Sex in the City poster, but he clears it up (it's about perceived beauty which if you're too dumb to get the joke, then whatever!)

But the kicker is how sexist the interview is, listen at 4:40. He is accused of having an all men comedian show, it seems they cover it up but good grief! They are all women.

I think people don't get the difference between how men and woman (and other genders) are different but still deserve same equality respect.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
09-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Well, for a long time there men kinda used and abused everything, including women. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a slight resentment for such a thing. It just pisses me off when feminists claim they are seeking after equal rights, but then do nothing but insult men. At least have the fucking guts to say you hate men, and stop trying to insult your fellow woman's intelligence.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
09-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Gentlemen, please.... KNOW YOUR PLACE!

We have evolved to high status of sperm-providers and jar-openers.
Live with it.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-07-2012, 04:51 AM
If we are all equal, why doesn't a woman hold the doors for me, or pay the bills in the restaurant, or hold my chair before I sit down? Equal? Please... We all have our own "roles" to play, you know it, I know it, so why are we pretending it's not like that?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-07-2012, 05:02 AM
(09-07-2012 04:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  If we are all equal, why doesn't a woman hold the doors for me, or pay the bills in the restaurant, or hold my chair before I sit down? Equal? Please... We all have our own "roles" to play, you know it, I know it, so why are we pretending it's not like that?
Indefinitely, we have our roles to play. I firmly believe, however, that we should be treated with equal respect and equal judgement, even if tradition has taught men that they "have" to pay the bill or hold the door open.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
09-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Are you really holding up The View as an example of feminism? All those women do is propagate negative stereotypes of women to begin with. But to paint all women or feminists even with the same brush is just as sexist.
And to compare discrimination against women to a few laughs on a talk to show and call it discrimination against men is laughable.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
(09-07-2012 05:09 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  But to paint all women or feminists even with the same brush is just as sexist.
In the same way as painting all men as the same bastards is sexist...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-07-2012, 05:30 AM
(09-07-2012 05:28 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 05:09 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  But to paint all women or feminists even with the same brush is just as sexist.
In the same way as painting all men as the same bastards is sexist...
Did I saw it wasn't?

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor