It's the least I could do.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2017, 04:57 PM
It's the least I could do.
Really?

When you thank somebody for something, and they respond " It's the least I can do!", doesn't that just sort of piss you off?

Really? You couldn't do less?? Well hey motherfucker, how about putting some effort into it, and then I can really thank you for something substantial??

Or at least let me know up front that you're going to slack off on the job, and then I can thank you accordingly??

Like "Gee thanks for almost nothing, you lazy prick!"

I' m just trying to keep the value of thanks on par with the effort involved...

Thumbsup

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-10-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: It's the least I could do.
Really that's the least you could do?

Well I could careless, but that takes effort, so this is the least I could care. Tongue

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
05-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Banana_zorro

I put a dancing banana in here. It was the least I could do Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
05-10-2017, 05:40 PM
(05-10-2017 04:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When you thank somebody for something, and they respond "It's the least I can do!", doesn't that just sort of piss you off?

Perhaps you're misrepresenting the intention behind that phrase for humorous effect, but the way I translate it is: "You've done so much for me that this is just a small repayment for what I owe you."
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
05-10-2017, 05:41 PM
The least I could have done was not reply but instead I went above and beyond. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-10-2017, 05:45 PM
They could pray...which would be the least they can do. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
05-10-2017, 05:52 PM
(05-10-2017 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They could pray...which would be the least they can do. Tongue

They might also send thoughts along with the prayers thus doubling up their efforts and, in a twist of events, still be the least they could do. Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-10-2017, 06:27 PM
(05-10-2017 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They could pray...which would be the least they can do. Tongue

Light a candle for you at church.
No
05-10-2017, 07:08 PM
I could do all kinds of things, but I am doing none of them. I'ma gonna do something else.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2017, 12:17 AM
(05-10-2017 07:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  I could do all kinds of things, but I am doing none of them. I'ma gonna do something else.

Or not. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."