It's time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: It's time
(14-05-2014 03:21 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Is it strange that I don't want to think about her for the rest of the day?

Undecided

I'm not really sad anymore, just....emotionally exhausted. I let it all out while I was holding her for the final moments.

The anticipation is always the worst part.

We have bred, raised, loved, and buried so many fur friends that we have our own graveyard here on the farm. It never gets any easier. I feel for you, I really do.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Sadcryface Heart Hug
15-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Tart (((( hug))) I am Sooo so sorry.
Sending you some love -K?

oxoxoxoxoxHeartHeartHeart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Brought some healing pandas.

[Image: 6f86dff2gw1egf73x6znzg206t06y4qp.gif]

[Image: 6f86dff2gw1egf73vhus6g206t06ob29.gif]

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
16-05-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 10:36 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Thank you everyone for your support. You're all an amazing group of people.

This has actually been a lot easier to accept than I thought it would be. I released almost all the emotions while she was in my lap, drifting off into eternal sleep, so now it's just memories. I was already used to not seeing the cats when I was at college, and when I came back Misty was already almost gone. She was just a shell of what she used to be. She was spending 90% of the day in a closet and would only come out for a bit to eat and drink. It's like the Misty I knew was already dead by the time I came home.

Thank you for suggesting that I go be there for her at the end, I consider that decision to have made it easier for me to move on. The other two cats don't seem to notice that she's gone, or maybe they are just relieved. Misty didn't see eye to eye with Apollo and Athena since she was the alpha cat and was in the house before them.

Anyway, we'll probably be searching for old photos of her back when she was a big fat kitty in the next couple of days. I'm also going to call the vet and have them send over her ashes, just in case I want to keep them.

As for now, I'm going to do two things to commemorate her passing:

1. Change my avatar to a picture of her for awhile.
2. Re-open the long neglected cat doppleganger thread.

Again, thanks for all the love you displayed, it helped me get through. Hug

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 11 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-05-2014, 10:31 AM
More hugs!

You did the right thing for both you and Misty.

Much love.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-05-2014, 10:50 AM
(16-05-2014 10:29 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your support. You're all an amazing group of people.

This has actually been a lot easier to accept than I thought it would be. I released almost all the emotions while she was in my lap, drifting off into eternal sleep, so now it's just memories. I was already used to not seeing the cats when I was at college, and when I came back Misty was already almost gone. She was just a shell of what she used to be. She was spending 90% of the day in a closet and would only come out for a bit to eat and drink. It's like the Misty I knew was already dead by the time I came home.

Thank you for suggesting that I go be there for her at the end, I consider that decision to have made it easier for me to move on. The other two cats don't seem to notice that she's gone, or maybe they are just relieved. Misty didn't see eye to eye with Apollo and Athena since she was the alpha cat and was in the house before them.

Anyway, we'll probably be searching for old photos of her back when she was a big fat kitty in the next couple of days. I'm also going to call the vet and have them send over her ashes, just in case I want to keep them.

As for now, I'm going to do two things to commemorate her passing:

1. Change my avatar to a picture of her for awhile.
2. Re-open the long neglected cat doppleganger thread.

Again, thanks for all the love you displayed, it helped me get through. Hug

In the backyard are the graves of at least a dozen cats and one golden retriever.
The pet cemetery is on the edge of the embankment overlooking the wetlands. It's a nice spot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Tartarus,

I just discovered this thread. I'm sorry I wasn't able to offer support earlier. I'm glad to read that you feel good about your decision and were able to be there for Misty. As a veterinarian, I have guided many people through this decision, and almost without fail, those who are there at the end are glad they chose to stay. Euthanasia is truly a wonderful gift. To be able to end an animal's suffering peacefully with family close by is a good thing. To spare an animal a long drawn out undignified death while making it as easy as possible for owners is one of the things I take pride in. Obviously, I would prefer to save them all, but when medicine reaches its limits, I'm glad we can do what human physicians can't legally do for their patients.
My sympathies over the loss of your companion.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
17-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Sorry for the belated reply, TS and sorry for your loss.
Glad you're doing okay Hug

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
15-06-2014, 10:09 PM
This one's for Misty.
[Image: cathate.jpg]

Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post