Its December! Christmas is coming! Lets celebrate the Virgin Birth!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
RE: Its December! Christmas is coming! Lets celebrate the Virgin Birth!
I get a huge kick out of the show "Ancient Aliens," and just about bust a gut laughing when they suggested that all these virgin births in the ancient world were actually aliens creating hybrid humans. That's why Jesus had superpowers...or something.

LOL

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like zaika's post
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
(07-12-2011 06:13 PM)zaika Wrote:  I get a huge kick out of the show "Ancient Aliens," and just about bust a gut laughing when they suggested that all these virgin births in the ancient world were actually aliens creating hybrid humans. That's why Jesus had superpowers...or something.

LOL

That's my show! If you add aliens into the equation anything is possible.
[+] 2 users Like Kaos MD's post
07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
(07-12-2011 06:13 PM)zaika Wrote:  I get a huge kick out of the show "Ancient Aliens," and just about bust a gut laughing when they suggested that all these virgin births in the ancient world were actually aliens creating hybrid humans. That's why Jesus had superpowers...or something.

LOL

As weird as it may sound, because a true skeptic would find that show silly, it's these sorts of shows (I also used to listen "religiously" to Coast2CoastAM on a nightly basis to have Art Bell or George Noury fill me in on bizarre alternate pre-histories. I'm not saying I bought into them (although I do like the planet Nibiru (sp?) story because it is a lot like Asimov's "Nemesis" book. An amazing read).
But these sorts of theories began...over time, and I mean a lot of years...to think outside the Bible box. And that had to happen before I could ever consider joining the A-Team.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 11:34 AM by zaika.)
(07-12-2011 09:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

LOL

As weird as it may sound, because a true skeptic would find that show silly, it's these sorts of shows (I also used to listen "religiously" to Coast2CoastAM on a nightly basis to have Art Bell or George Noury fill me in on bizarre alternate pre-histories. I'm not saying I bought into them (although I do like the planet Nibiru (sp?) story because it is a lot like Asimov's "Nemesis" book. An amazing read).
But these sorts of theories began...over time, and I mean a lot of years...to think outside the Bible box. And that had to happen before I could ever consider joining the A-Team.

Quite honestly, the "thinking outside the Bible box" element is what keeps my full attention to this stuff. I like to think I'm a skeptic, but it's simply fascinating to hear these ancient astronaut theories and wonder if there is a tiny shred of truth to them. Some of the theories kind of make sense? I guess? And listening to/reading people who hold higher degrees in scientific disciplines reason this stuff out...it can sound quite convincing. But then Giorgio Tsoukalos comes on and the magic is gone....

Ha! The A-Team...LOL.
(07-12-2011 07:42 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  

LOL

That's my show! If you add aliens into the equation anything is possible.

LOL Truly!

And I do so love that show. It's so awesome, and my roommate can't stand it because, according to her, every episode says the same thing. LOL

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
(30-11-2011 04:44 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  Why is it always virgins? Can't we have a rogue story or two? In any case, I propose that we make each of this events a holiday and place them before or after christmas. That way, we could have a whole month of mythical merrymaking!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster's mother was a whore.. just sayin Big Grin

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
08-12-2011, 03:24 PM
(08-12-2011 11:48 AM)k37713 Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 04:44 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  Why is it always virgins? Can't we have a rogue story or two? In any case, I propose that we make each of this events a holiday and place them before or after christmas. That way, we could have a whole month of mythical merrymaking!

HA!!

- Carl Sagan
08-12-2011, 03:28 PM

(08-12-2011 11:48 AM)k37713 Wrote:  

I think thats a mistranslation. I think WHORE actually means young women.
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
YES THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF MITHRAS!!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
[Image: untitled.png]

It's already happened!
08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
That guy...

[Image: 9148130.jpg?1312526087]

Every time there's been unusual occurrence for the past month or so, I go - can't explain that! - as this picture is in my head.Tongue

Get it out of my head! Help! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user