Its... It's not so hard! Is it? It is.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 04:53 AM
RE: Its... It's not so hard! Is it? It is.
(22-10-2012 04:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  QI ? Huh

What palnai said. And it does stand for Quite Interesting (which it is, as well very funny and you also learn a lot of interesting, albeit not necessarily useful, facts... but I think that knowledge is useful in and of itself, so...)

This is a pretty good example of what it is all about, imo:

Excellent example. Thanks.

I'm thinking now, that it's the TV version of TTA ... sparring / sledging, derailing, inuendo and some damn fine facts thrown in, and an eclectic mix of nationalities (I noticed two Englishman, one Scot, one Welshman and a diminutive Danish lady).

Chas is our Stephen Fry and Erx is our Alan Davies (which is quite interesting, given his real name).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-10-2012, 06:06 AM
(22-10-2012 04:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 04:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  What palnai said. And it does stand for Quite Interesting (which it is, as well very funny and you also learn a lot of interesting, albeit not necessarily useful, facts... but I think that knowledge is useful in and of itself, so...)

This is a pretty good example of what it is all about, imo:

Excellent example. Thanks.

I'm thinking now, that it's the TV version of TTA ... sparring / sledging, derailing, inuendo and some damn fine facts thrown in, and an eclectic mix of nationalities (I noticed two Englishman, one Scot, one Welshman and a diminutive Danish lady).

Chas is our Stephen Fry and Erx is our Alan Davies (which is quite interesting, given his real name).

I even have a crooked nose. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-10-2012, 07:50 AM
(22-10-2012 04:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Excellent example. Thanks.

Well, that's not really fair now, is it? Seeing how I don't know his name Smile

And Chas, that was quite the compliment you were just paid (and one I'm inclined to believeSmile)

As for how important it is to write correctly, I've always thought that the way one writes and speaks, reflects how one thinks. So if you can't formulate coherent and at least moderately correct sentences, well...

PS. Sandi Toksvig is great, funny and really smart (and to think that I didn't like her at first).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-10-2012, 08:01 AM
(22-10-2012 07:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 04:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Excellent example. Thanks.

And Chas, that was quite the compliment you were just paid (and one I'm inclined to believeSmile)

Not for me to reveal. Let's just say that Erx has Welsh ancestry.

There are others on TTA that might qualify as a Fry but given that on another thread we are hurling King Lear quotes at each other... Nuff said.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Their, their, their, its alright. There just using a word incorrectly. Were in English class where we told to use these words correctly? There so confusing its really no wonder people get them wrong. I hate how it affects people. Lets just agree to disagree and not let this have an effect on us all.

Also

I could care less.
not nothing

[Image: CtipW.gif]

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Never seen that GIF before. That.... is... AWESOME.
22-10-2012, 08:09 AM
That gif was given to me by cheapthrillseaker.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-10-2012, 09:26 AM
(22-10-2012 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  There are others on TTA that might qualify as a Fry but given that on another thread we are hurling King Lear quotes at each other... Nuff said.

Ooh, I'm quite good with quotes.. though, possibly not Shakespeare... for someone who's studied British literature in depth, I'm ashamed to say that most of my knowledge of Shakespeare's plots comes from a book of his plays retold for kids.Undecided The Neoclassicists were much more my thing Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
22-10-2012, 09:38 AM
(22-10-2012 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 07:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  And Chas, that was quite the compliment you were just paid (and one I'm inclined to believeSmile)

Not for me to reveal. Let's just say that Erx has Welsh ancestry.

There are others on TTA that might qualify as a Fry but given that on another thread we are hurling King Lear quotes at each other... Nuff said.

I think I can help out here. Let's put it this way...My name isn't Alan Davies.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-10-2012, 09:39 AM
(22-10-2012 04:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 10:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  BASTARD!
stealing my jokes...

Nope, mine. I used that weeks ago.

horse shit, I used it on you weeks ago.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.