Its a pleasure to be among you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 10:51 AM
RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
(26-11-2014 09:45 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Still voting for the parsing and more/better conversation/debate.

Also "Butt kicking for great JUSTICE! Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!" Tongue

Much cheers to all.

I was going to until I relized this isn't THE intro thread, it's a thread in the intro section. The conversation is being guided by Humble. It's his intro thread. I'd say it's fair to let him guide his own thread as best he can. I mean it's not like we have any guidelines suggesting we don't derail, right?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-11-2014, 11:01 AM
(26-11-2014 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I was going to until I relized this isn't THE intro thread, it's a thread in the intro section. The conversation is being guided by Humble. It's his intro thread. I'd say it's fair to let him guide his own thread as best he can. I mean it's not like we have any guidelines suggesting we don't derail, right?

Ah! I retire humbly chastised. *Bows*

Much cheers to all.
26-11-2014, 11:02 AM
(26-11-2014 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:12 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Intelligent Design isn't an oxymoron term. It is something that we ALL easily recognize when something is designed which implies a Being. In fact, Science is in the very business of determining if physical things were of an intelligent cause or a natural cause such as in the science of archeology and forensics . In fact, with most things we buy from a store, we consider HOW well something is intelligently designed and engineered such as new car we consider buying. We do our homework in determining the best designs for the buck . So, your excuse of ID being a fallacious term in any way , is nothing but a smokescreen to help justify denying our intelligent Designer for the many entities of intelligence we find in everything from biological systems to the metaphysical to the complexity of the smallest of lifeform which I might add has enough information in digital alphabet form that only comes from an intelligent source amounting to 1000 volumes of encyclopedias . And someone as yourself chooses to develop a charade game that Naturalism vetos any semblance of obvious Intelligent Design. Even Guru Dawkins admits to intelligent design in the YouTube video called Dawkins vs. Stein interview herewith : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlZtEjtlirc.

I have absolutely no doubt that when you look around, you see effects that only an intelligent Creator can provide whether it be our sun at 93 millions miles away heating earth perfectly to within 150 f. surface temp at all times of the year or a rattlesnakes facial apparatus sensing a temp. change of 1/10 th of one degree so the snake knows when the prey is getting closer for a strike or our Human Anatomys 16-stage cascade system for blood coagulation upon our skin getting ripped open whereby each stage is triggered by the previous stage with the last stage being vitamin K. which isn't even related to the prior same 15 chemical group . I could on and on with examples of the impossibility of 'naturalism' by random chance but id like to encourage you to stop the charade game of what we've all been indoctrinated with....which is a deliberate attempt to never consider anything BUT natural causes. The Universe reality we have IS NOT conducive to the atheist explanation in every single circumstance...and it only takes ONE circumstance where Naturalism cant do it for there to be an intelligent Source for it.

Don't commit the biggest crime One could ever commit in their life. Instead, get to know God by refusing to be closed minded. Youll never regret doing so.

Have you ever read even one book on evolution by an evolutionary biologist? Consider

Oh yes, I certainly have. All thruout jr. high and high school I had to read them ; as an adult , ive read Dawkins and Micheal Behe . Ive spent many hours researching the subject and in the end....Ive sided with the Evolutionists ! :

" It is therefore a MATTER OF FAITH on the part of the biologist that
biogenesis (evolution) did occur and he can choose whatever method of
biogenesis happens to suit him personally ; the evidence for what did
happen is not available" --- Evolutionist Prof. G.A. Kerkut of the
University of Southampton. Source : Implications of Evolution. London.
Pergamon Press, 1960, page 150.

" The more one studies paleontology, the more certain one becomes that
evolution is based on FAITH ALONE" -- Evolutionist Prof. T.L. Moor .
Origins ? The Banner of Truth Trust, 1988 page 22.

" We Palenontologists have said that the history of life supports (the
story of gradual adaptive change) , all the while really knowing that it
does not" -- Dr. Niles Eldredge. Darwin on Trial. Regnery Gateway,
1991, page 59.

" The record of reckless speculation of human origins is so astonishing
that it is legitimate to ask whether much science is yet to be found in
this field at all" -- Evolutionist Dr. Solly Zuckerman. Darwin on
Trial. 1991. page 82.

From an article in Science Digest Special---

" Scientists who utterly reject Evolution may be one of our fastest
growing controversial minorities ... Many of the scientists supporting
this posiiton hold impressive credentials in science" . -- Educators
Against Darwin. winter 1979, page 94

" I believe that one day the Darwinnian myth will be ranked the
greatest deciet in the history of science "--- Prof. Soren Lovtrup,
Embriologist. Darwinism : The Refutation of a Myth. 1987. page 422.

" The more i examine the Universe and the details of its architecture,
the more evidence i find that the Universe in some sense must have known
we were coming"--- Prof. Freeman Dyson, Physicist from Princeton Univ.
'Disturbing the Universe' . 1979. page 250.

" The more man is imbued with the ordered regularity of all events, the
firmer becomes his conviction that there is no room left by the side of
this ordered regularity for causes of a different nature (than a Creator)"
-- Albert Einstein. His LIfe and Times. page 286.

And finally, the bottom line from an "agnostic" Astronomer (and my
favorite) ----

" For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason,
the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of
ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak and as he pulls
himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of Theologians who
have been sitting there for centuries reading Genesis 1:1 : In the
Beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth" --- agnostic Prof. Robert
Jastrow founder of Nasa's Goddard Institute. His book, 'God and the
Astronomers. page 116
26-11-2014, 11:03 AM
(26-11-2014 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 09:45 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Still voting for the parsing and more/better conversation/debate.

Also "Butt kicking for great JUSTICE! Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!" Tongue

Much cheers to all.

I was going to until I relized this isn't THE intro thread, it's a thread in the intro section. The conversation is being guided by Humble. It's his intro thread. I'd say it's fair to let him guide his own thread as best he can. I mean it's not like we have any guidelines suggesting we don't derail, right?

Well.... technically this is the rule for the entire introduction forum as far as I can tell:

Quote:Information for new members and Code of Conduct for the Introduction Forum
Information for new members
New members must have their first post approved by a member of staff before it appears. This is to help prevent spambots posting on the forum. It is not a way of assessing new members. All new members who are human will be approved.

For a list of forum policies, more information on the way the forum operates, or to see who is running the forum please click this link.

Code of Conduct for the Introduction Section
This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!

But then this all means everyone including OP is breaking the rules. Could be fixed with a split, or a thread move, but your call, boss! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-11-2014, 11:06 AM
(26-11-2014 11:02 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you ever read even one book on evolution by an evolutionary biologist? Consider

Oh yes, I certainly have. All thruout jr. high and high school I had to read them ; as an adult , ive read Dawkins and Micheal Behe . Ive spent many hours researching the subject and in the end....Ive sided with the Evolutionists ! :

Professor Richard Lewontin, a geneticist (and self-proclaimed Marxist), is certainly one of the world’s leaders in evolutionary biology. He wrote this very revealing comment . It illustrates the implicit philosophical bias against Genesis creation—regardless of whether or not the facts support it.

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.
It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door"

1991, page 59.

Trial. 1991. page 82.

favorite) ----

Astronomers. page 116
26-11-2014, 11:11 AM
(26-11-2014 09:41 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  The 'consenting adults' argument thereby making illicit sex permissible and thus alright, is utterly fallacious. How does 2 people doing something immoral and wrong therefore make it right to do ?

When Moses smashed the original tablets, the 11th commandment was permanently lost - "thou shalt not have sex" - yeah, that must be it. Facepalm

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-11-2014, 11:13 AM
(26-11-2014 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you ever read even one book on evolution by an evolutionary biologist? Consider

1991, page 59.

Trial. 1991. page 82.

favorite) ----

Astronomers. page 116

Thanks for again demonstrating you are a LIAR, and your weak god needs liars like YOU.

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
-- Albert Einstein, in a letter responding to philosopher Eric Gutkind, who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt; quoted from James Randerson, "Childish Superstition: Einstein's Letter Makes View of Religion Relatively Clear: Scientist's Reply to Sell for up to £8,000, and Stoke Debate over His Beliefs" The Guardian, (13 May 2008)

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything "chosen" about them."

-- Albert Einstein, in a letter responding to philosopher Eric Gutkind, who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt; quoted from James Randerson, "Childish Superstition: Einstein's Letter Makes View of Religion Relatively Clear: Scientist's Reply to Sell for up to £8,000, and Stoke Debate over His Beliefs" The Guardian, (13 May 2008)

You are an ignorant fool.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-11-2014, 11:15 AM
(26-11-2014 11:01 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Ah! I retire humbly chastised. *Bows*

Much cheers to all.

Ah, someone who knows what the world "humble" means. Thumbsup

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Blush

Much cheers to all.
26-11-2014, 11:22 AM

1991, page 59.

Trial. 1991. page 82.

favorite) ----

Astronomers. page 116

Would you care to tell us from where you cut and pasted that? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user