Its a pleasure to be among you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
Ive introduced myself in this appropriate Room, and if any of you would like to dialogue on specific issues of Theism or Atheism, then ill be in the Atheism/Theism Room of the Forum. Thanks for all your warm welcomes ! This will conclude my posting in this Introductory Thread. End.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 11:29 AM
(26-11-2014 11:26 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Ive introduced myself in this appropriate Room, and if any of you would like to dialogue on specific issues of Theism or Atheism, then ill be in the Atheism/Theism Room of the Forum. Thanks for all your warm welcomes ! This will conclude my posting in this Introductory Thread. End.

*Waves* Smile

Looking forwards to interacting with your self. (And having the time to do so)

"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

Big Grin

Much cheers to all.
26-11-2014, 01:03 PM
(26-11-2014 09:20 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  One of the reasons I left Christianity, is this notion that being true to thine own self is somehow ''evil,'' or ''immoral.'' It's not. The reason you think this is because Christianity came up with the fallacy that ''free will,'' is somehow a betrayal of Bible God. When someone ''sins,'' well...that's because God gave everyone ''free will.''

If God gave you free will, why would it be evil, then?

I'm just me. I don't subscribe to all of these neurotic notions that you have adopted and construe as positives, because you have convinced yourself that this god of love would wish this on you.

If that is your view of a god, you can have ''him''. If salvation and heaven requires me to hate myself, you can have that, too.

I say this with the best of intent. Big Grin

I'll leave you with these questions to answer, if only to yourself: do you treat people whom you care about in the way you describe your god? Seeing that he/it is a god of conditions, do you love others in your life, in that manner, as well? Seeing that in order to follow Christianity, one must strive for the same traits as god exhibits, yes? So, do you cast people into a fiery furnace when they don't meet your umm....expectations?

if the answer is no...why do you follow a god that does what you yourself couldn't imagine doing to those you claim to 'love?'

WHen you make SELF the guiding authority so you can live as you like regardless of right and wrong, then you have overstepped your boundaries . God deserved to be number one in all our lives with the benefit of living for his loving protective moral mandates which help us to enjhoy life without hurting ourselves and others. Just look at what Humanisms ideology has done to this Country which is predicated on making oneself 'god' . Man was never meant to make up his own rules for living and only a willful loving obedience to God and his absolute moral laws will give us the real freedom we are looking for and to fulfill the ultimate purpose in being alive . We are made for relationship with our Creator . When our freewill is directed toward returning the Creators love thru obedience, only then do we find great joy , peace, fulfillment, and meaning . The world cannot give peace to our Souls....it only takes becauswe of GodLESS philosophies.

The irony of your reply here? The majority of incarcerated men and women in the American prison system claim to be 'Christian' when identifying themselves with a particular religion. The LEAST represented status in prisons are....atheists.

Atheists make up the smallest prison population in the U.S.

One might surmise from this FACTUAL DATA, that atheists do know right from wrong. Consider

But, you can keep getting up to bat, and trying to swing at my pitches. You'll continue to strike out...no worries. Big Grin Your argument against atheists is weak, and is solely based on your own prejudice against atheism...not on any factual data, I'm afraid.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 7 users Like Deidre32's post
26-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Re: Its a pleasure to be among you
Guess he didn't like my question enough to respond. Fine. I just won't be nice anymore.
26-11-2014, 03:08 PM
(26-11-2014 11:26 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Ive introduced myself in this appropriate Room, and if any of you would like to dialogue on specific issues of Theism or Atheism, then ill be in the Atheism/Theism Room of the Forum. Thanks for all your warm welcomes ! This will conclude my posting in this Introductory Thread. End.

[Image: applause.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-11-2014, 03:12 PM
(25-11-2014 11:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 06:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  if the answer is no...why do you follow a god that does what you yourself couldn't imagine doing to those you claim to 'love?'

BRAVO! Heart I'll never chuck you in a fiery furnace Deidre32 Smile

whew! and ditto. Big Grin
Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
12-02-2015, 09:30 PM
(26-11-2014 01:03 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The irony of your reply here? The majority of incarcerated men and women in the American prison system claim to be 'Christian' when identifying themselves with a particular religion. The LEAST represented status in prisons are....atheists.

One might surmise from this FACTUAL DATA, that atheists do know right from wrong. Consider

It has been said that many prisoners convert while behind bars due to frequent proselytizing, fear of their own mortality and/or to score brownie points with the parole boards. It's disingenuous to jump to conclusions based on scarce statistics.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
12-02-2015, 10:15 PM
(12-02-2015 09:30 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 01:03 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The irony of your reply here? The majority of incarcerated men and women in the American prison system claim to be 'Christian' when identifying themselves with a particular religion. The LEAST represented status in prisons are....atheists.

It has been said that many prisoners convert while behind bars due to frequent proselytizing, fear of their own mortality and/or to score brownie points with the parole boards. It's disingenuous to jump to conclusions based on scarce statistics.

FBI statistics are taken upon entry into prison. the last survey done in 2013 reflects .07% are non religious.

"Federal Bureau of Prisons responded and sent the Frequency of Religious Affiliation of inmates in the federal prisons figures, as of April 27, 2013. The data proved that atheists made up only 0.07% of the prison population, even a lower number that was previously thought."

http://natskep.com/only-0-07-of-prisoner...ns-report/

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-ri...its-prison

Now we can play peekaboo games of postulating why someone would mark one box versus the other...like the popular "they want to be viewed in a positive manner so they check christian even if they are not"...but lets just take the data at face value. It doesnt prove that christians are deviant *cough* but it disproves the posit that atheists by design are immoral...based on prison statistics alone.

The well-known passage from Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, "If God is dead, all is permitted," suggests that non-believers would not hold moral lives without the possibility of punishment by a God. This is absurd as all one has to do is look at Denmark or Sweden to see that these largely atheist areas enjoy being at the top tier of civilization. This is broken down in great detail in a book by Phil Zuckerman, "Society without god".

Phil Zuckerman, associate professor of sociology at Pitzer College in California, in his article, "Is Faith Good For Us" states the following: "A comparison of highly irreligious countries with highly religious countries, however, reveals a very different state of affairs. In reality, the most secular countries-those with the highest proportion of atheists and agnostics-are among the most stable, peaceful, free, wealthy, and healthy societies. And the most religious nations-wherein worship of God is in abundance-are among the most unstable, violent, oppressive, poor, and destitute."

A study by Gregory S. Paul, entitled "Cross-National Correlations of Quantifiable Societal Health with Popular Religiosity and Secularism in the Prosperous Democracies: A First Look," was done and the study's conclusion was that there was an inverse relationship between religion and poor societal health rates. What that means is that the higher the level of religious belief in a country, the lower the level of societal health (more violent crimes, suicides, teen pregnancies, etc.).

So it seems that a plethora of evidence exists to show that not only do we not need religion in our lives to be good humans, but that having it in our lives can be counter-productive and unhealthy.

reference:

Zuckerman, Phil. Society without god: What the least religious nations can tell us about contentment. New York: New York University Press, 2008. Print.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post