Its a pleasure to be among you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
welcome

I look forward to seeing your other posts.

And just cuz you are new, and likely to get bomboarded once you leave the intro section, here's a bit of advice.

1.Use the boxing ring to discuss a particular topic one on one with someone. You will find that you will have a dozen people firing questions and rebuttals at you at one time non stop, pick one or two to focus on, and then consider talking more in depth in the boxing ring.

2."because its written in the bible" doesnt work here, gotta bring more than that.

3. everyone will stay friendly as long as you arent trying to proselytize.

Have fun, and again, welcome to TTA

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-11-2014, 06:32 PM
^That is excelent advice and you'd be well served by following it.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
23-11-2014, 08:50 PM
(23-11-2014 02:56 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  As my Addy says, im a Theist. I believe it is an enormous Impossibility that there isn't a personal Agent/Architect/Creator for our Universe which has personal , intelligent-based, and information-laden effects to it. So, im here to investigate why the Atheist Community thinks that it is possible . I look forward to meeting lots of people here and to cordially discussing our differing viewpoints based on modern scientific evidences .

Thank you.

Hi HLT, I am a humble little atheist Big Grin

Nice to meet you, I am sure we will converse later. Looking forward to exploring your anthropocentric transcendental world with you. Thumbsup

welcome

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
23-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Re: Its a pleasure to be among you
Welcome. I hope you satisfy your curiosity.
23-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Hi and welcome. You don't have to discuss only religion here. There's science (although you've mentioned that), politics, philosophy, entertainment, ranting, a thread about cats, etc. My favorite is pics for a laugh at religion - although you might find that thread offensive.

Goodwithoutgod would be an excellent opponent(?) in the boxing ring - no flaming, just facts.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm and not so warm welcomes. Pleased to be in this Forum to determine if Atheistic Worldview/Origins is logical and reasonable and if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs which are based on faith . Ill be spending most of my time in the 'Atheist/Theist' Room and hope you will stop by. Thanks, Dave
[+] 2 users Like Im a humble little Theist's post
24-11-2014, 09:24 AM
(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Thank you everyone for the warm and not so warm welcomes. Pleased to be in this Forum to determine if Atheistic Worldview/Origins is logical and reasonable and if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs which are based on faith . Ill be spending most of my time in the 'Atheist/Theist' Room and hope you will stop by. Thanks, Dave

Pro tip: The words atheist, atheistic, and atheism are not proper nouns so they do not require capitalization.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-11-2014, 09:27 AM
And we are all humble little atheists. Angel

Welcome to TTA. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
24-11-2014, 09:27 AM
(23-11-2014 02:56 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  As my Addy says, im a Theist. I believe it is an enormous Impossibility that there isn't a personal Agent/Architect/Creator for our Universe which has personal , intelligent-based, and information-laden effects to it. So, im here to investigate why the Atheist Community thinks that it is possible . I look forward to meeting lots of people here and to cordially discussing our differing viewpoints based on modern scientific evidences .

Thank you.

Sure it is possible that a god is not needed. Do you attribute lightening to Thor? Do you attribute hurricanes to the ocean god Poseidon?

Maybe you need to consider that it is merely humans who project their own wishes on the world.

Welcome, but just to warn you, most of the people you debate here know much more than you might think.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post