Its a pleasure to be among you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Thank you everyone for the warm and not so warm welcomes. Pleased to be in this Forum to determine if Atheistic Worldview/Origins is logical and reasonable and if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs which are based on faith . Ill be spending most of my time in the 'Atheist/Theist' Room and hope you will stop by. Thanks, Dave

Happy to have you onboard, and I look forward to determining if you can validate, substantiate, and articulate your faith. Smartass

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 10:08 AM
(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs which are based on faith

... A professed atheist huh? With a capital 'A'... Oh boy... Just in time for Christmas too...

I really really hope you actually are a nice lil' Christian with a thick skin boyo Smile May the wors be with you!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-11-2014, 10:23 AM
(24-11-2014 10:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs which are based on faith

... A professed atheist huh? With a capital 'A'... Oh boy... Just in time for Christmas too...

I really really hope you actually are a nice lil' Christian with a thick skin boyo Smile May the wors be with you!

Darn, I didn't get my atheist profession form when I joined. I guess it's another form I have to fill out. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-11-2014, 10:33 AM
(24-11-2014 09:57 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Thank you everyone for the warm and not so warm welcomes. Pleased to be in this Forum to determine if Atheistic Worldview/Origins is logical and reasonable and if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs which are based on faith . Ill be spending most of my time in the 'Atheist/Theist' Room and hope you will stop by. Thanks, Dave

Happy to have you onboard, and I look forward to determining if you can validate, substantiate, and articulate your faith. Smartass

Thanks for the warm response. I can validate my Faith based on evidence, but im here primarily to see if an atheistic Secular Humanist can validate their faith .... so ill be posting from that perspective in the Atheist/Theist Room.
24-11-2014, 10:39 AM
(24-11-2014 10:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  [quote='morondog' pid='690432' dateline='1416845318']

Darn, I didn't get my atheist profession form when I joined. I guess it's another form I have to fill out. Laugh out load

Theres no form to fill out ; I don't remember having to fill out a form either back when I wanted to be an Atheist . But I did get the T-shirt in the mail with the colorful airbrushed depiction of the One Celled Pond Protozoa burping : 'Howdy Dave !' . I thought that was a very nice sentiment.
24-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Popcorn

Oh goodie! I can't wait!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-11-2014, 11:13 AM
(24-11-2014 10:33 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  ...
but im here primarily to see if an atheistic Secular Humanist can validate their faith

Welcome.

I just wanted to mention that atheists have no faith so, if that's your primary reason for being here, you may be wasting your time.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
24-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-11-2014, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 11:58 AM by Mr. Boston.)
Pleasure to have you. Always happy to meet and converse with an open-minded and genuinely curious Theist about this kind of stuff. To me it's not about whether or not the existence of a divine architect or overseer is POSSIBLE; I'll concede that anything's possible, it's about whether or not such an entity's existence is likely, or even necessary given what we know about the laws and processes of the natural universe. When you have something for which there is no evidence of existence, and without which the universe could exist, I just find it's the more intellectually honest position to assume it does not. I just don't see any credible reason to believe in a supernatural component to reality, since it's not something we can perceive, and since the existence of the universe does not in any way require it. As with anything, I'm willing to be proved wrong should credible evidence materialize.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
24-11-2014, 11:23 AM
There's no such thing as an "atheistic worldview." See, we don't have a club with special rules one must adhere to, just to be a member.

Also, atheism isn't based on faith. Most atheists base what they believe to be true on evidence. It's almost like the opposite of faith. Most of us refer to it as "reality."

See. You're learning things already!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post