Its a pleasure to be among you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
(24-11-2014 11:23 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's no such thing as an "atheistic worldview." See, we don't have a club with special rules one must adhere to, just to be a member.

Also, atheism isn't based on faith. Most atheists base what they believe to be true on evidence. It's almost like the opposite of faith. Most of us refer to it as "reality."

See. You're learning things already!

Nahhh....you've been misled . Atheism/Humanism is religiously infused and atheistic worldview/origins are predicated on faith that it occurred . Here, read this so you can re-learn things : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 . Youre a Religionist too, so, welcome ! .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 11:46 AM
(24-11-2014 11:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:23 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's no such thing as an "atheistic worldview." See, we don't have a club with special rules one must adhere to, just to be a member.

Also, atheism isn't based on faith. Most atheists base what they believe to be true on evidence. It's almost like the opposite of faith. Most of us refer to it as "reality."

Nahhh....you've been misled . Atheism/Humanism is religiously infused and atheistic worldview/origins are predicated on faith that it occurred . Here, read this so you can re-learn things : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 . Youre a Religionist too, so, welcome ! .

Your argument is utterly unconvincing. How is something that denies the supernatural a religion?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 11:49 AM

Facepalm

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Popcorn

Oh boy.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
24-11-2014, 11:55 AM
(23-11-2014 02:56 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  As my Addy says, im a Theist. I believe it is an enormous Impossibility that there isn't a personal Agent/Architect/Creator for our Universe which has personal , intelligent-based, and information-laden effects to it. So, im here to investigate why the Atheist Community thinks that it is possible . I look forward to meeting lots of people here and to cordially discussing our differing viewpoints based on modern scientific evidences .

Thank you.

All it proves is that you know very little of real science, and what "probability" is all about. No one cares what someone so uneducated thinks or says.

Here's some evidence for you. Watch the ENTIRE SERIES, and then we'll discuss the chemistry. K ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2014, 11:59 AM
This is where I believe Richard Dawkins has sort of done a disservice to atheism. While I admire his tenacity, he nearly embraces science as a religion, and it causes many theists to think we (as atheists) all collectively beat that same drum. We don't.

OP, unlike theism, atheists don't 'follow any particular leader.' There's no pope, pastor or deacon to guide us by the hand, for atheism isn't about being guided by the hand. It's not a religion. It is a place one comes to when realizing that reality, despite its flaws, is better than any fantasy known as religion.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
24-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Don't they have some sort of "Apologetics Camp" or "Preaching for Beginners" they can send you people to, before they let you loose to inflict your stupidity on the world ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2014, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 02:34 PM by goodwithoutgod.)

Let me give you an assist. Religions have organized behaviors, clergy, a definition of what constitutes adherence or membership, holy places, and scriptures. The practice of a religion may also include rituals, sermons, commemoration or veneration of a deity, gods or goddesses, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, prayer, music, art, dance, public service or other aspects of human culture. Religions may also contain mythology.

Atheism has none of that except public service. That isn't to say individual atheists don't dance, listen to music, enjoy art and other aspects of human culture..... but as atheist organizations like foundation beyond belief, for example, they do great works of humanitarian endeavors...all without religion or an agenda...and the interesting part is that when they are doing humanitarian work, they don't hand out bibles. Contrary to popular theist's misguided attempt to toss the hot potato onto our lap, we aren't a religion. Atheism doesn't require faith, the belief in something without evidence, we don't need faith, as we have fact on our side.

Science is the antithesis of faith. Science is a process that contains multiple and redundant checks, balances, and safeguards against human bias and error. Science has a built in corrective mechanism..hypothesis testing...that weeds out false claims. Claims that come about as a result of a scientific process are held as tentatively true by scientists..unlike claims of faith that are held as eternally true with zero evidence. Related to this, claims that come about as a result of a scientific process are falsifiable, that is, there is a way to show the claims are false. This is not the case with faith claims. For example, there's no way to falisify the claim that the norse god Loki was able to assume other forms.

Scientists try to prove claims false (falsification), unlike faith leaders who unequivocally state their faith claims are true. If a scientist can demonstrate that a popular scientific claim is false, he or she can become famous, get tenure, publish books, earn more money and become respected by her or his peers. If a preacher states that the claims of his faith tradition are false, he's excommunicated, defrocked or otherwise forced to abandon his position...the stifling of growth and enlightenment basically.

Science is a method for advancing our understanding. It is process we can use to bring us closer to the truth, and to weed out false claims. Science thus is the best way we've currently found to explain and understand how the universe works.

But hey, this is the introduction thread, enough of that, you almost got me into an educational rant....schooling the faithful is such an endless exercise. Again, WELCOME, I will see you later I am sure. Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
24-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Re: RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
(24-11-2014 11:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Nahhh....you've been misled . Atheism/Humanism is religiously infused and atheistic worldview/origins are predicated on faith that it occurred . Here, read this so you can re-learn things : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 . Youre a Religionist too, so, welcome ! .

Sorry, but you have either been misled, lied to, or have interpreted things completely wrong. For one, atheism and humanism are two different things, as there are theist humanists.

If you're here to convert us or tell us we're religious, keep in mind you're not the first to think that or declare himself the winner of every debate and discussion.

I applaud you for coming here, but you're not a special snowflake.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
24-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Hello! Big Grin

I see what I get for sleeping in another time zone. Lots of posts to read. Smile

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Thank you everyone for the warm and not so warm welcomes.

You're most welcome. Smile

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Pleased to be in this Forum to determine if Atheistic Worldview/Origins is logical and reasonable

Actually... this part of the forum is the meet and greet. Perhaps you'd like to start a new thread in another, appropriate part of the boards?

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  ..... and if the professed Atheists in here can support their affirmative beliefs

Which affirmative belief is it that I have, perchance?

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  .....which are based on faith .

Well... depending upon what said beliefs, then yes they might be based on faith... Consider

But, you pointing out the beliefs I have would really help me pin that down. Smile

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Ill be spending most of my time in the 'Atheist/Theist' Room and hope you will stop by. Thanks, Dave

I look forwards to chatting/passing posts back and forth with you there.

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  I can validate my Faith based on evidence,

That's GREAT! Can't wait to see it. Thumbsup

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  ...but I'm here primarily to see if an atheistic Secular Humanist can validate their faith .... so ill be posting from that perspective in the Atheist/Theist Room.

Again, I'm missing the particular faith I'm supposed to be having... Consider

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  ...... Atheism/Humanism is religiously infused

Um.... you saying so.. does not actually make it so. You're aware of that, right?

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  .....and atheistic worldview/origins are predicated on faith that it occurred

Faith on what aspect of atheism occurred? This sentence actually doesn't make any sense to me.

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Here, read this so you can re-learn things : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 .

Shall do. Thumbsup

(24-11-2014 09:08 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  You're a Religionist too.....

Um... so can you show me the tenets of my said faith, then? 'Cause I'm not aware of any. Consider

Much cheers to all.
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post