Its a pleasure to be among you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Its a pleasure to be among you
(24-11-2014 11:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:23 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's no such thing as an "atheistic worldview." See, we don't have a club with special rules one must adhere to, just to be a member.

Also, atheism isn't based on faith. Most atheists base what they believe to be true on evidence. It's almost like the opposite of faith. Most of us refer to it as "reality."

See. You're learning things already!

Nahhh....you've been misled . Atheism/Humanism is religiously infused and atheistic worldview/origins are predicated on faith that it occurred . Here, read this so you can re-learn things : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 . Youre a Religionist too, so, welcome ! .

You know paint chips are not actually candie right? Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-11-2014, 04:01 AM
(24-11-2014 11:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:23 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's no such thing as an "atheistic worldview." See, we don't have a club with special rules one must adhere to, just to be a member.

Also, atheism isn't based on faith. Most atheists base what they believe to be true on evidence. It's almost like the opposite of faith. Most of us refer to it as "reality."

See. You're learning things already!

Nahhh....you've been misled . Atheism/Humanism is religiously infused and atheistic worldview/origins are predicated on faith that it occurred . Here, read this so you can re-learn things : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230 . Youre a Religionist too, so, welcome ! .

This is funny. Here I have been atheist since age 10, and yet I didn't know I believed in a religion. Tongue

See, there is no learning involved in being an atheist. There is unlearning for some, those who have been indoctrinated with religion in their youth . We are all born atheist. We are all born to be curious and ask questions.

Science has nothing to do with it, really. Science is a way of trying to find out about the world. You can't "believe" in the results, science redefines things all the time. Learning requires adapting to new findings all the time. That's what science does, it tries to find facts. It is not a fact in and of itself.

There is no atheist community per se. There are some groups that have formed because the era of people living in closets for various reasons is coming to an end. Most atheists are in the closet, and you likely know some yourself.

Now, this is going way beyond the scope of an introduction, which is what this section is for. I suggest you open a thread in one of the discussion sections.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-11-2014, 12:27 PM
(24-11-2014 11:59 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  This is where I believe Richard Dawkins has sort of done a disservice to atheism. While I admire his tenacity, he nearly embraces science as a religion, and it causes many theists to think we (as atheists) all collectively beat that same drum. We don't.

OP, unlike theism, atheists don't 'follow any particular leader.' There's no pope, pastor or deacon to guide us by the hand, for atheism isn't about being guided by the hand. It's not a religion. It is a place one comes to when realizing that reality, despite its flaws, is better than any fantasy known as religion.

The 'Leader' that Atheists follow is what atheistic Secular Humanism declares as the Leader ... and that is : SELF . Its even layed out in consise formal affirmations as found in the Humanist Manifesto and represents what all atheistic Humanists agree with . Its all about making SELF ones own 'god' instead of making the real Creator of our Universe the authority of Ones life . Even the Humanist creed of 'Man is the center of all things' validates what im saying. The trouble is, whenever Man plays God, it is a recipe for moral disaster.......precisely what we have today because God is hated, shunned, and is viewed as a kill-joy to immoral fun. Its been this way thruout history with the man made religion of Atheism and Man wanting to be a 'god' calling his own shots in life. What supreme arrogance for the sake of willful rebellion.

As for atheistic Secular Humanism being a religion....it is a worldview religion based on FAITH with strong appeal to pseudo-science . It certainly doesn't come from real science . If you care to read this Formal Debate I had recently, you will see that providing you can accept the stark truth behind the charade so many are willing to play : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230
25-11-2014, 12:43 PM
You don't understand atheism or religion.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 8 users Like Impulse's post
25-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Can we assume the turn this poster has taken negates the warning Stark was issued?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 01:05 PM
(25-11-2014 12:43 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You don't understand atheism or religion.

That's a common retort I get, but, Im getting my OBJECTIVE information from the highest of reliable atheist Sources...that being....the official atheistic Humanist Manifestos 1 and 2 plus what the presiding Humanist of the Year quoted in the national Humanist Magazine of Humanism being a religion.

Is there any chance that you don't appreciate me exposing atheistic Humanism as a Religion , and so you defame me based on that (?) .
25-11-2014, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 01:12 PM by Im a humble little Theist.)
(25-11-2014 12:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Can we assume the turn this poster has taken negates the warning Stark was issued?

If Stark was looking to get me into a debate with him in this Introductory Room which is against Forum Rules, then that wasn't nice of him. I wont get into a debate with him in here ....and I left him with a link that he can go to where I do debate the issue . Here it is again : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230
25-11-2014, 01:16 PM
(25-11-2014 01:05 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  That's a common retort I get, but, Im getting my OBJECTIVE information from the highest of reliable atheist Sources...that being....the official atheistic Humanist Manifestos 1 and 2 plus what the presiding Humanist of the Year quoted in the national Humanist Magazine of Humanism being a religion.

Is there any chance that you don't appreciate me exposing atheistic Humanism as a Religion , and so you defame me based on that (?) .

I'm an atheist and I never even heard of the Humanist Manifesto until you mentioned it. I certainly don't follow it. Those who do are only one specific subset of atheists and most likely the overwhelming minority. Yet, you base your view of atheists as a whole on that one document and arbitrarily label it as the "highest of reliable atheist sources".

That's just the beginning of all that you got wrong.

Please read carefully: There is nothing in atheism that can be accurately labeled "religion". Doing so by anyone, including you, merely exemplifies ignorance on the subject.

Why is so important to you to label atheism as religion anyway? It does nothing for proving the existence of any god and so it does nothing to support your theistic viewpoint. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
25-11-2014, 01:21 PM
(25-11-2014 01:05 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 12:43 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You don't understand atheism or religion.

That's a common retort I get, but, Im getting my OBJECTIVE information from the highest of reliable atheist Sources...that being....the official atheistic Humanist Manifestos 1 and 2 plus what the presiding Humanist of the Year quoted in the national Humanist Magazine of Humanism being a religion.

I love how you use the term Humanism like its a bad thing.

hu·man·ism
ˈ(h)yo͞oməˌnizəm/Submit
noun
an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.

Your Jebus said in John 13:34
34 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”

A person who is a humanist is doing exactly what Jebus commanded.

...and no, Humanism isn’t a religion, this is a religion http://jloughnan.tripod.com/dogma.htm

And why the hell am I not getting these manifestos? What am I chopped liver?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 01:25 PM
(23-11-2014 03:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome.

Maybe you could start a thread explaining your incredulity. Drinking Beverage

More to the point, rather than incredulity... I'd rather our new theist member develop a thread explaining his/her credulity. The subtleties between those two words readily alludes to the differences between theist and atheist. Shy Just a thought.

Hi IHLT - What a long name for "a humble little" anything. This is an international community so there's a different perspective at nearly every turn. Good to have you here and hope you enjoy exploring.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein