Ivan Panin's "Proof".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Ivan Panin's "Proof".
Rest assured, Sean, we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you. Besides, the prophet is validated by wondrous sign, not blundreous sign. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Numerology and the "Bible Code" is a load of bullshit.

The English alphabet has a small amount of letters... If I ripp out a page of any book I own, I am willing to bet that I will find all 26 of the letters on it.

And even if I didn't, the letters that don't appear, won't be likely to be used anyways.

It's a misfiring of the brain that we are prone to pick out patterns when there are none.

Same shit here.

And speaking of, the Bible Code has no predictionary powers. There is no mechanism of divining the future. At best, it is a way for people to get their jollies off of post-diction.

I stopped believing in this shit when I did a comprehensive study that was fueled by Dan Brown's the Da Vinci code.

P.S that book was decent, a bit sloppy and horridly written, but decent. Plus I loved the movie.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 10:18 PM by Full Circle.)
(24-06-2013 01:39 PM)JesuisSean Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 01:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I'm impressed with your teacher...you, not so much.

Here is my short version http://www.outersecrets.com/real/forum_againstum2.htm

It's basically for those who have a short attention span.

Forget short attention span, when it comes to bullshit my attention span is zero.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:It's a misfiring of the brain that we are prone to pick out patterns when there are none.

Same shit here.

And speaking of, the Bible Code has no predictionary powers. There is no mechanism of divining the future. At best, it is a way for people to get their jollies off of post-diction.

I stopped believing in this shit when I did a comprehensive study that was fueled by Dan Brown's the Da Vinci code.

1) Panin had written by the end of his life 42,000 pages of study, for one example of a gematria student. He was a brilliant man who read and wrote Hebrew, Chaldean and Greek and lectured at Harvard--on his personal Atheism--before his conversion. Your quick and simple "it's paredolia" does nothing to add to this discussion of the facts.

2) I KNOW the Bible code has no predictory power and have discussed this elsewhere here. The fact that we see it in postdiction demonstrates God's knowledge of the future in the past, e.g. after the fact you can find "MCI crash" or "Two towers fall great city 3,000 dead". The fact that it cannot be used to predict the future i.e. play the Dow Jones for money equals God's wise restraint.

3) Hopefully your comprehensive study illustrated how wrong and manipulative Dan Brown's works are. For one example, (and I've studied the Merovingians outside Dan Brown, the royal houses of Europe really believe and promote this garbage) Jesus couldn't have married Mary Magdalene because He was ENGAGED to His bride, the church. The Last Supper was styled after an ancient Jewish betrothal ceremony. You see, you have to study the scriptures also to make these religious studies significant...

Thanks.
25-06-2013, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 09:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-06-2013 08:31 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:It's a misfiring of the brain that we are prone to pick out patterns when there are none.

Same shit here.

1) Panin had written by the end of his life 42,000 pages of study, for one example of a gematria student. He was a brilliant man who read and wrote Hebrew, Chaldean and Greek and lectured at Harvard--on his personal Atheism--before his conversion. Your quick and simple "it's paredolia" does nothing to add to this discussion of the facts.

2) I KNOW the Bible code has no predictory power and have discussed this elsewhere here. The fact that we see it in postdiction demonstrates God's knowledge of the future in the past, e.g. after the fact you can find "MCI crash" or "Two towers fall great city 3,000 dead". The fact that it cannot be used to predict the future i.e. play the Dow Jones for money equals God's wise restraint.

3) Hopefully your comprehensive study illustrated how wrong and manipulative Dan Brown's works are. For one example, (and I've studied the Merovingians outside Dan Brown, the royal houses of Europe really believe and promote this garbage) Jesus couldn't have married Mary Magdalene because He was ENGAGED to His bride, the church. The Last Supper was styled after an ancient Jewish betrothal ceremony. You see, you have to study the scriptures also to make these religious studies significant...

Thanks.

Too bad he never once compared his "finds" to any other text. It's all a fallacy, and the SAME patterns can be found in any work of literature. He had no null hypothesis. Where he taught is irrelevant. The only thing that IS relevant is whether it stands up to scrutiny. It does NOT. ANY work of literature has "patterns". The finding here are not unique, and he did not test his hare-brained idea, (and neither have you), against any other work of literature. Try harder, SPJTJ. No one takes anything you say seriously here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-06-2013, 01:06 PM
(25-06-2013 08:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Too bad he never once compared his "finds" to any other text. It's all a fallacy, and the SAME patterns can be found in any work of literature. He had no null hypothesis. Where he taught is irrelevant. The only thing that IS relevant is whether it stands up to scrutiny. It does NOT. ANY work of literature has "patterns". The finding here are not unique, and he did not test his hare-brained idea, (and neither have you), against any other work of literature.

So much this. I can do the same thing with Moby Dick to prove that Jaws did WTC. It's horseshit of the laziest variety.

Everybody accepts that patterns can be found by looking until you find them (that's the exact methodology here!). And that's it. There's no meaning to it.
25-06-2013, 02:21 PM
(24-06-2013 01:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Why are we complicating this issue? Each Hebrew, Chaldean and Greek letter has a numerical equivalent on a base 10 number system, yet there are extraordinary encodings of primes throughout the 66 books. "The Bible Code" or at least the simplest one of them...

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.Thumbsup

We simply had to make it clear time and time and time again that some people have chosen to be left behind, and that for many of them there is no way in which their minds can be changed.

Throwing away the chance of having an eternal life in a heavenly paradise is a shocking choice, but some people simply insist upon it.Shocking

They just laugh at the "idea", as they would call it.

You have a short life on this side of reality, and a massively huge lengthy life on the other side.

Some people choose to live it up on the short side, and thus be miserable at best on the eternal long side.

Other folk choose to work hard, despite the suffering, humility, and often rejection, and do so on the short side, thus to be forever happy on the eternal long side.

Thus the point is, many people are quite willing to possibly make the biggest and most costly mistake that is ever achievable. Now think about it, can you ever change a mind like that?
25-06-2013, 02:46 PM
(25-06-2013 02:21 PM)JesuisSean Wrote:  Other folk choose to work hard, despite the suffering, humility, and often rejection, and do so on the short side, thus to be forever happy on the eternal long side.

Hey! You forgot about the folk who die young of genetic illness, the babies that die during childbirth, people who have never heard of your religion, people born before your religion ever existed, people who don't have to work hard or suffer, and every human who has ever worshiped one of the many gods that you don't believe in. Thumbsup

Most people here have changed their minds. People like you helped push me towards atheism; you'll never truly grasp that. I'd be embarrassed if you were representing me.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
25-06-2013, 02:57 PM
(25-06-2013 02:21 PM)JesuisSean Wrote:  DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.Thumbsup

We simply had to make it clear time and time and time again that some people have chosen to be left behind, and that for many of them there is no way in which their minds can be changed.

Throwing away the chance of having an eternal life in a heavenly paradise is a shocking choice, but some people simply insist upon it.Shocking

They just laugh at the "idea", as they would call it.

You have a short life on this side of reality, and a massively huge lengthy life on the other side.

Some people choose to live it up on the short side, and thus be miserable at best on the eternal long side.

Other folk choose to work hard, despite the suffering, humility, and often rejection, and do so on the short side, thus to be forever happy on the eternal long side.

Thus the point is, many people are quite willing to possibly make the biggest and most costly mistake that is ever achievable. Now think about it, can you ever change a mind like that?

Oh, look, Pascal's wager. Now I'm just sad for you.
25-06-2013, 03:08 PM
(25-06-2013 02:21 PM)JesuisSean Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 01:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Why are we complicating this issue?

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.Thumbsup

Now there's a match made in Belleview. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post