Ivan Panin's "Proof".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Ivan Panin's "Proof".
It has to be Hebrew, Greek or Chaldean because those languages do not contain numerals. Letters are transposed for numbers and numbers for letters in deciphering the Bible codes...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 04:40 PM
(30-01-2013 02:35 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It has to be Hebrew, Greek or Chaldean because those languages do not contain numerals. Letters are transposed for numbers and numbers for letters in deciphering the Bible codes...

Oh, please. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm unsure what your objection is, since sarcasm is a debate tool but not a logical proof.
It is true that ancient Greek and Hebrew did not use numerals. Letters and numbers are interchanged for the Bible codes.
31-01-2013, 10:47 AM
(31-01-2013 10:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm unsure what your objection is, since sarcasm is a debate tool but not a logical proof.
It is true that ancient Greek and Hebrew did not use numerals. Letters and numbers are interchanged for the Bible codes.
"Codes" can be found in any text. Your requirement that they be of a certain kind is special pleading.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
31-01-2013, 12:06 PM
(29-01-2013 08:01 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  Anyway, I'm in an ongoing argument with a christian, and he brought up Ivan Panin as indisputable proof of the bible's inspiration. Can you guys help me debunk this numerology stuff?

I would try a slightly different tactic than what these guys have suggested... not that they're wrong, because they're not. But I would suggest just giving him the Bible Code. Accept it. Say, "I'm fine with you believing that the bible includes codes that prophecy things that will happen in the future. Now, how does prophecy prove that God exists?" Because, as we all know here, that's an argument from ignorance. You could personally predict a disastrous event happening in the future. If it came true, would that mean that Christians (by their standard used here) would have to accept your atheism as true?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
31-01-2013, 12:08 PM
(31-01-2013 10:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm unsure what your objection is, since sarcasm is a debate tool but not a logical proof.
Speaking of which, have you watched this?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
31-01-2013, 01:29 PM
The codes are extraordinary and statistically speaking, significant. They cannot be found in "any text", at least, not the kinds of extraordinary codes I'm aware of. Thank you.
31-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:I would try a slightly different tactic than what these guys have suggested... not that they're wrong, because they're not. But I would suggest just giving him the Bible Code. Accept it. Say, "I'm fine with you believing that the bible includes codes that prophecy things that will happen in the future. Now, how does prophecy prove that God exists?" Because, as we all know here, that's an argument from ignorance. You could personally predict a disastrous event happening in the future. If it came true, would that mean that Christians (by their standard used here) would have to accept your atheism as true?
Is that the stakes? Really? You think Christians claim one disastrous event was predicted by the scriptures rather than hundreds of details from the life of Jesus Christ?
If I told you one fact about your future for 100 days running, you would conclude I had some inside information and would not dismiss 100 coincidences.
31-01-2013, 02:32 PM
(31-01-2013 01:57 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I would try a slightly different tactic than what these guys have suggested... not that they're wrong, because they're not. But I would suggest just giving him the Bible Code. Accept it. Say, "I'm fine with you believing that the bible includes codes that prophecy things that will happen in the future. Now, how does prophecy prove that God exists?" Because, as we all know here, that's an argument from ignorance. You could personally predict a disastrous event happening in the future. If it came true, would that mean that Christians (by their standard used here) would have to accept your atheism as true?
Is that the stakes? Really? You think Christians claim one disastrous event was predicted by the scriptures rather than hundreds of details from the life of Jesus Christ?
If I told you one fact about your future for 100 days running, you would conclude I had some inside information and would not dismiss 100 coincidences.
That depends on what you are telling the future about. If it were specific, and came true, then you'd have something. If there were as vague as horoscope then you'd merely prove that you have knowledge about barnum statements.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
31-01-2013, 02:33 PM
(31-01-2013 01:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The codes are extraordinary and statistically speaking, significant. They cannot be found in "any text", at least, not the kinds of extraordinary codes I'm aware of. Thank you.
Please provide evidence of your extraordinary claims.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "The mind is proof of god's existence." Chujutsu 162 4,621 Yesterday 03:42 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Proof Yahweh isn't real. TSG 40 1,927 18-06-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Another proof of god's existence Troll 13 397 07-04-2014 08:08 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Proof of secular ethics: Against moral violence Luminon 19 346 14-03-2014 06:16 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  Incontrovertible proof God exists Miss Meng 129 2,264 13-03-2014 02:09 PM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  Proof that God does not exist donotwant 1 79 12-03-2014 10:42 AM
Last Post: rampant.a.i.
  Physical Proof of God's Existence! Im_Ryan 21 572 07-03-2014 10:51 AM
Last Post: Im_Ryan