J5Panda90 introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2012, 11:29 PM
J5Panda90 introduction
Hi, my real name's Ebony

I'm a college student at Webster University, living in St. Louis, Missouri but I'm originally from New Jersey. I've been a believer all my life until recently. I just began doubting my faith this year and since then have been reading, talking and listening as much as I can about religion and nonreligion. Until recently I never had an interest in religion, even as a believer. I've been to church only a handful of times in my life and I come from a family that wasn't very religious but still had a belief in God (and they continue to do so as far as I know). As a family, I don't think we've ever actually talked about religion with each other but there was an understanding that we did believe in a God.

Some other things about me:

I love to travel. I'm a senior in college and spent a semester studying abroad in Thailand (Spring 2010) and am going to be studying abroad again for a semester in London in the Fall of 2012. I'm a history major, focusing on Holocaust and Genocide Studies. I am a big fan of Lady Gaga, The Jackson 5 and Ellen Degeneres, just to name a few. Some of my favorite tv shows are Whitney, Bones, Family Guy and Modern Family, basically anything that will make me laugh. I do not like drama, soaps or romantic movies. I love reading, mostly non-fiction history books, horror, religious and nonreligious as well as true-crime. Currently my 2 favorite books are "The Seamstress" by Sara Tuvel and "The Good Book" by David Plotz.

I found my way here through an internet search and I really love the atmosphere here. I'm just hoping to connect with all types of people and learn from everyone. Smile

~Ebony~

"Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to be voted on. That's why they call them rights." -Rachel Maddow
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: J5Panda90 introduction
Welcome to TTA!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
21-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Welcome!

Holocaust and genocide specialty eh? Hmmm, we need to get you to talk to "TheArcticSage" on here, you two would get along well.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
21-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Welcome Smile
21-04-2012, 04:09 AM
I like Pandas.

[Image: panda1.jpg]

They're so fluffy I'm gonna die!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
21-04-2012, 07:26 AM
(21-04-2012 04:09 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I like Pandas.

[Image: panda1.jpg]

They're so fluffy I'm gonna die!

Welcome, Panda. You're already contributing to our forum. You've helped us discover Smoosh's weak spot thru her defenses!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-04-2012, 10:19 AM
^lol

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Smile

"Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to be voted on. That's why they call them rights." -Rachel Maddow
21-04-2012, 11:48 AM
You know that studies show atheists have a higher IQ then believers... Basically bc most aren't born into atheism, it's usually a choice we make after researching religion.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"
Richard Dawkins

"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church."
22-04-2012, 07:48 PM
(21-04-2012 11:48 AM)IGotCoolSocks Wrote:  You know that studies show atheists have a higher IQ then believers... Basically bc most aren't born into atheism, it's usually a choice we make after researching religion.

Yeah I heard about that. I actually did an information speech for my public speaking class on atheism and I remember reading that when doing my research.