JRPG
WRPG
[Show Results]

JRPG vs WRPG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2013, 04:01 PM
JRPG vs WRPG
Japansese vs western RPG's, I won't interfere in the discussion here so GO!

"A witty quote means nothing"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: JRPG vs WRPG
If I had to have a pyelogram, I would want a plain old IVP, not an RPG.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrograde_pyelogram
I would not want a Japanese pyelogram. Too far to go for a plain ole xray. Tongue
I would want mine done in the West.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

01-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Western.
Japanese rpg's are too cartoony for my liking.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
02-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd prefer an actual RPG, but no one seems to make them. All the "RPGs" are just action games where you get to customize your skills and weapons, and none of the choices you make have any meaningful impact on the game. It progresses the same way regardless, with maybe a different cut-scene at the very end. Skill and weapon customization and the ability to choose different quests or do things in a different order makes a game more fun, but it isn't really role-playing.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 3 users Like Elesjei's post
03-06-2013, 11:04 AM
(02-06-2013 10:27 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  I'd prefer an actual RPG, but no one seems to make them. All the "RPGs" are just action games where you get to customize your skills and weapons, and none of the choices you make have any meaningful impact on the game. It progresses the same way regardless, with maybe a different cut-scene at the very end. Skill and weapon customization and the ability to choose different quests or do things in a different order makes a game more fun, but it isn't really role-playing.

The Sims???

03-06-2013, 07:10 PM
(03-06-2013 11:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:27 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  I'd prefer an actual RPG, but no one seems to make them. All the "RPGs" are just action games where you get to customize your skills and weapons, and none of the choices you make have any meaningful impact on the game. It progresses the same way regardless, with maybe a different cut-scene at the very end. Skill and weapon customization and the ability to choose different quests or do things in a different order makes a game more fun, but it isn't really role-playing.

The Sims???

The sims isnt an rpg its evil. Conform or die is the rule in the sims, maybe its changed since the original sims, wouldnt know was so turned off by a game that was basically telling me to cut my hair and get a job, I havent touched the franchise since.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
04-06-2013, 12:27 AM
lol

04-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Re: JRPG vs WRPG
Been amazed at great western rpgs lately but I'm a jrpg fan at heart.

Love the styles, the hookey common arcs, and the stories that expand of coming of age journey to beat world "evils"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson