Jack Chick Dead at 92

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: Jack Chick dead
(24-10-2016 09:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Never heard of this guy. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Stay away, it really is some ugly religious shit. You have been warned. Your life will not be enriched if you read it. If you think my caution isn't enough, maybe just read one part way through, just to convince yourself. But it will be like reaching into a baby's diaper, just to be sure that it's poopy, even though you can smell it, and think it might be gas. You are going to get soiled in a way you won't enjoy. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-10-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Jack Chick dead
(24-10-2016 07:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I thought he was already dead.

Shows how much I know! Big Grin

I don't know who the fuck he is so at least you know that.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-10-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Jack Chick Dead at 92
(24-10-2016 08:19 PM)cactus Wrote:  He's in a better place Drinking Beverage

That's right -- nowhere.
25-10-2016, 02:04 AM
So long, gay bowser!
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
25-10-2016, 03:44 AM
I just want to say I always loved Chick Tracts. By far, my favorite is Somebody Goofed

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/re...p?stk=0003

I'm surprised at the animosity he's facing here. Anyone actually persuaded by those things deserves their stupid fears and beliefs. I always loved how the put the weirdest, creepiest side of Christianity on such an amusing display. I was always super nice to people passing out Chick Tracts so I could complete my collection.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
25-10-2016, 04:25 AM
My old atheist student group used to collect and compare/trade Chick Tracts.

My favorite is still Dark Dungeons, as I actually lived through the anti-D&D propaganda war that went on inside the evangelical churches in the mid-80s.

The MST3K type-written parody of the tract is one of my Favorite Things Ever™.

http://www.humpin.org/mst3kdd/

Containing classic lines like:

Tom: Hey. This isn't a D&D game. Where are all of the cases of Mt. Dew?

Crow: And the Doritos?

Mike: Plus the women out number the men.

Crow: Well it is a "Chick Tract".

(and)

Tom: Oh my God. They killed Black Leaf!

Crow: You bastards!

Mike: No dice rolling and she is dead? This is my kind of DM!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-10-2016, 06:24 AM
I wonder if this was Fred Phelp's gay lover that gave Fred anal herpes????

It sure would explain a lot, wouldn't it???

What you want to bet that they'll soon find the gay comix that he was churning out under a different assumed name???

Bet it's some seriously twisted shit....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-10-2016, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 10:31 AM by kim.)
Yup, he's a dead one. Imagine his surprise at the non-drama of all that nothingness. Angel

Imagine too, all those sweet and hopeful dreams he terrified out of innocent young people. All those passionate dreams repressed due to fear of reprisals from Mr Chick's intensely illustrated ideas of his Bogie Man god. Dodgy

This is a great article that puts a few things into perspective. He used one of the best comic artists and illustrators, Fred Carter, a black artist who is also supposedly a minister, for his propaganda. Fred just likes to draw and really doesn't like being associated with Jack's 'work'. I don't wonder why. Dodgy

I appreciated his art and even originally thought it to be a joke - the drama was so absurdly over-the-top. Then, I came to understand the consequences of perspective. Jack Chick is what happens when one uses an artistic tallent for the purposes of evil.

Mr Chick joyously made his living off squelching the life & dreams of others. Oh, and to all the assholes who have used his 'tracts' for tips in restaurants... thanks for helping Jack fuck up the world that extra little bit. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-10-2016, 10:58 AM
(24-10-2016 08:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Edit: Well crap, somehow I missed Robbypants thread, sorry man.

And I missed this thread, as well. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
25-10-2016, 11:09 AM
(25-10-2016 10:16 AM)kim Wrote:  Yup, he's a dead one. Imagine his surprise at the non-drama of all that nothingness. Angel

Imagine too, all those sweet and hopeful dreams he terrified out of innocent young people. All those passionate dreams repressed due to fear of reprisals from Mr Chick's intensely illustrated ideas of his Bogie Man god. Dodgy

This is a great article that puts a few things into perspective. He used one of the best comic artists and illustrators, Fred Carter, a black artist who is also supposedly a minister, for his propaganda. Fred just likes to draw and really doesn't like being associated with Jack's 'work'. I don't wonder why. Dodgy

I appreciated his art and even originally thought it to be a joke - the drama was so absurdly over-the-top. Then, I came to understand the consequences of perspective. Jack Chick is what happens when one uses an artistic tallent for the purposes of evil.

Mr Chick joyously made his living off squelching the life & dreams of others. Oh, and to all the assholes who have used his 'tracts' for tips in restaurants... thanks for helping Jack fuck up the world that extra little bit. Shy

When I was a young lad - my first few jobs were in food service ---- and I once had some asswipe leave me a tract as a "tip"....

That's OK -- the next time they ate there and I was working -- they got a little "special sauce" in their hamburger.......

Rainbow Vomit

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.