Jack The Ripper identity confirmed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Jack The Ripper identity confirmed?
(09-09-2014 01:07 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 01:01 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I'm sorry but no. Peer review does not determine evidence. Peer review is merely for assurance. Logic and reason determines evidence and sorts out fraud.

Thing is you can make anything sound logical and reasonable, that doesn't make it true.

Does god sound logical and reasonable to you? I think that logic and reason are necessarily tied to truth. What is truth? Truth is that which comports to reality. So no. You can't logic anything. At least not when using a solid definition as I have.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 01:49 PM by JDog554.)
(09-09-2014 01:35 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 01:07 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Thing is you can make anything sound logical and reasonable, that doesn't make it true.

Does god sound logical and reasonable to you? I think that logic and reason are necessarily tied to truth. What is truth? Truth is that which comports to reality. So no. You can't logic anything. At least not when using a solid definition as I have.

No but to millions of other people it does. I could come out and say something like Bigfoot exists. It's logical that evolution could have created a mix of Gorilla and Human and it's reasonable that such an animal could exist. That doesn't mean Bigfoot exists, does it? I could say I had hair of the creature and because my argument is reasonable and logical it has to be confirmed by your standards? No, describing it to sound logical and reasonable wouldn't make it true. With peer review it eliminates any doubt or finds holes or mistakes in the claim and confirms it to be false or helps give credit to the claim. Others could investigate my claim and find reasons why Big foot cannot exist, like my hair sample is from a known creature or something along those lines. There is a reason peer review is a staple in science and why they do not just accept things because it sounds logical or reasonable.

Edit: Logic means "a proper or reasonable way of thinking about or understanding something". It doesn't have to be true, it just has to "make sense". Something can sound logical but be false.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Why the fuck do I bother? JDog, you're not even reading my posts.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
09-09-2014, 01:57 PM
(09-09-2014 01:50 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Why the fuck do I bother? JDog, you're not even reading my posts.

I am reading your posts

Quote:I think that logic and reason are necessarily tied to truth. So no. You can't logic anything. At least not when using a solid definition as I have.

Just because you think it doesn't mean it applies. Definition I gave is a dictionary definition that is accepted, not one I "thought" of so mine is more solid and it shows your wrong.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Fair enough.