Jail or Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2011, 01:17 AM
RE: Jail or Jesus?
(27-09-2011 02:23 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  From HLN (Dutch)

Petty criminals in Alabama can now choose between 2 evils: go to jail or surrender to Jesus. The local pastors came up with the idea because according to them 'crime is caused by the neglect of family values and morality'.

The ACLU has already pointed out that this is completely unconstitutional, but to no avail. The program is up and running.

'Show me someone that has discovered the love of Jesus, and I'll show you someone who doesn't present a problem to society' a local pastor says.

So, what do you guys think of this? My eyes popped out of their sockets and the vein on my forehead snapped...

note: quotes are translated to the best of my abilities

edit: typo
Why not go for broke and make the paedophile priests probation officers for the younger crims?Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Put me in jail. At least in jail they give you food and you have access to the internet and a library full of knowledge. In church they pass around a plate asking you for money and the only book is a collection of ancient myths.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-09-2011, 02:42 PM
The county/municipality that these jails are in should be losing their government funding for this. As far as I know...we still have seperation of church and state, right??

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
28-09-2011, 04:16 PM
If true, someone's going to get sued. Whether the principality or by the outcome of such a choice.

I choose jail.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?