James Gandolfini dead at 51

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 11:33 PM
James Gandolfini dead at 51
Heart attack while on vacation in Italy. Great actor and a good man. RIP Tony Soprano.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: James Gandolfini dead at 51
I saw that - but I heard it was a sudden massive stroke. Poor guy - only 51.

I just might be the only person in the US who has only seen the first 15 minutes of the Sopranos first episode and the last 15 minutes of the last episode. I saw nothing in between.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
20-06-2013, 01:41 AM
(20-06-2013 12:54 AM)kim Wrote:  I just might be the only person in the US who has only seen the first 15 minutes of the Sopranos first episode and the last 15 minutes of the last episode. I saw nothing in between.

Why would you even do that?

OT: Yeah, damn, great way to wake up. Always liked it when he showed up in bit-parts, like recently in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. Something tells me that movie (though kinda funny) is going to be more succesfull now than it should.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
20-06-2013, 01:55 AM
(20-06-2013 01:41 AM)Caveman Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 12:54 AM)kim Wrote:  I just might be the only person in the US who has only seen the first 15 minutes of the Sopranos first episode and the last 15 minutes of the last episode. I saw nothing in between.

Why would you even do that?
Ha - A friend lent me the first season dvd and I watched it right up until the first guys got knocked off - 2 Czech gangsters, as I recall. That was about 15 minutes in and then, I had something to do which distracted me and never got back to it. My friend soon wanted his dvd back. Then, years later when the show was folding, my same friend said hey check this out... he showed me the video of the last 15 minutes of the show - Tony and family met at some diner.

Probably helps to know that I don't have television. Shy

(20-06-2013 01:41 AM)Caveman Wrote:  OT: Yeah, damn, great way to wake up. Always liked it when he showed up in bit-parts, like recently in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. Something tells me that movie (though kinda funny) is going to be more succesfull now than it should.

Oh - I loved The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - it was charming and absurd.
Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
20-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah, i enjoyed the Sopranos. i didn't have tv at the time it aired, I was in college and rented all the DVDs and watched them while I was at work (I was a security guard).

I didn't see him in much else.

But yeah, a shame, being only 51 and all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Whaaaaaa?!

This has put a downer on my day.

[Image: opforum1.png]
20-06-2013, 03:24 PM
but he was a made man! Angry

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 2 users Like cbb2274's post
20-06-2013, 04:07 PM
(20-06-2013 03:24 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  but he was a made man! Angry

his uncle did it Angry

20-06-2013, 06:13 PM
(20-06-2013 04:07 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 03:24 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  but he was a made man! Angry

his uncle did it Angry

He was a real stand-up guy. Get one of the guys from Junior's crew and bring 'im over here. We gotta put the heat on 'em.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 1 user Likes cbb2274's post
20-06-2013, 06:44 PM
That sucks...

Me and my old high school buddy would rip episodes of seasons 1/2 off DVDs (back when that was really freaking hard to do)...and I admit that once I bought a cigar and burned the theme song onto a CD to drive down the Turnpike.

...and ohh man the pine barrens episode...or the one when Christopher's woman rats...

Show went to long and got stale, but it was the best thing on TV for years.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user