James, Jesus' brother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 07:22 AM
RE: James, Jesus' brother
(17-05-2015 07:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's been shot to hell.
Mark uses EXTERNAL sources. You really should read his posts before trying to talk about them.

I've already had this discussion when I first joined this forum. We went over all this in detail at the time, going over his supposed external sources, which are very limited. I don't really feel like repeating this with him. But anyone inclined to believe his story, should question what evidence he basis this on, on whether they support his conclusion or not. He creates quite elaborate narrative, on a scant few sources, with none of them particularly supporting his conclusions.

You think we have a wealth of external sources regarding the disputes between Paul and James? How many from a non-christian perspective?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 07:26 AM
(17-05-2015 07:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 07:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's been shot to hell.
Mark uses EXTERNAL sources. You really should read his posts before trying to talk about them.

I've already had this discussion when I first joined this forum. We went over all this in detail at the time, going over his supposed external sources, which are very limited. I don't really feel like repeating this with him. But anyone inclined to believe his story, should question what evidence he basis this on, on whether they support his conclusion or not. He creates quite elaborate narrative, on a scant few sources, with none of them particularly supporting his conclusions.

You think we have a wealth of external sources regarding the disputes between Paul and James? How many from a non-christian perspective?

Link to that discussion.
I never said we had a "wealth" of anything, ... liar.
ANYTHING is better than the lies and propaganda in Acts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-05-2015, 07:39 AM
(17-05-2015 07:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Link to that discussion.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid674243

There's several back and forth posts between me and Mark, going over all this.

(17-05-2015 07:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said we had a "wealth" of anything, ... liar.

And you're a coward.

So what is it? Do we have very little to no resources documenting the dispute between Paul and James beyond what's written in Acts and the Epistles?
17-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Sounds like Paul had a secret gay crush on James brother Yeshua, so he created a comic book-esque narrative detailing his mythical awesomeness.

No doubt that buried deep in the Vatican vaults you'd find Paul's extended passages describing Jesus' rippling arms and tight buttox.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-05-2015, 05:20 PM
(17-05-2015 05:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Sounds like Paul had a secret gay crush on James brother Yeshua, so he created a comic book-esque narrative detailing his mythical awesomeness.

No doubt that buried deep in the Vatican vaults you'd find Paul's extended passages describing Jesus' rippling arms and tight buttox.

Well actually it's not buried that deeply. Bishop John Shelby Spong (retired Episcopal Bishop of New Jersey), wrote a book called "Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism" , in which he promotes his theory that Paul's self-loathing was due to the fact that he could not come to terms with his sexuality, (ie his famous "thorn in his flesh").

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Yea them church fellers have always had a hard time dealing with their latent homosexual thoughts. That's why the local pastors always seems to be getting caught sucking off a male prostitute, or why those priests have such a difficult time keeping their hands off the little alter boys.
17-05-2015, 08:59 PM
I think you're all a little confused. I'm quite sure Jesus' brothers name was Bob. Cool

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-05-2015, 09:25 PM
So, Mark.

Where does this James character appear outside of the holy horseshit?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
17-05-2015, 09:30 PM
(17-05-2015 08:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I think you're all a little confused. I'm quite sure Jesus' brothers name was Bob. Cool

Jesus has sisters. He never told us he has any brothers. I've met them. They're hilarious. Jesus is on vacation 'till after Memorial Day.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-05-2015, 11:18 PM
My iPad crashes every time I try to link a YouTube vid. I'm sure Girly will be by shortly to clean up after me though. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.