James Randi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2010, 05:29 PM

James Randi
Since James Randi just finished his north Europe tour yesterday with a great two hour lecture here in Iceland i thought it would be fitting to start a tribute thread to this great man, one of the fathers of modern skepticism. So, if you have any interesting stories, videos or anything about this great man, post it here.

I'd like to post a couple of things, the first being a link to the James Randi Educational Foundation: http://www.randi.org/site/

The second thing i want to point out is the jref youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesRandiFoundation

And thirdly, a video of one of the best thing i feel he's done: debunked the psychic surgeons who loads of people believed could actually heal you of things such as cancers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxMGxz6-oTs
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2010, 01:19 PM
RE: James Randi
Ah, James Randi. One of my personal heroes.

A toast! Homeopathic brandy for everyone!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
27-06-2010, 03:31 AM

hehe, here's a good sketch on homeopathy from That Mitchell and Webb look (british comedy).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOAVCE_Z...re=related

Anyway, if you ever get a chance to go to a lecture with James Randi, do it, it's well worth it. I even showed up an hour and a half in advance just to be sure that i'd get a seat Tongue
02-07-2010, 03:23 AM

The James Randi has an international reputation as a magician and escape artist. This time he is a best known as the world's most tireless investigator of paranormal claims.He is received numerous awards.
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
i love the videos of randi exposing so claimed psycics and people who claim to have supernatural powers.Smile hes a genious
i like magick tricks and illusionists but only them who stick to reality and dont claim they have supernatural powers. but usually if you say you have supernatural powers people are more interested in your act and its good for career.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2010, 07:25 AM

I have to say, I m really surprised. I told my friend immediately, she said it was not at all. I think that is mostly because he left his age that makes it amazing.
08-07-2010, 12:30 AM

Woo i will surely post this information on my site.
Regards
12-07-2010, 11:15 PM

I have read James Randi's book The Faith Healers. Another part of my interest in reading it was discovering things I didn't know. The amazing James Randi has spent a good part of his life debunking psychics and faith healers. The Faith Healers was an engaging, fascinating read, almost like a conversation with someone you know. It met my expectations in many ways.
27-07-2010, 04:10 AM

Hey ianspencer, I also have read some of the books of him. And I just came to know that Randi has pursued "psychic" spoonbenders, exposed the dirty tricks of faith healers, investigated homeopathic water "with a memory". And I also want to say that he has received numerous awards and recognitions through out his life.
27-07-2010, 07:35 AM

I going to get some definitions first. I prefer to call recall because the magic would be to control nature through magic and spells, and I tried magic and spells. This is not working. You use tricks, you see. So juggling is to approximate the effects of which would be a magical miracle of some type.