Jan. 2018 US Federal Government Shutdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2018, 06:00 PM
RE: Jan. 2018 US Federal Government Shutdown
(21-01-2018 05:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  On a different note that's somewhat bipartisan, Senator Graham ® is saying every time they try to negotiate on immigration, Trump's Stephen Miller is making it impossible to reach a solution by yanking back the proposals.

Quote:"Every time we have a proposal it is only yanked back by staff members. As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we're going nowhere," Graham told reporters as he headed into a closed-door negotiation with a bipartisan group of senators.

He added that "the White House staff, I think, is making it very difficult."

Stephen Miller is the ultra right.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-01-2018, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2018 12:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-01-2018 10:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Democrats: We refuse to sign a budget bill unless it includes a DACA fix.

LDH - You don't need to keep proving to us you're a racist piece of human garbage, we got that already.

Deserves a repost.

[Image: tDclZ6S.png]

Republicans - Thinking that offering a Sophie's choice between who gets screwed over more somehow makes them the good guys. Just imagine, if you can, how far up your own ass your head needs to be lodged for this upside down bullshit to seem reasonable.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2018, 08:25 AM
What's maddening about this is 70% of Americans support DACA. This should be a relatively easy fix... you know, if the people in congress represented the people who voted for them. It's similar to "common sense" gun laws and the NRA. An even larger majority wants that, but less than 50% in congress want it.

The GOP Shutdown is on the GOP. It's not even a hard compromise. It's one that would probably make them more popular, except in their right wing extremist primaries.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-01-2018, 08:54 AM
He changed the voicemail. The changed the bloody voicemail to deflect blame off himself.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42766159

"Unfortunately, we cannot answer your call today because Congressional Democrats are holding government funding - including funding for our troops and other national security priorities - hostage to an unrelated immigration debate"

Urgh.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
22-01-2018, 09:02 AM
He is such a JACKASS

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: dickens_1807527a.jpg]
22-01-2018, 10:25 AM
So, when The White House is called on the phone, a voice message states that because of the democrats alone, the government has been shut down.

Seriously.
Try it. 202-456-1414 or 202-456-1111... etc.

No infighting there. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Every time I hear the DACA people referred to as "illegal immigrants" I ask myself, "At what point do the babies/toddlers tell mom and dad 'OK, give me some money, I'm going home as I'm going to stop breaking the law, .... and be sure there's enough for a few diaper changes and formula". Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-01-2018, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2018 11:32 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(22-01-2018 10:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Every time I hear the DACA people referred to as "illegal immigrants" I ask myself, "At what point do the babies/toddlers tell mom and dad 'OK, give me some money, I'm going home as I'm going to stop breaking the law, .... and be sure there's enough for a few diaper changes and formula". Facepalm

Just remember folks.

Republicans hold that corporations, churches, and fetuses are 'people' who deserve protection.

But children, women, veterans, college students, and literally everyone one else who isn't a Super PAC or donor? FUCK EM'!

[Image: george-carlin-conservatives-soldiers-660x330.jpg]

One of these days LDH is going to face the harsh truth that even if he were on fire, not a single elected Republican would even piss on him to douse the flames. That day is not today, but I hope I'm there to see it when it happens.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2018, 12:06 PM
(22-01-2018 10:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Every time I hear the DACA people referred to as "illegal immigrants" I ask myself, "At what point do the babies/toddlers tell mom and dad 'OK, give me some money, I'm going home as I'm going to stop breaking the law, .... and be sure there's enough for a few diaper changes and formula". Facepalm

Technically, they're not immigrants at all (they were "Born in the USA"), so how can they be illegal immigrants?
22-01-2018, 12:12 PM

Yabut if we don't deport them, the'll mostly vote for Democrats. So, they're the worst kind of people.

Given the amount of ratfucking the GOP is involved in, this has to be a significant factor in their decisions. Again, most of the country wants a DACA program, but the GOP legislature does not.