"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 11:17 AM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(26-09-2013 10:10 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm just sayin here.....why the hell do you guys hate PJ so much?? I'm not gonna go running through all his posts searching for nasty shit he's said, but it must be some pretty awful shit. Ya ya, theism is awful shit, blablabla.

Who mentioned hate? I don't hate anyone... but I have zero tolerance for dishonesty and deception.

Gimme a break Phil. This kind of arguing is below you. You know damn well exactly what I am talking about. Sorry I didn't use your preferred words. Replace "hate" with whatever it is that you feel towards PJ that makes you talk to him the way you do.

Quote:You admit that this thread is your first encounter with PJ; plus you also admit that you didn't even read this thread.

Um, no. I've read this entire thread. Not sure how you got that confused, but I apologize for being unclear.

THIS thread is my first encounter with PJ that I can use to form an opinion of him, since it is the first thread involving him that I've read in it's entirety.

Quote:Therefore, you know nothing about him,
Except for what I've seen for myself in this thread
Quote: yet you gave him a positive rating and accused others (including me) of hating him.
Not sure what one has to do with the other. I gave him a positive rep. I'll give mine to whom I wish, you do the same. As for the horrendous accusation...well, see above.
Quote:How's that reasonable?
Are we getting anywhere with this?

Quote:
(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  NEWS FLASH: PleaseJesus is religious!
That means if you're gonna talk theism, you're gonna disagree. STRONGLY. But has anyone actually engaged this guy elsewhere? I mean, in a discussion NOT about theism? Because you are treating him like he is a bad person. And from what I can tell, based on the evidence (how KingsChosen is treated on this forum), most people here don't consider being a theist the determining factor of whether someone's a good person or a nasty fuck.

You just answered your own question. Drinking Beverage
Is this your big Gotcha-Line? Drinking Beverage

Quote:
(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Then again, maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

In this case, you don't. Dodgy
[/quote]
I hope you don't mind if I seek a second opinion.

I like you Phil. Really. That's why I hope you take this the way it is lovingly intended: stick the condescending bullshit where the sun don't shine.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 12:10 PM

(26-09-2013 11:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 10:10 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  Who mentioned hate? I don't hate anyone... but I have zero tolerance for dishonesty and deception.

Gimme a break Phil. This kind of arguing is below you. You know damn well exactly what I am talking about. Sorry I didn't use your preferred words. Replace "hate" with whatever it is that you feel towards PJ that makes you talk to him the way you do.

No, I don't know what you're talking about (nor do I see the need for passive-aggressive remarks like "my preferred words"). I also don't see how you're supposed to know what I feel towards PJ, or anyone else - atheists usually don't believe in mind reading as far as I know. And finally, I don't see why you defend PJ in spite of what many reputable members of this forum say to him and about him. That should at least motivate you to investigate the matter before making hasty judgements, wouldn't you agree?

You never said what objections you have to the way I talk to PJ. I, on the other hand, could easily object to a thread about self-confidence issues of a troll on the "Atheism and Theism" subforum (especially since we have a personal issues subforum). But you don't seem to be having a problem with that - suddenly the way I talk matters on this forum, where there is no censorship of vocabulary. I'm sorry I don't see any sense in this.

Quote:You just answered your own question. Drinking Beverage
Is this your big Gotcha-Line? Drinking Beverage

I see that passive-aggressive bullshitting is your strong side too. Now I'm starting to understand why you like PJ. Consider

Quote:
(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Then again, maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
In this case, you don't. Dodgy
I hope you don't mind if I seek a second opinion.

Not at all. I just don't think many will agree with you though. If you read a little around the forum you're supposed to be administering, you'd see why.

(26-09-2013 11:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I like you Phil. Really. That's why I hope you take this the way it is lovingly intended: stick the condescending bullshit where the sun don't shine.

Look! A pot is calling a kettle black. Drinking Beverage

Seriously, man, you sound like PJ's sock puppet. Or vice versa.
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Wow Phil. You seem to have assumed I was addressing you directly. The vitriol expressed towards PJ is clear in many posts throughout the thread. You obviously feel you, at some point expressed a similar sentiment, since you assume my post was addressing you in the first place.

Guilty conscience? You see me calling people out for jumping into a thread to bully someone and you think it's directed at you. Very telling.

As for your babble about censorship, and the way you talk matters? Um, what are you talking about?

I admin the forum. I do not police it. If that's what you want, go elsewhere. I will say what I want, and I'll let you, PJ, and anyone else say what they want too. So your censorship can go right next to the condescension.

Sideways.

26-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Stark

People have treated PJ with the same level of respect he has afforded them. How each presents that disrespect differs. PJ uses passive-aggressive religious posts to get under people's skin, and they in turn insult him in a not so passive aggressive manner.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
26-09-2013, 12:30 PM
So you neg rep me for not reading a thread that I already explained I had, indeed read. Irony much?

Punk move. I'm out.

26-09-2013, 12:31 PM
(26-09-2013 12:30 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So you neg rep me for not reading a thread that I already explained I had, indeed read. Irony much?

Punk move. I'm out.

I think he was trying to say that the issue is primarily within other threads.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 12:35 PM
(26-09-2013 12:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Stark

People have treated PJ with the same level of respect he has afforded them. How each presents that disrespect differs. PJ uses passive-aggressive religious posts to get under people's skin, and they in turn insult him in a not so passive aggressive manner.

Thanks for actually trying to explain.

I'm gonna continue to reflect the same level of respect that PJ has shown me. Here's hoping that in a different setting, we can maintain that mutual respect. (which is what I asked about in the first place, to be clear. I wanted to know if anyone had engaged PJ outside the atheist/theist debate arena)

26-09-2013, 12:39 PM
(26-09-2013 12:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Stark

Thanks for actually trying to explain.

I'm gonna continue to reflect the same level of respect that PJ has shown me. Here's hoping that in a different setting, we can maintain that mutual respect. (which is what I asked about in the first place, to be clear. I wanted to know if anyone had engaged PJ outside the atheist/theist debate arena)

It's the only area he has ever engaged anyone else in.

I've tried to engage relating to science, and all I got back was ignoring and more biblical quotes. He isn't interested in coming here for general community, he only seems interested in proselytizing. How many people here are likely to take kindly to being proselytized to on a site for being non-religious if not anti-religious?

KC is viewed differently because he clearly isn't trying to convert anyone or use the bible as a crutch for conversation. He and PJ are not cut from the same religious cloth.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 12:43 PM
That's cool with me too. I invited PJ to discussion outside this section. If that ain't his bag, I'm ok with that. We just won't get to know one another is all. Guess I'm like you Beardy, except my olive branch is being extended from the food section instead of the science section. Smells better over here.

26-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Maybe you guys should take this argument off of the personal level that it is on now ?
I promise you it will work.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's