"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
the neg reps are just flying all over the place today. Lord forbid anyone disagree with someone.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Damnit I'm blind! Someone please help me navigate out of this thread!!!

[Image: searching-blindfolded-man.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
26-09-2013, 12:58 PM

(26-09-2013 12:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  As for your babble about censorship, and the way you talk matters? Um, what are you talking about?

I was expressing my lack of understanding of what you are calling me out for.

(26-09-2013 12:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I admin the forum. I do not police it. If that's what you want, go elsewhere. I will say what I want, and I'll let you, PJ, and anyone else say what they want too. So your censorship can go right next to the condescension.

Sideways.

Then what the fuck are you complaining about?! This whole argument between us was about how I talk to PJ. So, do you support complete free speech or not? Can't you see that you're contradicting yourself? Maybe you'd see if you weren't so blinded by vitriol, which you ironically accuse me of. Telling me to shove whatever where the sun doesn't shine is tragically, laughably unprofessional from you. I don't know what your problem is, but you're embarrassing yourself, and since you're an administrator, you're embarrassing this entire forum along with yourself. First you jump into a conversation like you just fell from Mars, hastily taking sides, and you conclude your post with something like "Or maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about..." So to answer your remark, no, I don't expect censorship (I don't know what made you think I'm in favor of it), but I expect order and professionalism. Which are traits that you apparently don't have.

And the same goes for your buddy TBD, who just gave you a positive rating explicitly stating that he did so in order to cancel mine out, completely ignoring the fact that it's a direct, public insult towards me, because it suggests that my opinion is irrelevant and/or should be opposed. Therefore, my objection to unprofessionalism applies to him as well.

And if you people can publicly insult me, then you won't mind my remark about your unprofessional leadership of this forum. I expect you to take it as constructive criticism, not something that one shoves up his/her rectum.

I'm deeply disappointed.
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 01:02 PM

(26-09-2013 12:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  the neg reps are just flying all over the place today. Lord forbid anyone disagree with someone.

Says someone who just gave me a -3 out of spite. Drinking Beverage

I would be willing to revoke the negreps I've given if -3 disappears from my profile, but considering what I've seen so far, I don't think such a good will exists here and now.
26-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I suppose it's starting to make sense now.

Phil, you need to understand something. This entire time, you have been speaking with a forum member, not a forum admin. My opinions are mine, and since I do support freedom of speech, I WILL express them.

So I'm sure you can figure out where to place your expectation of professionalism and order.

There is one thing I am sure we will both agree on. This forum is led by greater minds than mine. So no. I don't mind your "constructive criticism" of my leadership in the slightest.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-09-2013, 01:12 PM
(26-09-2013 01:02 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  the neg reps are just flying all over the place today. Lord forbid anyone disagree with someone.

I would be willing to revoke the negreps I've given if -3 disappears from my profile, but considering what I've seen so far, I don't think such a good will exists here and now.

Here, I'll break down the neg reps I gave if you like

-1 for a bad rep of Stark
-1 for the retaliatory rep because I gave Stark positive rep
-1 for taking offense to criticism and responding like a child

I'd have put that in my rating but I ran out of space.

I don't old ill will towards you, but I don't find the way you have responded to be admirable.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 01:14 PM
(26-09-2013 01:02 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  

Beardy will take them back Phil. He's a good dude, and you pissed him off by being nasty, but he's way too nice to leave those there. Nicer than you and I put together I suspect.

As for good will......trust me. You really would be surprised at what I let roll off my back. I am abrasive and very unemotional. I make people say nasty shit to me ALL the time. Plenty of good will.

....but you're still acting like a prick. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-09-2013, 01:23 PM

I understand. I will demonstrate good will and remove all negreps I've given. I believe that would be fair on my part.

EDIT: Thanks for responding in kind.
26-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Group Hug!

too soon?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-09-2013, 01:51 PM

(26-09-2013 01:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Group Hug!

too soon?

No, I don't think it's too soon. In fact, things ended up a lot better than it looked like they would. I was certain that I would be banned today.

It's all settled from my perspective. It remains for me to apologize if some of my remarks were offensive - it happened in the heat of the moment. I think many of us can learn from this experience, myself included.