"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(26-09-2013 12:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thanks for actually trying to explain.

I'm gonna continue to reflect the same level of respect that PJ has shown me. Here's hoping that in a different setting, we can maintain that mutual respect. (which is what I asked about in the first place, to be clear. I wanted to know if anyone had engaged PJ outside the atheist/theist debate arena)

It's the only area he has ever engaged anyone else in.

I've tried to engage relating to science, and all I got back was ignoring and more biblical quotes. He isn't interested in coming here for general community, he only seems interested in proselytizing. How many people here are likely to take kindly to being proselytized to on a site for being non-religious if not anti-religious?

KC is viewed differently because he clearly isn't trying to convert anyone or use the bible as a crutch for conversation. He and PJ are not cut from the same religious cloth.

TBD:

That is utterly untrue. Just today I posted about catastrophic liquification in the wake of earthquake activity. I think I barely use the Bible at all and am constantly appealing to logic, questions and science. I think you're just uptight that once in a while I quote the scriptures to oppose a misquote from another or to expound on my worldview as in "why do you believe that, PJ?"

The rest of your post is uninformed. I have PMs from others here and am civil to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 02:02 PM
(26-09-2013 01:57 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's the only area he has ever engaged anyone else in.

I've tried to engage relating to science, and all I got back was ignoring and more biblical quotes. He isn't interested in coming here for general community, he only seems interested in proselytizing. How many people here are likely to take kindly to being proselytized to on a site for being non-religious if not anti-religious?

KC is viewed differently because he clearly isn't trying to convert anyone or use the bible as a crutch for conversation. He and PJ are not cut from the same religious cloth.

TBD:

That is utterly untrue. Just today I posted about catastrophic liquification in the wake of earthquake activity. I think I barely use the Bible at all and am constantly appealing to logic, questions and science. I think you're just uptight that once in a while I quote the scriptures to oppose a misquote from another or to expound on my worldview as in "why do you believe that, PJ?"

The rest of your post is uninformed. I have PMs from others here and am civil to them.

Didn't say you weren't civil to anyone PJ. But you throw your bible around whenever you feel contradicted and expect people to respect it as a valid source of information. Sorry, not the way some of us view it on an atheist forum.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 02:07 PM
The "Run the Gauntlet" thread comes to mind PJ for how you handle being disagreed with.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Here is a good passive-aggressive first response from you to a statement I made.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid260444

—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 02:10 PM
(26-09-2013 01:51 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  I was certain that I would be banned today.
Nah you'd never get banned for that shit... you gotta be pretty fucken special...
26-09-2013, 02:10 PM
That whole thread was an exercise in intellectual dishonesty

—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 02:14 PM
(26-09-2013 02:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 01:51 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  I was certain that I would be banned today.
Nah you'd never get banned for that shit... you gotta be pretty fucken special...
Banned for disagreeing with me?? I thought that was encouraged around here. Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-09-2013, 02:15 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid260741

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid261298

That thread is a goldmine for how you duck, dodge, dip, dive, and dodge all criticisms in an intellectually dishonest argument.

This is why people troll you right back.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 02:19 PM
(26-09-2013 02:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid260741

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid261298

That thread is a goldmine for how you duck, dodge, dip, dive, and dodge all criticisms in an intellectually dishonest argument.

This is why people troll you right back.

Oh geeze, I actually remember that one. It's one of the reasons I was surprised to see PJ when I came back... Blink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-09-2013, 02:24 PM
(26-09-2013 02:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 02:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  Nah you'd never get banned for that shit... you gotta be pretty fucken special...
Banned for disagreeing with me?? I thought that was encouraged around here. Consider

Shhhhh! I want it to be a surprise Big Grin One day he'll just wake up and log on and BAM, the hammer will have fallen... I wanna hack his webcam so I can capture his face to use in funny gifs... so don't give away the masterplan... In fact, I'll send you gifs if you'll be in league with me.