"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(26-09-2013 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 02:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Banned for disagreeing with me?? I thought that was encouraged around here. Consider

Shhhhh! I want it to be a surprise Big Grin One day he'll just wake up and log on and BAM, the hammer will have fallen... I wanna hack his webcam so I can capture his face to use in funny gifs... so don't give away the masterplan... In fact, I'll send you gifs if you'll be in league with me.

Going from another post you made, are you sure your internet is good enough for webcam use? Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
26-09-2013, 02:46 PM
(26-09-2013 02:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That whole thread was an exercise in intellectual dishonesty

I clicked on your link and came up to my post:

"Aseptic, you are a very, very discerning person. So why did I do this thread? Your second-to-last paragraph is rather close to what I'm driving at, and you're almost there! Keep thinking..."

Yes, I should be banned soon. I agree.

As for intellectual dishonesty, you can call it omniscient dishonesty. I KNEW no one would be able to prove they existed online, and called you to the mat for asking Christians to prove God exists online. Remember? Yes? No?
26-09-2013, 02:49 PM
(26-09-2013 02:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 02:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That whole thread was an exercise in intellectual dishonesty

"Aseptic, you are a very, very discerning person. So why did I do this thread? Your second-to-last paragraph is rather close to what I'm driving at, and you're almost there! Keep thinking..."

As for intellectual dishonesty, you can call it omniscient dishonesty. I KNEW no one would be able to prove they existed online, and called you to the mat for asking Christians to prove God exists online. Remember? Yes? No?

The strawman of asking christians to prove god online is part of the dishonesty. We are quite literally asking for any proof. Your whole premise was "prove you exist and I'll prove god exists" and it was a completely dishonest thread from the start.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
26-09-2013, 02:52 PM

Why should you be banned? We have strict criteria for that. Unless I missed something you do not meet that mark. I for one do not want people banned because we do not agree.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-09-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 03:34 PM by Slowminded.)

Did it ever occur to you that asking somebody to prove that they exist is evidence enough that they do exist, at least from your perspective ? If they didn't exist, who are u asking? For you to be able to ask me to prove my existence , you have to acknowledge my existence in the first place.

There you go. I proved it.

Your turn.

As I can guess where u gonna try to go with this, I have to remind you that atheist don't ask god to prove his existence to us , we ask believers to prove his existence.

Providing PJ delivers on his promise of proving god, derailing one thread is no biggie?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-09-2013, 03:42 PM
PJ we're plenty able to prove we exist.

It's the proving it *to you* that is impossible. And I'm OK with that.

The difference between this and Christians being asked to prove (or even supply a tiny bit of evidence for) God, is that we don't give a shit if you don't believe we exist, whereas you seem to have some kinda major problem if we don't believe God exists. If you *want* us to believe in God, it's up to you to convince us. That's where the "Oh yeah, prove it" comes in.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
26-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Not that chestnut..."prove you exist". Well, someone seems to be on the other side of the Internet, typing messages, and claiming to be the person in question. That is much more than we ever get from any gods. If some god started communicating with me (other than in my head, I might just be having an episode), at least I'd have something to build upon. As it stands, the only evidence we have that any gods existed is the words of other human beings.
26-09-2013, 04:04 PM
This thread reminds me of a saying I used to hear when I was a teacher:
“Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…
To borrow from Daniel Dennett, religion is a brilliantly constructed con developed by very clever people. It makes ridiculous knowledge claims without supporting evidence, commands unconditional adherence to them, and then says that to question these tenets is not allowed. The bible calls wisdom foolishness and skepticism sinful. The last thing Jesus supposedly commanded before ascending to heaven is to spread this fallacious nonsense to “all the world.”
Christians are taught from early Sunday school lessons through adulthood that they can expect their efforts to be met with mockery and derision by this fallen world, which is controlled by Satan. Genius!. In the messed up Christian worldview, negative attention = positive reinforcement.
The church attracts a certain masochistic type of person who relishes negative reinforcement. The individual who began this thread seems to be one of those, and Phil comes closest to the underlying issue here. I identify with his puzzlement as to why some people stir controversy, and can only assume that PJ doesn’t get enough negative attention in his daily life—so he logs onto a clearly non-religious forum and uses language in his posts that is designed to draw attacks from “the gang” as he puts it. To respond to him only reinforces his pathology. It also stirs up hostility among the community, as we have seen here. I, for one, am tired of feeding the neuroses of the sick and twisted by giving them attention.
Cool
[+] 8 users Like Chopdoc's post
26-09-2013, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 05:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  “Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…

^ This. I don't argue with PleaseBeJesus because they have not demonstrated the basic skills necessary for proper argumentation. No biggie. Those skills are easily acquired by anyone willing to pursue them. Not only wouldn't it be a fair fight between PleaseBeJesus and MyOwnPersonalJesus, it wouldn't be a fight at all. And somebody's gonna get hurt and it ain't gonna be Girly. PleaseBeJesus needs a lot more training before I will even enter the dohyō with them. And they need to learn to follow the fundamental message of The Word: "Don't be a dick." ... As do some of the rest of us.

Girly'll give some love to PleaseForTheLoveOfGodBeJesus just 'cause it feels like they need it, not 'cause they've earned it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-09-2013, 05:11 PM
(26-09-2013 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  “Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…

^ This. I don't argue with PleaseBeJesus because they have not demonstrated the basic skills necessary for proper argumentation. No biggie. Those skills are easily acquired by anyone willing to pursue them. Not only wouldn't it be a fair fight between PleaseBeJesus and MyOwnPersonalJesus, it wouldn't be a fight at all. And somebody's gonna get hurt and it ain't gonna be Girly. PleaseBeJesus needs a lot more training before I will even enter the dohyō with them. And they need to learn to follow the fundamental message of The Word: "Don't be a dick." ... As do some of the rest of us.

Girly'll give some love to PleaseForTheLoveOfGodBeJesus just 'cause it feels like they need it, not 'cause they've earned it.
LOL! I've not seen that before. Classic!