"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(26-09-2013 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  “Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…

^ This. I don't argue with PleaseBeJesus because they have not demonstrated the basic skills necessary for proper argumentation. No biggie. Those skills are easily acquired by anyone willing to pursue them. Not only wouldn't it be a fair fight between PleaseBeJesus and MyOwnPersonalJesus, it wouldn't be a fight at all. And somebody's gonna get hurt and it ain't gonna be Girly. PleaseBeJesus needs a lot more training before I will even enter the dohyō with them. And they need to learn to follow the fundamental message of The Word: "Don't be a dick." ... As do some of the rest of us.

Girly'll give some love to PleaseForTheLoveOfGodBeJesus just 'cause it feels like they need it, not 'cause they've earned it.

Noted.

Blush

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 08:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-09-2013 02:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yes, I should be banned soon. I agree.

Yeah, suicide by cop don't happen here. Deal with it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-09-2013, 07:52 PM
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…

ad porcum.

Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
26-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Big Grin My mistake. I'm always mixing up my terms.
(26-09-2013 07:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…

ad porcum.

Thumbsup
26-09-2013, 09:30 PM
(26-09-2013 08:01 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  Big Grin My mistake. I'm always mixing up my terms.
(26-09-2013 07:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ad porcum.

Thumbsup

Oh, I don't blame you.

"Ad porcum" doesn't get the use it deserves.

... this is my signature!
26-09-2013, 10:14 PM
(26-09-2013 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  “Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…

^ This. I don't argue with PleaseBeJesus because they have not demonstrated the basic skills necessary for proper argumentation. No biggie. Those skills are easily acquired by anyone willing to pursue them. Not only wouldn't it be a fair fight between PleaseBeJesus and MyOwnPersonalJesus, it wouldn't be a fight at all. And somebody's gonna get hurt and it ain't gonna be Girly. PleaseBeJesus needs a lot more training before I will even enter the dohyō with them. And they need to learn to follow the fundamental message of The Word: "Don't be a dick." ... As do some of the rest of us.

Girly'll give some love to PleaseForTheLoveOfGodBeJesus just 'cause it feels like they need it, not 'cause they've earned it.

I always rather enjoyed the Street Fighter remix...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-09-2013, 10:24 AM
(26-09-2013 09:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "Ad porcum" doesn't get the use it deserves.

Sounds like a delivery order. "Yeah, I'd like a medium, regular crust, and could you
(26-09-2013 09:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "Ad porcum"

[Image: 2011-01-06_PulledPorkPizza.jpg]

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
27-09-2013, 11:06 AM
(26-09-2013 07:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 07:06 PM)Airyaman Wrote:  The word "truth" means different things to different people. Odd that, knowing the word. Theists often claim they know the truth, whether they be Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. yet their "truths" don't always agree. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I personally don't like to use the word "truth" when it comes to matters of religion, philosophy, or anything else that seemingly cannot be proven, because its then all a matter of opinion. What's "true" for you is not necessarily "true" for another.

Perhaps your beliefs are actually "true", but after thousands of years, there are a still large number of doubters. Your "truth" seems to be very hard to show.

Do you think truth is wholly facts and logic or may truth be felt or perceived otherwise?

Truth may be perceived intuitively, however it cannot be determined to be truth except by evidence and reason.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Re: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
Truth can be approached using reason, logic, and evidence but may never be perfectly known to be truth.

This is why I still love that quote by Gould where he says that "I suppose it might be possible for apples to start to rise tomorrow. But the idea does not warrant equal time in a physics classroom."

He is admitting that everything we know about gravity could very well be incorrect, but there is no evidence to support that and no evidence to support any opinion contrary to it. As such, it is as close to truth in practice as we may ever be able to achieve.

This was more a response to PJ than Chas by the way.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
27-09-2013, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 11:31 AM by Chas.)
(26-09-2013 01:51 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 01:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Group Hug!

too soon?

No, I don't think it's too soon. In fact, things ended up a lot better than it looked like they would. I was certain that I would be banned today.

It's all settled from my perspective. It remains for me to apologize if some of my remarks were offensive - it happened in the heat of the moment. I think many of us can learn from this experience, myself included.

Banned for that? Fuck, no.

I argue with the members of the forum team all the time. Drinking Beverage

They're lazy, misguided, good for nothing ideologues without the sense they were born with. Yes

And that goes for the past forum team members, too! Assholes, all of them. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post