"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(01-10-2013 02:28 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 04:04 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  This thread reminds me of a saying I used to hear when I was a teacher:
“Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” I apologize for the ad hominem toward pigs…
To borrow from Daniel Dennett, religion is a brilliantly constructed con developed by very clever people. It makes ridiculous knowledge claims without supporting evidence, commands unconditional adherence to them, and then says that to question these tenets is not allowed. The bible calls wisdom foolishness and skepticism sinful. The last thing Jesus supposedly commanded before ascending to heaven is to spread this fallacious nonsense to “all the world.”
Christians are taught from early Sunday school lessons through adulthood that they can expect their efforts to be met with mockery and derision by this fallen world, which is controlled by Satan. Genius!. In the messed up Christian worldview, negative attention = positive reinforcement.
The church attracts a certain masochistic type of person who relishes negative reinforcement. The individual who began this thread seems to be one of those, and Phil comes closest to the underlying issue here. I identify with his puzzlement as to why some people stir controversy, and can only assume that PJ doesn’t get enough negative attention in his daily life—so he logs onto a clearly non-religious forum and uses language in his posts that is designed to draw attacks from “the gang” as he puts it. To respond to him only reinforces his pathology. It also stirs up hostility among the community, as we have seen here. I, for one, am tired of feeding the neuroses of the sick and twisted by giving them attention.
Cool

True Christians:

*question and test everything, as the Bible tells them to do so

*ignore negativity and press on with a half-full glass

And, if you read this forum as much (little?) as I do you'd be asking whether all the freethinkers aren't the ones looking for negative responses...

Why say such things? What goals are you pursuing by being intentionally insulting? Are you attempting to convince me of Jesus' love with your arrogant tone? And why don't you address the issues I raised as to your seeking negative attention to reinforce your sense of victimization, instead of spouting self contradictory statements like questioning and testing everything (except biblical validity...)?

I wouldn't presume to speak for Girly, but I am certainly not afraid of you or your apparent self-delusion. I actually rather pity you. I just find it tedious to the point of exhaustion to try to engage in a discussion with someone who only wants to incite a verbal food fight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
^^ Don't think he was bein' intentionally insulting...

Oh wait I just read his response to Girly... Laughat ROFL.

Yeah PJ the only reason we don't engage with you is 'cos you're so damn logical it makes us nervous... maybe our fallacious arguments (only made to lead people astray so that they may worship our master, the Godlike but not-God Lucifer) will be exposed ! Ohmy
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
(02-10-2013 12:06 PM)Chopdoc Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 02:28 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  True Christians:

*question and test everything, as the Bible tells them to do so

*ignore negativity and press on with a half-full glass

And, if you read this forum as much (little?) as I do you'd be asking whether all the freethinkers aren't the ones looking for negative responses...

Why say such things? What goals are you pursuing by being intentionally insulting? Are you attempting to convince me of Jesus' love with your arrogant tone? And why don't you address the issues I raised as to your seeking negative attention to reinforce your sense of victimization, instead of spouting self contradictory statements like questioning and testing everything (except biblical validity...)?

I wouldn't presume to speak for Girly, but I am certainly not afraid of you or your apparent self-delusion. I actually rather pity you. I just find it tedious to the point of exhaustion to try to engage in a discussion with someone who only wants to incite a verbal food fight.

Hi Chopdoc,

When you are on an honest endeavor that you think is worth pursuing even if some negativity is garnered, do you appreciate someone saying "you're just in it for the negative attention..."? Of course you don't. So why would I "address the issue" if it isn't an issue, not really? I'm not here for negative attention. I'm here to learn and to be challenged in return.

Um, and doesn't the whole thread address that self-same issue? Why would I start a thread suggesting that freethinkers treat me with more compassion in their posts if I crave their negative attention? Please don't tell me I asked respectfully for positive attention assuming I'd receive negative attention because that would make freethinkers vicious people. I don't believe that at all...

I'm also stating that the Bible directs true Christians to test things--we could use the terms falsify and verify or even "trust and verify" if you wish.

I have observed Girlyman act with me and the others on the fringes of threads and I believe he is afraid to engage--he's entitled to do so because this isn't a debate forum but a place for people to share respectfully with others. I should have sent him a PM about this and not posted it publicly. I apologize to you both.
02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Still waiting on the proof Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
(02-10-2013 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Still waiting on the proof Drinking Beverage

And as promised over 150 pages of threads ago, still waiting on YOUR proof. Drinking Beverage

I told a pal yesterday about the thread, and that the atheists "proved" they existed by posting videos of themselves and by suggesting my asking meant I believed they existed, rather than my having a personal bout with solipsism. He laughed out loud. Bowing
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM
(02-10-2013 12:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Still waiting on the proof Drinking Beverage

And as promised over 150 pages of threads ago, still waiting on YOUR proof. Drinking Beverage

I told a pal yesterday about the thread, and that the atheists "proved" they existed by posting videos of themselves and by suggesting my asking meant I believed they existed, rather than my having a personal bout with solipsism. He laughed out loud. Bowing

You hold the power to prove god's existence to an atheist, and deny it. God going to be happy about you turning away someone asking for help finding him?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-10-2013, 01:30 PM
(02-10-2013 01:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 12:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And as promised over 150 pages of threads ago, still waiting on YOUR proof. Drinking Beverage

You hold the power to prove god's existence to an atheist, and deny it. God going to be happy about you turning away someone asking for help finding him?

Yo, god like, TOLD me not to tell y'all until you produce the real stuff. Sorry, dude. At least I'm not a Muslim, they are forbidden to preach to nonbelievers. At least you have the exceptional pleasure and edification of my proselytization efforts.

Or you can do what I asked, which is promise to never again harass Christians with your ridiculous "prove God exists, right freakin' now, with your next bodacious post, because I'm like, mildly interested" when you know you can't even prove YOU exist with the last 85 posts you've made. Is there a cool symbol I can use for 85 epic fails?

Having said all that, you've won me over with your superior science and logic. The
Earth is old and Evolution is true. Praise Cratheia!

--PJ the Poobrecito, persecuted since 1990 by atheists and their friends (and enemies)
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Can you prove god exists yet or not?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-10-2013, 01:38 PM
(02-10-2013 01:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Can you prove god exists yet or not?

Can you prove you exist, yet, and are not a long, slow, Poe? Can you prove that I exist? Can you prove that I am not adding to your solipsist paranoia and that even as you read this post of mine, dread, cold fingers creep across your back as twinges of your mortality (immortality) invade your very soul (mind, ratiocination)?

PS. If you say it's self-evident to you that you exist, and it is certainly self-evident to me that I exist, then isn't it true as most Christians say that YOU can prove God exists for yourself?

PPS. Don't you understand, therefore, that when atheists wine (I prefer the Bollinger '53, myself) about Christians proving to them that god exists that they sound, well, lazy? Haven't you heard:

*The Lord helps those who help themselves

*The ultimate high is within

*The greatest love of all, is there inside of me

*Do it until you can't do it no more

*The Kingdom of God is within you

Peace out.
02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
(02-10-2013 01:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 01:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Can you prove god exists yet or not?

Can you prove you exist, yet, and are not a long, slow, Poe? Can you prove that I exist? Can you prove that I am not adding to your solipsist paranoia and that even as you read this post of mine, dread, cold fingers creep across your back as twinges of your mortality (immortality) invade your very soul (mind, ratiocination)?

PS. If you say it's self-evident to you that you exist, and it is certainly self-evident to me that I exist, then isn't it true as most Christians say that YOU can prove God exists for yourself?

PPS. Don't you understand, therefore, that when atheists wine (I prefer the Bollinger '53, myself) about Christians proving to them that god exists that they sound, well, lazy? Haven't you heard:

*The Lord helps those who help themselves

*The ultimate high is within

*The greatest love of all, is there inside of me

*Do it until you can't do it no more

*The Kingdom of God is within you

Peace out.

Oh joy, word games! His god exists because people exist. Yep, because the burden of proof for an omni-max creator of the universe that exists outside of the universe is the same as what we need to believe in the existence of our neighbors...

Gag me with a spoon, same old broken record. Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]