"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 03:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

So what's the big deal? Take the course. It's free, it's from a top tier instructor at a top tier school and it's just about to start next Moday, and when you've completed it you can tell Chas he can wipe his ass with your statement of accomplishment. What's not to like? Tongue

Introduction to Logic.

(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

Empathy is an entirely different sorta understanding than reason. Even more important in my opinion, but it don't pay nearly as well.

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2013, 03:23 PM
(24-09-2013 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

So what's the big deal? Take the course. It's free, it's from a top tier instructor at a top tier school and it's just about to start next Moday, and when you've completed it you can tell Chas he can wipe his ass with your statement of accomplishment. What's not to like? Tongue

WTF, Girly? It wasn't me who told him "to take a community course in logic".

But if he does, I suspect the certificate will only be good for ass wiping.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-09-2013, 03:40 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  "But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17
I was going to post a reply to the rest of what you said, but then I read this which was apparently intended to provide a contrast. Do you actually believe this crap?

Peace loving? Gentle? Willing to yield to others? Mercy? Good deeds? Ohmy

Have you READ the Bible? Blink

No favoritism? Like men over women, heterosexuals over homosexuals, slave owners over slaves, people who give God continuous praise over people that don't? Nah, no favoritism there at all... Sadcryface

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
24-09-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 03:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-09-2013 03:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So what's the big deal? Take the course. It's free, it's from a top tier instructor at a top tier school and it's just about to start next Moday, and when you've completed it you can tell Chas he can wipe his ass with your statement of accomplishment. What's not to like? Tongue

WTF, Girly? It wasn't me who told him "to take a community course in logic".

Shit ... Consider ... that might've been me. Blush Well he can tell me to wipe my ass with his certificate.

(24-09-2013 03:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  But if he does, I suspect the certificate will only be good for ass wiping.

Not true. I've taken several excellent courses from Coursera ranging from Machine Learning to AI to Quantum Computing to Databases. All from top tier instructors at top tier Universities. They provide a free high quality education which require a significant effort to complete. You get the education, you just don't get the degree or College credits. There are some employers where a specific skillset is worth more than a College Degree and those employers would be foolish not to recognize these certificates.

I've signed up for this one next semester for work: Social Network Analysis and this one for fun: Søren Kierkegaard - Subjectivity, Irony and the Crisis of Modernity.

This is not my signature.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2013, 05:40 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  "But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17

This is probably the wrong time to mention that:

Quote:Prior to 200 CE there is no solid evidence of the literary use of James. In the Muratorian Canon (ca. 200) James is missing, just as in Tertullian, and Eusebius (HE 2.23, 24b, 25) reports of James: 'This is the story of James. He is supposed to be the author of the first of the so-called "Catholic Letters," but let it be noted that its authenticity is doubted, since not many of the Elders have referred either to it or the so-called "Letter of Jude," which likewise has been counted among the 'Catholic Letters.' Still, we are aware that these two letters, like the others, have been read aloud in most of the churches.' The Letter of James began to be generally accepted only after 200 CE, cited for the first time as Scripture in Origen (Select Ps 30.6 [PG 12.1300]). The canonical status of James continued to be disputed, however, and did not attain general acceptance as a canonical document until very late. This would be an extraordinary development if James had really been written by James the brother of the Lord and this had been known in early Christianity.

From Peter Kirby's Early Christian Writings web site.

Looks as if "James" is nothing but later concocted horseshit....like so much of it. If you can't even fool a noted church liar like Eusebius why bother?
24-09-2013, 06:37 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Jane usually began her reply with "Dan [Aykroyd], you pompous ass..."

AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

My observation is that I've now been told several hundred times by "the gang" that I'm stupid and ignorant and would understand the skeptic's perspective best if I came into the light of [modern] knowledge. Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

My $0.02. Flame retardant gear now worn.

"But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17

PJ - Here is the thing.

You don't care about the truth
You don't accept the observations and evidence that others have gathered when it doesn't match with what you believe.
When your idea of wisdom includes genocide, slavery and all the other horrid things that are attributed to your "loving" god, then you are being fed evil and told it is good and you don't care, as long as it fills you up inside.
Compassion, mercy, good deeds - You know the words. Please explain them to your god. He doesn't seem to get it.

Your $0.02 would seem to be the amount that you've paid for your education.
Here, let me give you a $100 dollar bill

[Image: fr2157dhundredslabbed.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
24-09-2013, 07:28 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

But - I have said as much and been ignored!!!!

You lack empathy. You are rude.You use abusive language. You don't show the last remnant of the "loving Christian"

I don't think you are much of a Christian, you are just some guy who enjoys conflict and being able to be abrasive.

Thankfully many Christians I have met are decent people. If you were the only Christian I knew, I would have a horrible impression of Christianity.

Go learn some manners and ask your god to give you some empathy. He apparently forgot to endow you with it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-09-2013, 08:00 PM
(24-09-2013 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Introduction to Logic.

Empathy is an entirely different sorta understanding than reason. Even more important in my opinion, but it don't pay nearly as well.

Watched the intro vid. I think I want to do this for the shits and giggles. Anyone else want to with me? Can't say no to free edumacation!
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
24-09-2013, 08:02 PM
(24-09-2013 08:00 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So what's the big deal? Take the course. It's free, it's from a top tier instructor at a top tier school and it's just about to start next Moday, and when you've completed it you can tell Chas he can wipe his ass with your statement of accomplishment. What's not to like? Tongue

Introduction to Logic.

Watched the intro vid. I think I want to do this for the shits and giggles. Anyone else want to with me? Can't say no to free edumacation!

I saw a few courses there that I was interested in signing up for.

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes darv's post
24-09-2013, 09:26 PM

So...when are you gonna start actually exemplifying this verse? Then again, that would be impossible, because there is no "wisdom from above" - it all comes from us, good or bad.

Bottom line, don't fart in our faces and tell us it's windy, PJ...you ain't no paragon of gentleness or mercy. So either grow a thicker skin or don't let the firewall hit your ass on the way out.
[+] 2 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post