"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(10-10-2013 02:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(09-10-2013 04:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  If it is that low, you should be able to convince me then, hmm ?

Oy. "If not a Christian..." because the standard is high. Empirical, falsifiable, testable. Your standard.

I look forward to some empirical, falsifiable, testable evidence of your God then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 04:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-10-2013 08:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 02:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Can you prove you exist WITHOUT philosophy? You ALWAYS insist that Christians give you physical, empirical evidence for metaphysic actions. Yet you cannot provide empirical proof of physical existence? Hmmm... Drinking Beverage

(09-10-2013 02:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What is your standard of proof? You write under a pseudonym, if you are really writing and if you exist. If your standard of proof is so low, you would have become a Theist or Muslim by now, if not a Christian... Big Grin

(09-10-2013 02:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If it is that low, you should be able to convince me then, hmm ?

(07-10-2013 09:47 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Translation: I ain't got SHIT, but watch as I posture like I do!

Fucking called it... Drinking Beverage

You say that like it was some sorta difficult achievement worthy of acknowledgment. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-10-2013, 08:33 PM
(10-10-2013 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2013 08:36 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fucking called it... Drinking Beverage

You say that like it was some sorta difficult achievement worthy of acknowledgment. Tongue

What can I say? When I'm right, I'm right... Wink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
11-10-2013, 11:25 AM
(10-10-2013 03:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 02:45 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oy. "If not a Christian..." because the standard is high. Empirical, falsifiable, testable. Your standard.

I look forward to some empirical, falsifiable, testable evidence of your God then.

From a perspective of scientism, if we want to verify another's claim, we can observe the same in nature or reproduce the experiment in our testing.

If you want evidence for Jesus Christ and you presently don't see any in nature (in your locus of the world, since millions of others claim to see Him) you can plan testable conditions and do your own experiment. Me telling you about Jesus is anecdotal, right?

Test for yourself.
11-10-2013, 11:38 AM
(11-10-2013 11:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ...scientism...

[Image: 7045873525_b2c9787fa1.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
11-10-2013, 12:15 PM
(11-10-2013 11:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  From a perspective of scientism, if we want to verify another's claim, we can observe the same in nature or reproduce the experiment in our testing.

If you want evidence for Jesus Christ and you presently don't see any in nature (in your locus of the world, since millions of others claim to see Him) you can plan testable conditions and do your own experiment. Me telling you about Jesus is anecdotal, right?

Test for yourself.

Millions of other people also claim to have "seen" Allah or Buddha or the Hindu gods, but that doesn't make them right (as you would no doubt agree, since most Xians consider every other religion a Satanic deception). Large numbers of adherents are not a validation of any belief system - evidence is.

Basically, like you and other Xians, folks of different faiths believe in their respective version of a higher power and as a result attempt to squeeze the rational world into a corresponding religious mold. They can't all be right, and most of us here consider them all to be wrong.

As for "test for yourself", I have extensively tested Xianity, and found it wanting (as have others here). Live in your dreamworld if you wish, but don't expect us to join (or rejoin) you there.Drinking Beverage
11-10-2013, 01:56 PM
(11-10-2013 11:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Test for yourself.

How ? You said empirical, verifiable, testable evidence. By definition, that means an experiment anyone can do. So tell me what experiment I shall perform to confirm your own experimental results.
11-10-2013, 02:38 PM
(11-10-2013 12:15 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 11:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  From a perspective of scientism, if we want to verify another's claim, we can observe the same in nature or reproduce the experiment in our testing.

Test for yourself.

Millions of other people also claim to have "seen" Allah or Buddha or the Hindu gods, but that doesn't make them right (as you would no doubt agree, since most Xians consider every other religion a Satanic deception). Large numbers of adherents are not a validation of any belief system - evidence is.

Basically, like you and other Xians, folks of different faiths believe in their respective version of a higher power and as a result attempt to squeeze the rational world into a corresponding religious mold. They can't all be right, and most of us here consider them all to be wrong.

As for "test for yourself", I have extensively tested Xianity, and found it wanting (as have others here). Live in your dreamworld if you wish, but don't expect us to join (or rejoin) you there.Drinking Beverage

What tests did you do? What were the boundaries/guidelines and controls?
11-10-2013, 02:39 PM
(11-10-2013 01:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 11:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Test for yourself.

How ? You said empirical, verifiable, testable evidence. By definition, that means an experiment anyone can do. So tell me what experiment I shall perform to confirm your own experimental results.

What would you suggest? Are you trying to prove Jesus is god or theism in general or the Bible is true? What is the kind of results you seek to confirm from me? You've said I'm delusional and ignorant. You should therefore discredit my testimony and tests. Which tests would you like to accomplish for yourself?
11-10-2013, 02:51 PM
(11-10-2013 02:39 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 01:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  How ? You said empirical, verifiable, testable evidence. By definition, that means an experiment anyone can do. So tell me what experiment I shall perform to confirm your own experimental results.

What would you suggest? Are you trying to prove Jesus is god or theism in general or the Bible is true? What is the kind of results you seek to confirm from me? You've said I'm delusional and ignorant. You should therefore discredit my testimony and tests. Which tests would you like to accomplish for yourself?

When a bunch of scientists make a discovery they don't say to people "design your own experiment and we'll tell ya if you get it wrong". They lay out details of their experiment, enough that other people can repeat the trial and confirm the data. They also, if they make deductions, lay out their reasoning so that it can be checked.

Because humans are fallible, so results of a single experiment may very well be down to some quirk in the experimental set up, or the researcher's own unconscious bias and other factors. That's *why* repeat experiments by independent researchers, even researchers whose personal dearly held views are at odds with the theory in question, are necessary.

You have claimed that this standard of repeatability exists for Jesus, as far as I can make out, so *your* experiments and your interpretations are of interest.

I can't repeat your experiments if you're gonna be all coy about the method and the data and the analysis.

So either you can retract your claim or provide details. Up to you Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.