"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(24-09-2013 02:48 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I came in here for sluts, and I don't see any Angry

Let down by Jesus...again. Weeping

You never let me down when I'm looking for a good chuckle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
21-10-2013, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 08:08 PM by Cathym112.)
(17-10-2013 02:03 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 12:26 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Like the Russian ballet your post is pure Bolshoi.

Da, comrade. I learn from the best:
Yours is the burden of proof since it is evident to arguably between 80 and 99% of people who have ever lived that there is a god.

Why do theists think that truth is democratic? That enough people believe in god it must be true?!
21-10-2013, 06:07 PM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Jane usually began her reply with "Dan [Aykroyd], you pompous ass..."

AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

My observation is that I've now been told several hundred times by "the gang" that I'm stupid and ignorant and would understand the skeptic's perspective best if I came into the light of [modern] knowledge. Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

My $0.02. Flame retardant gear now worn.

"But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17

I don't have any experience with you on this board (not that I can remember anyway) but if enough people you have never met tell you the same thing (ie, logic escapes you) then you should suck it up and try to focus inward.

When more than a handful of different people told me that I'm blunt and somewhat abrasive, I sucked up my hurt feelings and tried to work on being more diplomatic.

Take the free advice they give you - although not gentle - and work on improving your skills.
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
21-10-2013, 08:23 PM
(11-10-2013 02:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 11:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  From a perspective of scientism, if we want to verify another's claim, we can observe the same in nature or reproduce the experiment in our testing.

If you want evidence for Jesus Christ and you presently don't see any in nature (in your locus of the world, since millions of others claim to see Him) you can plan testable conditions and do your own experiment. Me telling you about Jesus is anecdotal, right?

Test for yourself.

You lack the barest comprehension of the scientific method or of the burden of proof.

Your demand is idiotic. Are you trying to invent a new field, experimental theology?

Millions of people also claim to have had visions of *their* god. Is that also viable proof of the deity they call god. Or are *they* just hallucinating?
22-10-2013, 01:15 AM
(21-10-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I cannot name an original rule from the scriptures? Who before the Bible said salvation was by faith without religious rituals/deeds/works?

While I'm sure Bucky will have a more substantive response...

'Worship me and ask for my forgiveness or I'll kick your ass' wasn't a unique Christian creation, even if getting out of it for free (subject to beliefs/dogmas that varied by sects /creeds) was.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
22-10-2013, 01:52 PM
(22-10-2013 01:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I cannot name an original rule from the scriptures? Who before the Bible said salvation was by faith without religious rituals/deeds/works?

While I'm sure Bucky will have a more substantive response...

'Worship me and ask for my forgiveness or I'll kick your ass' wasn't a unique Christian creation, even if getting out of it for free (subject to beliefs/dogmas that varied by sects /creeds) was.

We'll see. You can also find numerous threads where I ask a game-changing question of BB and the thread sits forever awaiting his reply. I'd pay money to debate him in an auditorium in public...
22-10-2013, 01:55 PM
(21-10-2013 08:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 02:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  You lack the barest comprehension of the scientific method or of the burden of proof.

Your demand is idiotic. Are you trying to invent a new field, experimental theology?

Millions of people also claim to have had visions of *their* god. Is that also viable proof of the deity they call god. Or are *they* just hallucinating?

Let's use our logical possibilities:

1. (some or all of) these millions of visionaries (if there are millions who have "seen" a god besides Jehovah/Christ) are hallucinating

2. (some or all) are hoaxing

3. There is a Satan who makes false visions

These three possibilities apply equally, by the way, to atheists:

1. There are deluded or self-deluded

2. They are hoaxing (e.g. they are a "deconverted Christian" who really knows Jesus but is fronting)

3. Satan has blinded them to truth and they are unwilling to progress forward towards Jesus, which dovetails with Satan's agenda
22-10-2013, 02:07 PM
(22-10-2013 01:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 01:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  While I'm sure Bucky will have a more substantive response...

We'll see. You can also find numerous threads where I ask a game-changing question of BB and the thread sits forever awaiting his reply. I'd pay money to debate him in an auditorium in public...

Salvation (as a paradigm), was not original to Christianity.
The fight over salvation by faith or works, went on for centuries, starting with the the early church. The individual peccadilloes are not important. They got the concept of salvation from culture, not the other way around.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-10-2013, 02:07 PM
(22-10-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  3. Satan has blinded them to truth and they are unwilling to progress forward towards Jesus, which dovetails with Satan's agenda

It's this one. Now I assume you've got some master plan involving refusing to use logic *at all* which is gonna magically turn us into boring little God bots ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-10-2013, 02:13 PM
PJ, you missed other possibilities such as:

Societal norms force people into certain beliefs a la the Emperor's new clothes
People have been brainwashed into thinking something they really haven't seen

But this is like arguing with a rock. You refuse to produce any evidence with some twisted worldview that the skeptic needs to produce the evidence supporting extraordinary claims.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post