"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
To be quite honest, PJ, any thread that you hijack I stop contributing too. It is, quite frankly, not worth the time and effort to read your drivel, or to even bother adding my comments.

"When we give in to PJ's insanity, the thought police win."

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
24-09-2013, 09:51 PM
PleaseJesus, you'd really understand why you're wrong, and we're right, if you were more loving, more gentle, and more compassionate.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
24-09-2013, 10:00 PM
(24-09-2013 09:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  PleaseJesus, you'd really understand why you're wrong, and we're right, if you were more loving, more gentle, and more compassionate.

Dodgy

First prize for unnecessarily large gap under post... Angel

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
24-09-2013, 10:25 PM
(24-09-2013 08:00 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 03:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Introduction to Logic.
Watched the intro vid. I think I want to do this for the shits and giggles. Anyone else want to with me? Can't say no to free edumacation!

I'm with you. Why not?

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
24-09-2013, 10:48 PM
My ex-wife's name is Jane.

Dodgy

Just saying.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-09-2013, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 10:56 PM by LadyJane.)
(24-09-2013 10:25 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 08:00 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Watched the intro vid. I think I want to do this for the shits and giggles. Anyone else want to with me? Can't say no to free edumacation!

I'm with you. Why not?

Awesome! I'll PM for the homework answers. Cool Tongue

(24-09-2013 10:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  My ex-wife's name is Jane.

Dodgy

Just saying.

So is mine- middle name. Whatchu' talkin' 'bout now?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-09-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 07:12 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-09-2013 03:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  WTF, Girly? It wasn't me who told him "to take a community course in logic".

But if he does, I suspect the certificate will only be good for ass wiping.

Nope, that was me.

(24-09-2013 11:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Now how about you leave the forum, enroll in a community college course in Logic, and come back after you've actually learned something? Drinking Beverage

But after reading the OP, it's clear why a real education is needed here.

(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My observation is that I've now been told several hundred times by "the gang" that I'm stupid and ignorant and would understand the skeptic's perspective best if I came into the light of [modern] knowledge. Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

Loving =/= Truth, logic, evidence, or reason.

Gentleness =/= Truth, logic, evidence, or reason.

Compassion =/= Truth, logic, evidence, or reason.

Reality and truth don't give a fuck about you, your desires, your personal delusions, or your unjustifiably inflated ego.

The truth of the matter is that the Sun does not revolve around the Earth, and no amount of love/gentleness/compassion was going to make Galileo's or Copernicus' observations any less truthful. They might have helped the God believing church leaders in being more compassionate in how they handled the truth, but it would not have changed the truth.

Even the things we accept as truth now may be wrong, but our emotions are irrelevant to the state of the truth. I accept this, that with sufficient amounts of evidence, any and all of my beliefs can and should change to accommodate the truth as best as we can know it (through science, evidence, reason, and logic; not a prioi assertions built upon subjective holy books and traditions). Compare this to your defense against all evidence and reason of a story-book cobbled together by barbaric bronze age desert goat herders who considered war, genocide, rape, and the favoritism of their god as national pastimes?

This is why you're in desperate need of an education. You need to stop defending what you think, and start learning how to think. So the accusation still stands, and I'm not sorry for making it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-09-2013, 11:04 PM
(24-09-2013 10:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Reality and truth doesn't give a fuck about you, your desires, your personal delusions, or your unjustifiably inflated ego.

I Heart you, EK

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes darv's post
25-09-2013, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 07:20 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-09-2013 11:04 PM)darv Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 10:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Reality and truth doesn't give a fuck about you, your desires, your personal delusions, or your unjustifiably inflated ego.

I Heart you, EK

Hell, I need to turn that into an image macro or a meme. I'll do that once I get home and can fire up Photoshop and Illustrator. Cool

EDIT: DONE

EDIT 2: Fixed for grammar.

[Image: RealityampTruth03copy.png]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Apart from the typo in there, I like it. Thumbsup

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes darv's post