"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(25-09-2013 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 11:04 PM)darv Wrote:  I Heart you, EK

Hell, I need to turn that into an image macro or a meme. I'll do that once I get home and can fire up Photoshop and Illustrator. Cool

EDIT: DONE

[Image: RealityampTruth01copy.png]

Nicely edited demotivational poster, but some part of me was like "Is it don't instead of doesn't?" Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
25-09-2013, 07:02 AM
(25-09-2013 07:00 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 01:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hell, I need to turn that into an image macro or a meme. I'll do that once I get home and can fire up Photoshop and Illustrator. Cool

EDIT: DONE

[Image: RealityampTruth01copy.png]

Nicely edited demotivational poster, but some part of me was like "Is it don't instead of doesn't?" Consider

Yah. "don't".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-09-2013, 07:07 AM
(25-09-2013 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 07:00 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Nicely edited demotivational poster, but some part of me was like "Is it don't instead of doesn't?" Consider

Yah. "don't".

Yup. Reality and Truth really don't give a fuck. Big Grin

That does explain Grammar Nazi's. Confused

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
25-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Unjusfiably Huh

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes darv's post
25-09-2013, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 07:19 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Fucking grammar Nazis... Dodgy

[Image: RealityampTruth03copy.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-09-2013, 07:19 AM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Jane usually began her reply with "Dan [Aykroyd], you pompous ass..."

AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

My observation is that I've now been told several hundred times by "the gang" that I'm stupid and ignorant and would understand the skeptic's perspective best if I came into the light of [modern] knowledge. Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

My $0.02. Flame retardant gear now worn.

"But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17

It is kinda silly to tell people to invoke more of an emotion as a way to come to knowledge of something. So why would anyone even tell you to be more loving, more gentle, more compassionate? We're not trying to be Jesus here, forcing emotions. You are a more loving person or you are not, you have to find reasons to be so, not just that we said so.

I will admit I do dislike the accusations of stupidity and delusionalism that I often see on boards like this. But then I see the same on any forum filled with people of differing opinions, whether it be sports, politics, religion or gardening. Some people are just nicer than others.

Understand however, that I see such accusations from theists as much as I do atheists. There does not seem to be one that is better than the other. So please don't fail to see how a fellow claimed brethren of yours is being a douche and own up to his poor behavior as well if you feel the need to point out ours.
[+] 2 users Like Airyaman's post
25-09-2013, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 12:06 PM by Chas.)
(25-09-2013 07:07 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yah. "don't".

Yup. Reality and Truth really don't give a fuck. Big Grin

That does explain Grammar Nazi's. Confused

Or Grammar Nazis. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrammarNaziSmall.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
25-09-2013, 09:37 AM
(25-09-2013 07:19 AM)Airyaman Wrote:  I will admit I do dislike the accusations of stupidity and delusionalism that I often see on boards like this.

Sure. And when people are delusional? The word's got a definition, all right, and willfully ignoring demonstrable reality because one would rather adhere to fantasies so qualifies.

You bet your ass I insult people's intellect when they refuse to apply it. There's only a couple special types around here who would ever warrant that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-09-2013, 09:44 AM
(25-09-2013 07:19 AM)Airyaman Wrote:  I will admit I do dislike the accusations of stupidity and delusionalism that I often see on boards like this.

I do too. I find the accusations of stupidity - well - stupid. They don't serve any real purpose whatsoever, except perhaps that someone gets to vent at someone else's expense.

Delusions are delusions, and I think that is often justified.

Usually the poster reaps what he sows, and in PJ's case that is definitely so, he is a rude, crude person. He deserves what he gets.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-09-2013, 10:24 AM
(25-09-2013 09:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  

I do too. I find the accusations of stupidity - well - stupid. They don't serve any real purpose whatsoever, except perhaps that someone gets to vent at someone else's expense.

Delusions are delusions, and I think that is often justified.

Usually the poster reaps what he sows, and in PJ's case that is definitely so, he is a rude, crude person. He deserves what he gets.

It could all be solved if the delusional would stop trying to push their delusions on others.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy