"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(25-09-2013 10:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It could all be solved if the delusional would stop trying to push their delusions on others.

Heck, I'd settle for them doing so politely.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
25-09-2013, 10:50 AM
PJ,

I consider myself to be very compassionate to those worthy of that compassion.

Sincerely
moms

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Wow. What was that....three, maybe four people who addressed the actual topic? Then fifty other posts bitching about the poster?

Seriously people. If you hate PJ so much, why the fuck are you reading his threads??

So many cats, so few good recipes.
25-09-2013, 11:12 AM
(25-09-2013 07:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fucking grammar Nazis... Dodgy

[Image: RealityampTruth03copy.png]

Oh fucking hell - I didn't even read the bottom saying it was yours! Big Grin

Always room for improvement, dear chap - no need to hold a grudge. Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
25-09-2013, 11:16 AM
(25-09-2013 10:50 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wow. What was that....three, maybe four people who addressed the actual topic? Then fifty other posts bitching about the poster?

Seriously people. If you hate PJ so much, why the fuck are you reading his threads??

I didn't bitch about the original poster - I bitched about a demotivational poster done by one of the posters, coming very close to taking him out to the chemical sheds to be shot. Luckily, he avoided that fate by making a newer updated, corrected and dare I say improved demotivational poster.

And of course, he'll be on my arse looking for revenge. It's only natural. Angel Tongue Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
25-09-2013, 11:28 AM
You're called ignorant because while on an atheist forum, you present the bible as evidence for your beliefs and when shown how those beliefs are flawed or wrong, you go right back to the bible.

Did you expect to be called a saint, a savior, or a genius here?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-09-2013, 11:39 AM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

Does the yawn indicate you're getting bored? If yes, why write this thread?

Quote:My observation is that I've now been told several hundred times by "the gang" that I'm stupid and ignorant and would understand the skeptic's perspective best if I came into the light of [modern] knowledge. Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."
If that was said to you, how would you react? Is that what you wanted people to say all along?

Quote:My $0.02. Flame retardant gear now worn.

"But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17

Was the bible verse quote indicative of your self-perceived qualities, sort of a "^^" pointer to your OP, or was it more of a "Hey, it does it, why not you?" If it's the former and you really are being sincere in your yawn, you don't have the come back if the forum bores you. You can leave the forum and do things which you find more productive.

25-09-2013, 11:48 AM
(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Jane usually began her reply with "Dan [Aykroyd], you pompous ass..."

AGAIN today on threads (yawn!) I was told I was ignorant and "to take a community course in logic", etc.

My observation is that I've now been told several hundred times by "the gang" that I'm stupid and ignorant and would understand the skeptic's perspective best if I came into the light of [modern] knowledge. Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

My $0.02. Flame retardant gear now worn.

"But the wisdom from above is first of all [i]pure.[/i] It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." - James 3:17

Pure
not mixed or adulterated with any other substance or material
without any extraneous and unnecessary elements
free of any contamination
• (of a subject of study) dealing with abstract concepts and not practical application

According to this, if one's knowledge or wisdom is from above, then it should be considered to be "pure" and dealing with abstract concepts rather than practical application. No outside input. That's fine for one... but only one.

Interaction with others would fly in the face of even attaining "wisdom from above"... since interaction with others carries with it an issue of purity. Interaction would contaminate, befoul such a oneness.

It begs questioning why one might attempt to debase or degrade "wisdom from above" by even trying to interact. Interaction would indicate a certain insincerity and possibly insecurity in this "wisdom from above".

If one has faith in "wisdom from above" and this is all that is necessary then, that should be that.

The more one knows, the more one tries to know. However, when something pure must be contaminated in order to know more... it might be best to get a grip on reality and leave faith to faith. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-09-2013, 11:52 AM
(25-09-2013 11:12 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 07:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fucking grammar Nazis... Dodgy

[Image: RealityampTruth03copy.png]

Oh fucking hell - I didn't even read the bottom saying it was yours! Big Grin

I made my own attribution the smallest thing in the picture, because I try not to have an unjustifiably large ego. The point of the picture is the message, not who gets credit for writing it. Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-09-2013, 12:23 PM
(25-09-2013 11:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 11:12 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Oh fucking hell - I didn't even read the bottom saying it was yours! Big Grin

I made my own attribution the smallest thing in the picture, because I try not to have an unjustifiably large ego. The point of the picture is the message, not who gets credit for writing it. Thumbsup

*hangs head in shame & my Grammar Nazi coat up*

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post