"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
All,

Truth is a powerful thing. When mixed with love, it's far more potent.

One or two posters here wrote to me or the group in kindness. I appreciate that, and I appreciate also those who didn't write kindly but still wrote to me honestly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
25-09-2013, 01:06 PM
(25-09-2013 12:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  All,

One or two posters here wrote to me or the group in kindness. I appreciate that, and I appreciate also those who didn't write kindly but still wrote to me honestly.

Spare us the martyr act. You've posted in a douche-like manner more than once, so don't tear up now and play the poor persecuted religious victim of "intolerant atheism."

Your only value here is to remind us how deluded Xianity is and keep us on our rational game. In the words of Batman: "you're practice."
[+] 3 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post
25-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Inquisitiveness does not equal unkindness.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
25-09-2013, 02:54 PM
(25-09-2013 01:06 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  

Spare us the martyr act. You've posted in a douche-like manner more than once, so don't tear up now and play the poor persecuted religious victim of "intolerant atheism."

Your only value here is to remind us how deluded Xianity is and keep us on our rational game. In the words of Batman: "you're practice."

It's not a martyr act. It's empirical if anecdotal evidence that I've been called ignorant several hundred times with very few people demonstrating any respect or kindness, and you are STILL doing it.

If you take seriously my proposal, that you can win more friends with kindness, than your persistent meanness underscores how skeptics are unsure of their atheist beliefs.
25-09-2013, 02:58 PM
You know PJ those words aren't appropriate. Please demonstrate that you are capable dealing with the opinions of others at a level higher than a high schooler. I have siblings in grade school who know better than you

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
25-09-2013, 03:05 PM
(25-09-2013 02:54 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you take seriously my proposal, that you can win more friends with kindness, than your persistent meanness underscores how skeptics are unsure of their atheist beliefs.

There is nothing to be unsure of, for the most part, most atheists have no belief or faith. Any uncertainty can be checked with logic and reason and questions can be accepted as not having answers. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-09-2013, 03:10 PM
PJ, I've ignored your threads for several weeks now b/c you have shown intolerance, lack of knowledge and closed mindedness. For example you actually are ignorant on many scientific topics especially evolution. You have been given road maps (e.g. books, courses, websites) to further educate yourself on the topic but have refused to do so. Even more comical is that you asked for books in a thread you started but then admitted you didn't read them. I have drawn the conclusion that you don't want to learn but want to only appear to do so in order to make your own completely ridiculous beliefs more legitimate.
[+] 6 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
25-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Ok... I admit that I've not interacted with you much at all, PJ. In your OP, you give us this...

(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

That appears to claim we can be more knowledgeable by being nicer. The majority on this forum tend to value evidence... not feelings. So, I can see why you were ripped for making such a post.

Then, you give us this gem.

(25-09-2013 02:54 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you take seriously my proposal, that you can win more friends with kindness, than your persistent meanness underscores how skeptics are unsure of their atheist beliefs.

Are you trying to say you have some special knowledge that you won't share with us until we are nicer to you? If it is anything from the bible, we've heard it before. If it isn't from the bible and you are holding it hostage until we're nicer, that's not very christian of you is it?

My $0.02

Drinking Beverage

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like darv's post
25-09-2013, 03:20 PM
canada eliminated the penny, now we have to give 5 cents rather than 2 Sad

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
25-09-2013, 03:32 PM

Yeaaah, it could be that, or...it could be that nobody wants to be your friend? Consider

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's