"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
I have a question that I would love to have an answer to. Why do some believers, and we get several here, think that we have to accept their beliefs as our own? Why is it that when we respond that we aren't interested are we then threatened with hell and generally spoken to as though we have no option but to march along behind the latest pushy theist? If a theist really believes what they say they do, don't they know that it's their god that passes the hell sentence and not man?

Not one single time have I ever gone batshit on a believer and threatened them with eternal torment if they didn't think the exact same thing I do.

And I have to say that all these people who come here and claim that THEY have the REAL meaning being the Bible. If there is supposedly only one meaning, how can all these different people be right?

I just don't want religion to get in the way of science in the schools or be the reason behind or against the passing of laws that everyone has to follow.

People can believe whatever they want, I may think they are nuts, I may just raise an eyebrow...until the threats and demands to follow and the sheer audacity of thinking that one person has the right to order another around in the name of his god makes my blood boil. This magical, mystical god should be able to do a much better job of recruiting.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
25-09-2013, 07:06 PM
(25-09-2013 12:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  All,

Truth is a powerful thing. When mixed with love, it's far more potent.

One or two posters here wrote to me or the group in kindness. I appreciate that, and I appreciate also those who didn't write kindly but still wrote to me honestly.

The word "truth" means different things to different people. Odd that, knowing the word. Theists often claim they know the truth, whether they be Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. yet their "truths" don't always agree. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I personally don't like to use the word "truth" when it comes to matters of religion, philosophy, or anything else that seemingly cannot be proven, because its then all a matter of opinion. What's "true" for you is not necessarily "true" for another.

Perhaps your beliefs are actually "true", but after thousands of years, there are a still large number of doubters. Your "truth" seems to be very hard to show.
26-09-2013, 07:36 AM
(25-09-2013 03:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a question that I would love to have an answer to. Why do some believers, and we get several here, think that we have to accept their beliefs as our own? Why is it that when we respond that we aren't interested are we then threatened with hell and generally spoken to as though we have no option but to march along behind the latest pushy theist? If a theist really believes what they say they do, don't they know that it's their god that passes the hell sentence and not man?

Not one single time have I ever gone batshit on a believer and threatened them with eternal torment if they didn't think the exact same thing I do.

And I have to say that all these people who come here and claim that THEY have the REAL meaning being the Bible. If there is supposedly only one meaning, how can all these different people be right?

I just don't want religion to get in the way of science in the schools or be the reason behind or against the passing of laws that everyone has to follow.

People can believe whatever they want, I may think they are nuts, I may just raise an eyebrow...until the threats and demands to follow and the sheer audacity of thinking that one person has the right to order another around in the name of his god makes my blood boil. This magical, mystical god should be able to do a much better job of recruiting.

Good question. I don't come here for you to accept my beliefs. There are more open people elsewhere by far. I come here because here everything I say is challenged and I can discard more of the usual crap I hear from Christians and learn!

As for the occasional mention of Hell 1) I never have to mention it unless it's in response since atheists always play this card as indicative of something wrong with god's justice 2) I think it should be mentioned regardless if on a sporadic basis because a) it's real b) a caring person wouldn't shy away from talk about it that can assist you.
26-09-2013, 07:39 AM
(25-09-2013 03:10 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  PJ, I've ignored your threads for several weeks now b/c you have shown intolerance, lack of knowledge and closed mindedness. For example you actually are ignorant on many scientific topics especially evolution. You have been given road maps (e.g. books, courses, websites) to further educate yourself on the topic but have refused to do so. Even more comical is that you asked for books in a thread you started but then admitted you didn't read them. I have drawn the conclusion that you don't want to learn but want to only appear to do so in order to make your own completely ridiculous beliefs more legitimate.

This assumption must be convenient for you. Now you can close down more when I challenge with facts, a pet theory or other musing. Good job. Understand in return that even though most of you are consuming literature and personal thoughts that are wholly opposed to everything I hold dear and are very little interested in any opposing viewpoint other than to mock and curse, I treasure hearing your contrary opinions and I fear neither your arrogance, ignorance or closed-mindedness, and it's worth wading through garbage like yours to hear what other, open-minded and articulate atheists think and care about.
26-09-2013, 07:39 AM
(25-09-2013 07:06 PM)Airyaman Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 12:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  All,

Truth is a powerful thing. When mixed with love, it's far more potent.

One or two posters here wrote to me or the group in kindness. I appreciate that, and I appreciate also those who didn't write kindly but still wrote to me honestly.

The word "truth" means different things to different people. Odd that, knowing the word. Theists often claim they know the truth, whether they be Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. yet their "truths" don't always agree. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I personally don't like to use the word "truth" when it comes to matters of religion, philosophy, or anything else that seemingly cannot be proven, because its then all a matter of opinion. What's "true" for you is not necessarily "true" for another.

Perhaps your beliefs are actually "true", but after thousands of years, there are a still large number of doubters. Your "truth" seems to be very hard to show.

Do you think truth is wholly facts and logic or may truth be felt or perceived otherwise?
26-09-2013, 07:44 AM
(25-09-2013 03:19 PM)darv Wrote:  Ok... I admit that I've not interacted with you much at all, PJ. In your OP, you give us this...

(24-09-2013 01:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Yet not one time have any of you said "PJ, you'd really understand why your X is wrong and my Y is right if you were more loving... more gentle... more compassionate..."

That appears to claim we can be more knowledgeable by being nicer. The majority on this forum tend to value evidence... not feelings. So, I can see why you were ripped for making such a post.

Then, you give us this gem.

(25-09-2013 02:54 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you take seriously my proposal, that you can win more friends with kindness, than your persistent meanness underscores how skeptics are unsure of their atheist beliefs.

Are you trying to say you have some special knowledge that you won't share with us until we are nicer to you? If it is anything from the bible, we've heard it before. If it isn't from the bible and you are holding it hostage until we're nicer, that's not very christian of you is it?

My $0.02

Drinking Beverage

I was saying neither of those things. I was saying rather that many (not all) atheists show their lack of true spirituality and true, exalted knowledge by behaving like obnoxious jerks to people, and particularly when their houses of cards are toppled.

I come here to learn and I recognize the vast intellect of many atheists. However, every time there is a snot-nosed "evidence, PJ or STFO" rather than a calm "evidence?", I know:

1) The personal bitterness prompts the remark

2) The lack of confidence in one's untenable position prompts the remark

3) The Bible, that predicts this exact behavior from scoffers, is upheld again

To be honest, I have tons more I'd like to share by way of evidence, reason and personal conviction, but cannot because of my own biblical understanding that I should save the best pearls for the open, not closed-minded. "Digging your own grave" was never more true than here.
26-09-2013, 07:49 AM

(26-09-2013 07:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Do you think truth is wholly facts and logic or may truth be felt or perceived otherwise?

It can be transferred to us via the Noodly Appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

But that's His will, not ours.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
26-09-2013, 07:58 AM
(26-09-2013 07:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 03:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a question that I would love to have an answer to. Why do some believers, and we get several here, think that we have to accept their beliefs as our own? Why is it that when we respond that we aren't interested are we then threatened with hell and generally spoken to as though we have no option but to march along behind the latest pushy theist? If a theist really believes what they say they do, don't they know that it's their god that passes the hell sentence and not man?

Good question. I don't come here for you to accept my beliefs. There are more open people elsewhere by far. I come here because here everything I say is challenged and I can discard more of the usual crap I hear from Christians and learn!

As for the occasional mention of Hell 1) I never have to mention it unless it's in response since atheists always play this card as indicative of something wrong with god's justice 2) I think it should be mentioned regardless if on a sporadic basis because a) it's real b) a caring person wouldn't shy away from talk about it that can assist you.

My point with regard to hell is that it is supposed to be something that is decided by your god's judgement. When a man says, 'you are going to go to hell because...fill in the blank', isn't that man placing himself in the position of god?

Or in other words...Judge not lest ye be judged.

26-09-2013, 08:17 AM

(26-09-2013 07:44 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I was saying neither of those things. I was saying rather that many (not all) atheists show their lack of true spirituality and true, exalted knowledge by behaving like obnoxious jerks to people, and particularly when their houses of cards are toppled.

I come here to learn and I recognize the vast intellect of many atheists. However, every time there is a snot-nosed "evidence, PJ or STFO" rather than a calm "evidence?", I know:

1) The personal bitterness prompts the remark

2) The lack of confidence in one's untenable position prompts the remark

3) The Bible, that predicts this exact behavior from scoffers, is upheld again

To be honest, I have tons more I'd like to share by way of evidence, reason and personal conviction, but cannot because of my own biblical understanding that I should save the best pearls for the open, not closed-minded. "Digging your own grave" was never more true than here.

Behold, a typical post by PleaseJesus. It contains the usual statements:

1. Atheists lack some true, hidden, mysterious knowledge that he apparently has.
2. For some reason, he doesn't want to share this knowledge with us. He could, but he won't, despite persistently writing on this forum.
3. He is a saint and a martyr, and those who don't believe him are "obnoxious jerks."
4. The Bible predicted something obvious or ambiguous.
5. Those who don't believe in his message are doomed.

Now let me try to explain it to you. When I first came to this forum, I also thought that many members were harsh with you. However, I soon realized why it was so. It's because you're intellectually dishonest, arrogant, and downright annoying, because you constantly repeat the same assertions without proof. And when you are called out on it, you change the topic until you think the previous one is forgotten, and then the cycle re-starts again. And people dislike that. This has nothing to do with theism or atheism, it's a dishonest manner of debating.

As for why you're coming here, I don't know, but I knew people who would intentionally provoke trouble so they could claim themselves to be victims or martyrs of people who "don't understand them" or "hate them without a reason." I don't understand what motivates such a behavior, but it's clear that it happens. And I suspect that you act in a similar way. Your passive-aggressive, bullshitty stance proves that you're here to irritate people, and when you succeed, you pat yourself on the back, because that supposedly "proves" that atheists are afraid of your "truth." You're a joke. Go hide under a rock.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Philosoraptor's post
26-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Now let me try to explain it to you. When I first came to this forum, I also thought that many members were harsh with you. However, I soon realized why it was so. It's because you're intellectually dishonest, arrogant, and downright annoying, because you constantly repeat the same assertions without proof. And when you are called out on it, you change the topic until you think the previous one is forgotten, and then the cycle re-starts again. And people dislike that. This has nothing to do with theism or atheism, it's a dishonest manner of debating.[/quote]

Good grief PJ is really I&I with a side order of god. Weeping

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post