"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(26-09-2013 10:15 AM)kim Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 07:39 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  This assumption must be convenient for you. Now you can close down more when I challenge with facts, a pet theory or other musing. Good job. Understand in return that even though most of you are consuming literature and personal thoughts that are wholly opposed to everything I hold dear and are very little interested in any opposing viewpoint other than to mock and curse, I treasure hearing your contrary opinions and I fear neither your arrogance, ignorance or closed-mindedness, and it's worth wading through garbage like yours to hear what other, open-minded and articulate atheists think and care about.

(26-09-2013 07:44 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I was saying neither of those things. I was saying rather that many (not all) atheists show their lack of true spirituality and true, exalted knowledge by behaving like obnoxious jerks to people, and particularly when their houses of cards are toppled.

I come here to learn and I recognize the vast intellect of many atheists. However, every time there is a snot-nosed "evidence, PJ or STFO" rather than a calm "evidence?", I know:

1) The personal bitterness prompts the remark

2) The lack of confidence in one's untenable position prompts the remark

3) The Bible, that predicts this exact behavior from scoffers, is upheld again

To be honest, I have tons more I'd like to share by way of evidence, reason and personal conviction, but cannot because of my own biblical understanding that I should save the best pearls for the open, not closed-minded. "Digging your own grave" was never more true than here.

Well, these are telling responses. Two posts with simple observations of behavior are actually responded to by PJ with that exact behavior - venomous and sarcastic responses, as well. And not just the stuff in bold, either - those things just caught my eye.

Hmm... I seem to recall some mention of a "double standard". ?

Pj, you say you want to learn stuff but then refuse.
You say people insult you, while you do the exact same thing.
You seemingly play ignorant while making back handed, sarcastic remarks about another's ideas being arrogant, closed-minded.... blah, blah, blah...

By the way, saying someone is ignorant is not an insult. It simply means one has not run across some information and it is very evident to all and so may be pointed out by others.

People have tried to help you become informed but you have refused and run away ... and now you cry about it.

Boo-hoo.

You made the decision to come here and for some reason, you've decided to stay. I guess you'll just have to whine to yourself. Drinking Beverage

Not crying. Just pointing out the lack of respect. And I will not apologize for having strong opinions or a strong sense of fair play.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 10:31 AM
(26-09-2013 10:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you want I can treat people the way I'm treated here rather than the way I'd like to be treated, as an experiment...

You already have. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-09-2013, 10:32 AM
If you read what Kim (and others) have said...you would see that most of the issue with you is that you are not respectful to the members here who don't believe in your god. It's an Atheist site, were you expecting a hidden club of Christians...why do you think it's okay to steamroll in here and get your way?

The best way to bring someone around to your way of thinking is not to demand it.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-09-2013, 10:33 AM
(26-09-2013 10:10 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 09:31 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh? I just told you why I won't share all knowledge with everyone all the time:

1. Jesus's (wise) admonition to be discerning with time

2. It's related to your schmuckiness level at any given moment

If those aren't the precise reasons you just wrote me that you are wasting time with me and are responding to my jerk-i-ness, I'll be hornswaggled, but thanks for demonstrating again your double standards.

I didn't understand one word of what you just wrote. You're writing incoherent gibberish. You're as consistent as your Bible - maybe you've been reading it so often that it reflected on your writing.

So here you are, accusing me of "schmuckiness" (derived from the word that means penis,* very nice Christian vocabulary you've got), yet you started a thread complaining about how atheists on this forum are mistreating you, again publicly making a victim out of yourself. If you don't like it here, then what the fuck are you doing here? You never answered that, so I'll assume that my theory stands - that you seek to make a martyr out of yourself. As for why, I don't understand.

* http://books.google.hr/books?id=Ny1o6iXf...ck&f=false

(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm just sayin here.....why the hell do you guys hate PJ so much?? I'm not gonna go running through all his posts searching for nasty shit he's said, but it must be some pretty awful shit. Ya ya, theism is awful shit, blablabla.

Who mentioned hate? I don't hate anyone... but I have zero tolerance for dishonesty and deception.

(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What I've seen in this thread (my first encounter with my new friend PJ) is a dude who seems pretty reasonable in his expectations.

You admit that this thread is your first encounter with PJ; plus you also admit that you didn't even read this thread.
Therefore, you know nothing about him, yet you gave him a positive rating and accused others (including me) of hating him. How's that reasonable?

(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  NEWS FLASH: PleaseJesus is religious!
That means if you're gonna talk theism, you're gonna disagree. STRONGLY. But has anyone actually engaged this guy elsewhere? I mean, in a discussion NOT about theism? Because you are treating him like he is a bad person. And from what I can tell, based on the evidence (how KingsChosen is treated on this forum), most people here don't consider being a theist the determining factor of whether someone's a good person or a nasty fuck.

You just answered your own question. Drinking Beverage

(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Then again, maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

In this case, you don't. Dodgy

Actually, you understand all of what I wrote. The same two reasons you have for "ignoring" me are actually the same two reasons I have for not answering every "give us evidence!" demands. I thought you were different when you first started posting, but once you had 1) facts shared from the Bible and outside it and 2) me not backing down just because you bully others 3) you became Mr. Sarcastic.

If you show respect to me you'll get same in kind. If you show mocking and hate to me, you'll get... love in kind but less evidence.
26-09-2013, 10:35 AM
(26-09-2013 10:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If you read what Kim (and others) have said...you would see that most of the issue with you is that you are not respectful to the members here who don't believe in your god. It's an Atheist site, were you expecting a hidden club of Christians...why do you think it's okay to steamroll in here and get your way?

The best way to bring someone around to your way of thinking is not to demand it.

Huh? I try to answer questions like, "Tell me more?" and when I do, instead of atheists thinking then responding I get STFO, PJ, you know nothing... I think you have a double standard unless you also ask in your posts that atheists show Christians respect. Do you disagree?

And no, I don't think it's okay to steamroll around here. I do find that the more detailed, empirical evidence I provide, however, the less respectful atheists become. Why is that, do you think?

I do apologize if my remarks don't come off in the kind spirit in which they're intended.
26-09-2013, 10:37 AM
(26-09-2013 10:31 AM)kim Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 10:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you want I can treat people the way I'm treated here rather than the way I'd like to be treated, as an experiment...

You already have. Drinking Beverage

I think you are seeing things. And I say that respectfully.
26-09-2013, 10:42 AM
(26-09-2013 10:37 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 10:31 AM)kim Wrote:  You already have. Drinking Beverage

I think you are seeing things. And I say that respectfully.

Insincerity is your strong point but again, a waste of time. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-09-2013, 10:47 AM
(26-09-2013 09:29 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 07:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My point with regard to hell is that it is supposed to be something that is decided by your god's judgement. When a man says, 'you are going to go to hell because...fill in the blank', isn't that man placing himself in the position of god?

Or in other words...Judge not lest ye be judged.

Yes, and that's one reason Jesus was accused of blasphemy. By making statements like "If you reject me you suffer Hell" and "Today, you will be with me in Paradise" he equated himself with god.

With all due respect, does that mean you aren't placing yourself in the position of a god but in a position similar to Jesus?

And on a side note...if your jesus was accused of blasphemy for telling people they would go to hell, when you do it...how is it not blasphemy.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-09-2013, 10:51 AM

(26-09-2013 10:33 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Actually, you understand all of what I wrote. The same two reasons you have for "ignoring" me are actually the same two reasons I have for not answering every "give us evidence!" demands. I thought you were different when you first started posting, but once you had 1) facts shared from the Bible and outside it and 2) me not backing down just because you bully others 3) you became Mr. Sarcastic.

If you show respect to me you'll get same in kind. If you show mocking and hate to me, you'll get... love in kind but less evidence.

What facts?

Who do I bully?

And seriously, cut that "love" bullshit. It's becoming childish. Drinking Beverage

EDIT: Also, I forgot... You're talking to me like to a child. "You'll get less evidence." Please, don't withhold it from me, I'm gonna cry!!! Booooo!!! Weeping Weeping Weeping
Do you really consider yourself that important? I'm asking you for evidence for your own good, not for mine.
You come here and make assertions, and I'm asking you to prove them, because your reputation here depends on them. Get it? Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 11:02 AM
(26-09-2013 10:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Um, I've often prefaced remarks with "this is my lay understanding but..." and "tell me if I'm wrong, but..." or "I see you are really learned on this subject but..."

You've also been passive-aggressive, condescending, whiny, arrogant, boastful, etc. Forum search really is your worst enemy here.

(26-09-2013 10:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Are you denying I've been told STFU for saying "thank you"?

Are you denying that you come here of your own free choice? You get zero pity from me.

You are not a martyr, or a victim, or the higher standard. Do you know why I stopped trying to debate on Christian forums? Because I was insulted, threatened with hell, called names, bla bla bla. If I chose to go back to those forums and suffer more abuse, it's MY FAULT. The difference is that here, it's not your beliefs that are earning your insults. There are plenty of theists who somehow manage to avoid being insulted and sworn at. I's your behavior and attitude. You've made some pretty horrible comments, comments that are harmful where you use the 'but it's god's command and therefore holy' get-out-of-jail-free-card you think you can play. That card doesn't play here.

(26-09-2013 10:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Are you denying I received multiple GTFOs this week alone?

Are you denying trying to defend/redefine genocide, needless suffering, etc? Really, which is worse? Which is more disturbing?

(26-09-2013 10:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Are you affirming that atheists "can't help" petty insults because they lack self-control?

How about you show some self control. Stop acting like a martyr and stop being passive aggressive, which, by the way, are the most petty of behaviors. Or, as you like to say, "Thank you for proving my point..."

You already have.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post