"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
(24-10-2013 02:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  When a lover tells you they love you, whether or not you love them in return, should you respond with invective or gently?

We don't love you. Gentle enough ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2013, 02:23 PM
(24-10-2013 02:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 02:59 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  How will being loving, gentle, or compassionate help you to understand facts?
Those are all great qualities to have and by all means work on being more loving, gentle, and compassionate if you feel you need to. It will help you to be a good person, but it will not help you to understand facts. The notion seems silly to me.

That's just crazy talk

Because truth is more than facts. It is facts plus perception and may be received. When a lover tells you they love you, whether or not you love them in return, should you respond with invective or gently?

My issue with this question is you're asking if I should lie to them. If you don't love someone, it doesn't matter how loving, gentle, and compassionate you are. You may be able to trick them into believing that you love them by playing their emotions but it won't change the fact that you do not love them.
And I am sorry but I believe truth exists solely in facts. If you warp reality to meet your emotional needs that doesn't change the truth, it simply leaves you living inside your own lies.
[+] 2 users Like LostandInsecure's post
25-10-2013, 10:05 AM
(24-10-2013 02:23 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 02:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Because truth is more than facts. It is facts plus perception and may be received. When a lover tells you they love you, whether or not you love them in return, should you respond with invective or gently?

My issue with this question is you're asking if I should lie to them. If you don't love someone, it doesn't matter how loving, gentle, and compassionate you are. You may be able to trick them into believing that you love them by playing their emotions but it won't change the fact that you do not love them.
And I am sorry but I believe truth exists solely in facts. If you warp reality to meet your emotional needs that doesn't change the truth, it simply leaves you living inside your own lies.

I'm not asking you to lie about a relationship or god or anything. I am positing that the biblical way is the best way. Truth plus love - this is who Jesus is, for the supreme example.