Janeway I am dissapointed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Janeway I am dissapointed
It seems she has narrated a documentary that claims the sun orbits the earth. No

There are some leading scientists in there too and I only hope they have been edited to suit. But Kate Mulgrew was reading the narration so she must have known the agenda of the programme. Sad

The Principal

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: Janeway I am dissapointed
Saw that story on facebook through Seth and George Takei.

It really is a disappointing site to see isn't it?

I will forever rember this any time I am watching Voyager, and I will never be able to enjoy the character of Janeway properly ever again...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-04-2014, 09:32 AM
(08-04-2014 09:17 AM)Eva Wrote:  It seems she has narrated a documentary that claims the sun orbits the earth. No

There are some leading scientists in there too and I only hope they have been edited to suit. But Kate Mulgrew was reading the narration so she must have known the agenda of the programme. Sad

The Principal
Kraus and Kaku were mined from clips of theirs. But as you say Janeway I is disapoint.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
08-04-2014, 01:09 PM
...........................and????????????

One of her Star Trek co-stars Jonathan Frakes narrated those stupid Alien Autopsy videos.

Sometimes as an actor, like any profession, you have to work a crappy job or two between good ones. That's life.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
08-04-2014, 01:35 PM
(08-04-2014 01:09 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  ...........................and????????????

One of her Star Trek co-stars Jonathan Frakes narrated those stupid Alien Autopsy videos.

Sometimes as an actor, like any profession, you have to work a crappy job or two between good ones. That's life.

And that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed by that.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
08-04-2014, 01:49 PM
(08-04-2014 01:35 PM)Eva Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 01:09 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  ...........................and????????????

And that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed by that.

I guess I don't understand why you're disappointed by this. They paid her a sum of money to do a narration, she did it, that's all. I might understand if Mulgrew gave an interview where she said she AGREED with the premise of the film but simply doing a narration like that? Harmless.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
(08-04-2014 01:49 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 01:35 PM)Eva Wrote:  And that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed by that.

I guess I don't understand why you're disappointed by this. They paid her a sum of money to do a narration, she did it, that's all. I might understand if Mulgrew gave an interview where she said she AGREED with the premise of the film but simply doing a narration like that? Harmless.

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

Thing is though, this is put forward by a crazy person, who even went so far as to mine videos of respected and well know scientists to lend his "documentary" a semblance of credibility.

That and her fans held her to a certain standard, the don't give crazy people publicity standard.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
08-04-2014, 02:07 PM
So...Bollocks and bullshit is ok if you're being paid? And None of us should care about it or be disappointed when they help promote a nutcases nonsense?

08-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Where are all these shit for brains films coming from just lately?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
08-04-2014, 02:16 PM
BTW, Kate Mulgrew released a statement on Facebook, admitting as much as I have said, saying it was just a VoiceOver job and that, like Lawerence Krauss and Michio Kaku, who also appear in the film, she does not agree with the premise of the film's producers.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...7122967465

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post