Janeway I am dissapointed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Janeway I am dissapointed
(08-04-2014 02:07 PM)Eva Wrote:  So...Bollocks and bullshit is ok if you're being paid? And None of us should care about it or be disappointed when they help promote a nutcases nonsense?

This is where pop music comes from. Take it from a long time pro. I would rather play jazz, but there's no money in it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Speak of the devil and it will appear. I actually am looking into how to debunk geocentrism. Though I am not made that it exist, it makes it easier to realize how wrong religion is.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Mulgrew was duped.

So very glad to read that.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 10:19 AM
(09-04-2014 07:50 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Mulgrew was duped.

Geez...the producer even questions the Holocaust! Hobo

09-04-2014, 10:25 AM
(09-04-2014 10:19 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 07:50 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Mulgrew was duped.

Geez...the producer even questions the Holocaust! Hobo

From Krauss

Quote:Nevertheless, even after being inured to such things, I was surprised to learn of the premise of the film, until I learned that its producer also apparently questions the Holocaust. It is tempting to say that both claims are obscene nonsense, but I believe that does a disservice to the word nonsense.

God, I love Krauss.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 10:55 AM
It would have nice if Krauss had investigated a little more about the producer of the film before he agreed to appear. He can back peddle all he wants to now, but it doesn't change a thing.

Saying you didn't believe the barn door was open is useless once the horse is gone, especially when all you had to do is look out a window and see the door was in fact open.

Kate Mulgrew...who knows why she'd lend her voice to something like that. She's an actress...period. Maybe she needs money, maybe as she now claims, was duped. Maybe she knew from the start and didn't give a shit because it kept her lights on and pool warmed for another month and all this back peddling is just to placate people.

Yes, she released a statement saying she doesn't agree with the premise. Big fucking deal. In the this day and age there isn't any excuse that's really valid. But she'll just blame her agent for that.

I'm rewatching Voyager on Netflix and I'm half way through the first season, and have to say I'm starting to recall why I didn't like it as much as Next Generation. There was a lot of 'woo' in that show.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-04-2014, 11:03 AM
(09-04-2014 10:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It would have nice if Krauss had investigated a little more about the producer of the film before he agreed to appear. He can back peddle all he wants to now, but it doesn't change a thing.

Saying you didn't believe the barn door was open is useless once the horse is gone, especially when all you had to do is look out a window and see the door was in fact open.

Kate Mulgrew...who knows why she'd lend her voice to something like that. She's an actress...period. Maybe she needs money, maybe as she now claims, was duped. Maybe she knew from the start and didn't give a shit because it kept her lights on and pool warmed for another month and all this back peddling is just to placate people.

Yes, she released a statement saying she doesn't agree with the premise. Big fucking deal. In the this day and age there isn't any excuse that's really valid. But she'll just blame her agent for that.

I'm rewatching Voyager on Netflix and I'm half way through the first season, and have to say I'm starting to recall why I didn't like it as much as Next Generation. There was a lot of 'woo' in that show.

It's actually quite understandable for them to get duped into something like this.

From the Krauss/Kaku side of things: These are famous scientists that get asked to speak about things from a variety of people. They can only do so much research on anyone that hires them. I doubt that they were hired directly by the producer, otherwise a simple google search would have thrown up red flags.

What usually happens in these situations, like what happened to Dawkins, is that they are called in under false pretenses to speak on an unrelated topic and then editors chop the hell out of the clips to make them say things that they never said, or take things WAAAAAY out of context. It doesn't even take very creative editing to make it look like they're agreeing with some ridiculous claim. It happens all the time.

From Mulgrew's side, it's a bit murkier and less certain. I doubt they had her reading the script exactly as it appears in the film. Most likely, if she was actually duped, is that she was given an asston of phrases and sentences to say and, again, it was chopped up and spliced together to make her say what the producer wanted.

I expect we'll see a few lawsuits out of this.

09-04-2014, 11:05 AM
(09-04-2014 10:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It would have nice if Krauss had investigated a little more about the producer of the film before he agreed to appear. He can back peddle all he wants to now, but it doesn't change a thing.

I'm not as concerned with Krauss and Kaku in this case. They do a lot of short, quick interviews of this type all the time. I'm sure it's just a sheer numbers thing. It must be bound to happen.

Janeway however is different. She narrated the thing. She had to know what she was saying. Krauss and Kaku they could edit, mine, and take out of context, but Janeway was actually saying the thing.

It would be as if Morgan Freeman was narrating The March of the Penguins and had no idea through the course of narrating it that it was about Penguins Marching about.

09-04-2014, 11:18 AM
(09-04-2014 11:05 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  

I'm not as concerned with Krauss and Kaku in this case. They do a lot of short, quick interviews of this type all the time. I'm sure it's just a sheer numbers thing. It must be bound to happen.

Janeway however is different. She narrated the thing. She had to know what she was saying. Krauss and Kaku they could edit, mine, and take out of context, but Janeway was actually saying the thing.

It would be as if Morgan Freeman was narrating The March of the Penguins and had no idea through the course of narrating it that it was about Penguins Marching about.

I have a friend who edits sound clips for a living. He does ads and such. He's shown me how easy it is to take two completely unrelated sentences spoken by the same person and smash the words together to make it sound like they said a completely different sentence. It happens in 90% of the ads that you hear on the radio or see on TV. The narrator may have never actually said any of the full sentences that get ran, but unless you're listening really closely and know what to listen for, it will appear as though they did.

For instance, they have her speak these sentences

"The sun is the center of our solar system"
"The Earth orbits the sun"

It wouldn't be hard to make the sentence "The earth is the center of the solar system, the sun orbits the earth."

Especially with the modulation that is available to change the sound, it's easy to splice it together so it sounds like a coherent sentence.

09-04-2014, 11:35 AM

They set up the interview under false pretenses, similar to how Dawkins appears in Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.

As for Mulgrew, aside from a few actors who make it super big, acting doesn't pay that well and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to stay afloat. I guess she needed a gig between Broadway shows or television or movies. That's life.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade