January Article) Comet Elenin is Coming!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Rainbow January Article) Comet Elenin is Coming!
Article

This sounds huge. Am I right? And what would it hold in potential to effect earth if it draws near enough? (I'm asking because I'm no Scientist. Not even a little bit)
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 10:11 PM
RE: January Article) Comet Elenin is Coming!
They're idiots. Not only are they waiting for the end times, but they're numerologists.
7:10 of first video - fail.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 01:53 AM by Chesstime.)
(08-03-2011 06:26 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Article

This sounds huge. Am I right? And what would it hold in potential to effect earth if it draws near enough? (I'm asking because I'm no Scientist. Not even a little bit)

I'll go look up the Real facts about this comet. In the meantime; THEY Are NO Scientists Either! As for Mercury; It's visible All this month shortly after sunset, right next to Jupiter, low in the west near the horizon.
(08-03-2011 06:26 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Article

So far the web is full of so many Air headed assholes about this comet, All I've learned so far is that in August you will be able to see it with the naked Eye.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
09-03-2011, 04:15 AM
I think the chance of a hit is very low but I haven't seen an official position from NASA or any other space agency .

And if this guy is legit , how come he doesn't know that string theory is still a hypothesis and not a theory.And it doesn't have anything to do with predicting the movement of celestial bodies (as far as I know).

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Here's a better article from Sky and Telescope

NASA did feature a video about this comet as well. But it's no longer available at the NASA site now. Odd.
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:ut right now it appears that the comet's perihelion will occur well inside Earth's orbit, about 0.45 a.u. (42 million miles) from the Sun, next September 5th.

Guess the next date for the world to end is September 5th. I'd bet 5$ on that Wink

Not sure why NASA would take down their article but their press department has been tripping on their own feet lately.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
10-03-2011, 01:03 AM
The end of the world will be a small meteor shower. At least it will be more spectacular than most of the rest of the "ends of the world" have been. Usually it is just a bunch of christians who wait, pray, get tired and hungry and then go home.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.