Japan - 15 killed in knife attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2016, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 07:18 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
RE: Japan - 15 killed in knife attack
(25-07-2016 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude was a former employee of the facility. Dunno what that means. Hobo

Obviously it means he was a Muslim.

(I'm joking for those who don't get jokes).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
25-07-2016, 06:10 PM
(25-07-2016 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude was a former employee of the facility. Dunno what that means. Hobo

It means he used to work there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
26-07-2016, 08:23 AM
(25-07-2016 05:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In the land of the blind - the one eyed man is king...

In the land of the unarmed -- even a guy with a pointy stick can ruin your day...

And in the US, how many of our guns have stopped mass shootings?

How many times has a witness with a firearm stopped a mass shooting?

Not Law Enforcement, an armed civilian?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-07-2016, 08:34 AM
(26-07-2016 08:23 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 05:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In the land of the blind - the one eyed man is king...

In the land of the unarmed -- even a guy with a pointy stick can ruin your day...

I've pointed this out in the many gun threads in the politics section; the majority of mass shootings take place in gun free zones. How can an armed citizen take down a mass shooter when they are unable to carry their firearm in that location? From movie theaters with signs banning guns, to schools, to nightclubs that serve alcohol, nobody is permitted to carry a gun inside. And we avoid places like that so we don't violate any laws. I won't even go to my local mall because of the "gun free zone" signs at every entrance point. I drive 20 miles to a mall that doesn't have those signs.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-07-2016, 08:37 AM
(26-07-2016 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 08:23 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  And in the US, how many of our guns have stopped mass shootings?

I've pointed this out in the many gun threads in the politics section; the majority of mass shootings take place in gun free zones. .... to nightclubs that serve alcohol, nobody is permitted to carry a gun inside.

Bullshit. In the Florida gay bar massacre there was an armed off-duty policeman working security who engaged the shooter. In my Gun-free zone High School we had armed police providing security. Gun-free zone does not mean that there are no guns, it means only trained professionals carry them.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 08:43 AM
(26-07-2016 08:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've pointed this out in the many gun threads in the politics section; the majority of mass shootings take place in gun free zones. .... to nightclubs that serve alcohol, nobody is permitted to carry a gun inside.

Bullshit. In the Florida gay bar massacre there was an armed off-duty policeman working security who engaged the shooter.

And? Off duty cops don't have to follow the law prohibiting carry of firearms in an establishment that serves alcohol. And as far as I understand it, the cop was working outside, and was not inside. And as Fatbaldhobbit specifically said "Not Law Enforcement, an armed civilian?"

26-07-2016, 08:46 AM
(26-07-2016 08:23 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Guns in America: For every criminal killed in self-defense, 34 innocent people die
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-07-2016, 08:47 AM
(26-07-2016 08:43 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 08:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bullshit. In the Florida gay bar massacre there was an armed off-duty policeman working security who engaged the shooter.

And? Off duty cops don't have to follow the law prohibiting carry of firearms in an establishment that serves alcohol. And as far as I understand it, the cop was working outside, and was not inside. And as Fatbaldhobbit specifically said "not law enforcement."

Not if they are there specifically to provide security. And if the cop engaged the shooter outside even better. Tried to keep the shooter from going inside.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 08:51 AM
(26-07-2016 08:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 08:43 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And? Off duty cops don't have to follow the law prohibiting carry of firearms in an establishment that serves alcohol. And as far as I understand it, the cop was working outside, and was not inside. And as Fatbaldhobbit specifically said "not law enforcement."

Not if they are there specifically to provide security. And if the cop engaged the shooter outside even better. Tried to keep the shooter from going inside.

From what I understand, the shooter had already shot a bunch of people inside, walked outside, was engaged by the officer, went back inside and killed more, took hostages. No cop or anyone inside had a gun except the shooter.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/puls...story.html

26-07-2016, 08:53 AM
(26-07-2016 08:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 08:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've pointed this out in the many gun threads in the politics section; the majority of mass shootings take place in gun free zones. .... to nightclubs that serve alcohol, nobody is permitted to carry a gun inside.

Bullshit. In the Florida gay bar massacre there was an armed off-duty policeman working security who engaged the shooter. In my Gun-free zone High School we had armed police providing security. Gun-free zone does not mean that there are no guns, it means only trained professionals carry them.

The Dallas shooting occurred with plenty of open-carry activists and police around, and that didn't deter the shooter either.

Good guys with guns aren't stopping mass shootings and the Dallas incident is a great example of how it can actually make it harder for law enforcement to assess who is actually the threat.

In a country with more mass shootings than any other and more guns than any other (developed nations that is), we should be seeing more mass shootings stopped than any other, but we don't...at all. It's almost as if that tired ass "good guys with guns" rhetoric is nothing more than bullshit Consider

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post