Japan - 15 killed in knife attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: Japan - 15 killed in knife attack
(26-07-2016 01:06 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 11:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  He'd have gotten more with a truck......

(PROVEN fact)
Large numbers of people with guns = more gun related deaths (proven fact) OB I like you and don't wanna fall out with you but using the truck analogy is like the religious using presuppositional arguments for the existence of god. Everyone on here knows you are seriously pro gun but to pretend there are no problems with a universal ability to get firearms (and even with restrictions people can still obtain shotguns and super high powered airguns in the USA) is something that I fail to see how you can defend I am sold that currently in the USA you do need weapons for personal protection as long as you are legal but the number of them especially illegal ones is bonkers greater control is needed with no shadow of doubt Imo. Peace, Adey

"Just the facts Ma'am" -- Joe Friday ---

You said "if he had a gun it would have been worse - fact" ...

Ok

I just pointed out that the largest mass murder in history by a single individual - which just happened -- wasn't with a gun - but a truck.... that's a fact....

The point is -- if a person wants to kill people -- a gun isn't necessary - and the ownership of a gun does not promote the killing of people. The correlation of guns to murders is pointless. If guns had never been invented - people would still get murdered -- and quite possibly in even greater numbers than by firearms......

The truck incident in Nice lends credence to that idea.

Getting rid of guns won't help.

Getting rid of the motivation for people to commit mass murder might....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 10:00 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2016 10:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Phony statistics.

"I don't know shit about statistics." - LordDullard, May 5, 2016

Damn dude, you must be a quick study. Like genius level quick study.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 03:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2016 11:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  He'd have gotten more with a truck......

(PROVEN fact)

Hasn't been proven in Japan. But hey, at least they tried. They really seem to prefer knives.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 04:13 PM
(26-07-2016 02:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 01:06 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Large numbers of people with guns = more gun related deaths (proven fact) OB I like you and don't wanna fall out with you but using the truck analogy is like the religious using presuppositional arguments for the existence of god. Everyone on here knows you are seriously pro gun but to pretend there are no problems with a universal ability to get firearms (and even with restrictions people can still obtain shotguns and super high powered airguns in the USA) is something that I fail to see how you can defend I am sold that currently in the USA you do need weapons for personal protection as long as you are legal but the number of them especially illegal ones is bonkers greater control is needed with no shadow of doubt Imo. Peace, Adey

"Just the facts Ma'am" -- Joe Friday ---

You said "if he had a gun it would have been worse - fact" ...

Ok

I just pointed out that the largest mass murder in history by a single individual - which just happened -- wasn't with a gun - but a truck.... that's a fact....

The point is -- if a person wants to kill people -- a gun isn't necessary - and the ownership of a gun does not promote the killing of people. The correlation of guns to murders is pointless. If guns had never been invented - people would still get murdered -- and quite possibly in even greater numbers than by firearms......

The truck incident in Nice lends credence to that idea.

Getting rid of guns won't help.

Getting rid of the motivation for people to commit mass murder might....

Yes well I have to concide you have a point there although restrictions on guns would I think help there has been one incident of mass murder using a truck and multiple using guns.
26-07-2016, 04:19 PM
(25-07-2016 04:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  A facility for the disabled?

I don't even know what to say anymore. No

This news actually made me feel depressed, after all the dreadful acts being carried out in Europe, I wonder what the hell is going on.
26-07-2016, 04:21 PM
By page two, this had turned into an American gun debate.

Get over yourselves. It's not always about you.

Meanwhile in Japan.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
27-07-2016, 02:43 AM
(26-07-2016 04:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  By page two, this had turned into an American gun debate.

Meanwhile in Japan.....

To be fair mate it was partially my fault the thread got derailed, mea culpa mea maxima culpa Weeping
27-07-2016, 03:16 AM
Spanketh him! Evil_monster

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
27-07-2016, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2016 04:22 AM by Chas.)
(26-07-2016 12:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Gun control, regulations etc. won't actually work. We need an Australian style ban."

I didn't say that. We need better regulations and restrictions on PEOPLE.

What regulations and restrictions?
On whom?
What is the goal of each regulation?
How will it be achieved?
What is the overall goal?
How will it be achieved?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2016, 04:20 AM
(27-07-2016 02:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 04:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  By page two, this had turned into an American gun debate.

Meanwhile in Japan.....

To be fair mate it was partially my fault the thread got derailed, mea culpa mea maxima culpa Weeping

Maaaate. When I get you alone I'll get the cricket bat, and we can play cricket. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post