Japan Quake

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Japan Quake
7.3 quake just hit off the coast of Japan.

1 Meter tsunami warning given out.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/12/07...4Q20121207

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 03:02 AM
RE: Japan Quake
I hope nothing bad happens.

(I have an unnatural obsession with tsunamis, rogue waves and just huge waves in general, but it's not about the destruction, but about the water itself.)

We had the strongest earthquake I've experienced in my life this spring. A bit scary, but I did go back to sleep in about 15 min. But it wasn't too strong. Kept shaking us up for weeks afterwards though.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-12-2012, 03:25 AM
(07-12-2012 02:47 AM)bemore Wrote:  7.3 quake just hit off the coast of Japan.

1 Meter tsunami warning given out.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/12/07...4Q20121207

A one metre tsunami warning was given you say? That's a pretty small tsunami.

As for the story itself, One of two things will happen: Some peoples furniture got over turned, maybe a few broken limbs from falling down during the shaking and that's that. Or the shit will hit the fan.

I'm placing my bet on the "few broken limbs" chance myself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Im eyeballing fukushima. The whole place needs to chill out and stop having quakes.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 04:03 AM
the whole island is doomed to end up beneath the pacific, I really don't understand why they just don't start planning to move the whole country away... it's crazy I tell you!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-12-2012, 04:11 AM
(07-12-2012 04:03 AM)nach_in Wrote:  the whole island is doomed to end up beneath the pacific, I really don't understand why they just don't start planning to move the whole country away... it's crazy I tell you!
Yep, they can always ask the Russians to lend them a bit of their land. In addition to the Kuril Islands. That'd be a veritable love-fest Hug

07-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Nach, do you know how logistically impossible it would be to relocate the Japanese population elsewhere? Lets not even consider the infrastructure for now..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2012, 04:16 AM
(07-12-2012 04:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Nach, do you know how logistically impossible it would be to relocate the Japanese population elsewhere? Lets not even consider the infrastructure for now..
Actually, if anyone can pull it off, 'tis the Japanese Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-12-2012, 04:24 AM
(07-12-2012 04:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Nach, do you know how logistically impossible it would be to relocate the Japanese population elsewhere? Lets not even consider the infrastructure for now..
Of course I do, I'm not that dumb. But it will be necessary eventually Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm going to place my bets on the "Not going to happen" side of things, at least for now.