Japan - a country torn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Lightbulb Japan - a country torn
Hey,
Have you guys stayed in touch with the news lately ?
Have you seen what happened in Japan ?

I think we should start a donation project.

Anybody know which organisations will be directly involved in aid and how we can donate to them ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 06:51 PM
RE: Japan - a country torn
I haven't heard of any Civilian foundations other than the generic ones like the Red Cross. Japan is a proud and civilized nation; they've asked governments from other nations for help, but not for civilian help as far as I know.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
15-03-2011, 07:03 PM

This: http://www.google.com/crisisresponse/jap...e2011.html
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 07:14 PM

(15-03-2011 07:03 PM)Sanctus Wrote:  This: http://www.google.com/crisisresponse/jap...e2011.html

I have been down on Google's policies lately, but this makes me feel a little better about them. Smile
17-03-2011, 06:44 AM
I don't think what Japan needs is money. They are like the 3rd richest country in the world. They may need hard goods in the short term, though. Food, blankets, etc. But, I've even heard reports where the Japanese have said they don't need money.

What they seem to need is doctors to help the injured, engineers to help with the rebuilding and (please forgive me for using this term) a miracle to help reverse the potential nuclear meltdown they are experiencing.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-03-2011, 07:05 AM

(17-03-2011 06:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  What they seem to need is doctors to help the injured, engineers to help with the rebuilding and (please forgive me for using this term) a miracle to help reverse the potential nuclear meltdown they are experiencing.

I find it slightly ironic that the earthquake caused a tsunami and damaged the nuclear power plant. Now they have to pump seawater into the reactor. They just had so much of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not laughing at the Japanese. I feel for them, I really do. I just find it the height of irony that seawater destroyed so much, and now they are dependent on it to fix another, related problem.
17-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, to be fair, it wasn't so much the sea water as the giant wave coming in at +100mph or so that really screwed them over. It was probably like getting pounded by a wall of concrete.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I know what you mean BnW but I still want to do SOMETHING , anything , and a simple donation to the Japanese Red Cross is all I can do right now. Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin