Japanese spiritual healing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Japanese spiritual healing
My family has a friend who is slowly but surely dying of stage 4 colon cancer. The traditional treatments are not having much effect, so she is turning to alternative medicine. When I visited her in the hospital the other day, she asked me if I had ever heard of "Reiki" (I had her spell it). She described it as a "god given gift that can't be learned" which involves the placing of hands over infected organs to realign their "micro-electromagnetic fields." Because it is these "misalignments" that cause illness. I honestly wanted to tell her to stear clear of such junk, but she was just so excited to tell me about it because she knew that I had previously studied Asian language and culture in college. She showed me this email that a "healer" had sent her on Facebook. It was obviously meant to impress the desperate/uninformed. It mentioned bullshit about Reiki being confirmed by science. This is, of course, untrue.

My family thinks it's just as silly as I do, but they think it's okay as long as it gives her peace of mind. That is fine, but my biggest worry is that the healer, who is supposedly a friend of a friend, is going to charge her. I've been assured that alternative healers aren't allowed to charge patients in the hospital, but there is always a chance that the person might be open to "gifts." I've asked my grandmother to keep her eye out for such shenanigans.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Japanese spiritual healing
Well,you might want to be there when he tries it

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2013, 04:43 AM
(25-08-2013 05:33 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well,you might want to be there when he tries it

I can't because I just started back to school and the hospital is 2 hours away.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2013, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2013 06:33 AM by Luminon.)
Shortly said, Reiki is weak.

Even I think it's silly. Yes, if it's done right, you can feel a great heat and energy coming from the practitioner's hands during Reiki. (not from increased blood flow, as far as I can tell) But that's good on a sore muscle if you will. My mom has a decent degree of Reiki herself and she didn't cure any cancer, neither we had heard of anyone who would.

Yeah, there may be some micro-electric fields in the tissue or whatever, but when the tumor is already healthy and growing, then it's too late aligning them. Reiki won't do anything about the cancerous tissue. And anyway I would not want to give any energy to it. Alternative medicine is all about prevention. You get your electric fields checked, you balance the imbalances with herbal extracts and whatever terrible psychosomatic affliction was brewing there for you, will not manifest. Organ skin point resistance gets measurably weakened long before the actual organ visibly deteriorates. Trying to cure stage 4 cancer with that is just... highly misinformed.

I would instead try the devascularization practice - cut off the tumor from the veins that support it, it has grown some of its own, but leave it in and let it weaken. Maybe when it weakens, the immune system can take care of it.
A doctor from my country faced jail for curing patients with this technique, so it has to work. He took patients already half-dead from chemo and radiation and some of them died. Duh.
http://devitalizace.euweb.cz/devitalization.htm

Hell, I would first try this, I've already some experience with it. Banned by FDA? Who cares?
http://jimhumble.com/3-cancer-stage-1-3.html

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
26-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah. No.

(26-08-2013 06:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Shortly said, Reiki is weak.

Even I think it's silly...

No more need be said. If even our resident crown prince of woo thinks it's a dud... Tongue

... this is my signature!