Jay Leno's garage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 05:55 AM
RE: Jay Leno's garage.
(30-08-2017 05:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 05:22 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Yeah I watch it all the time.
As a biker I like that he features a lot of less common bikes from the past.
Not just Harley's and Indians.
A lot of rare stuff I've never heard of.

Then you might be interested in this: A nearby museum that has a whole collection of Münch (which is rather well known if you grew up in Germany in the 70s)
http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/JZG_Th...Motorbikes

Particularly this one (only 15 built): Münch Mammut 2000
2.0l turbo with some 290HP Gasp , strongest bike in series production to this day.
[Image: DSCN2162.jpg~original]

Damn. 290 HP is sick.
I've ridden he new VMAX which is said to have around 175 HP and that is crazy fast.
I'm a cruiser guy more than sport bike. Just out of practicality.
The Triumph Rocket is more my speed for big displacement. That's around 150 but it's all about the torque in that sort of bike.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
30-08-2017, 09:31 AM
I have a vague idea of how cars opperate. I donno, there's a key, you turn the key, the car goes. If it doesn't go you take it into the shop and they fix it.

But I do love old cars and I was watching a show about steam engines and they showed part of the episode of Jay Len's Garage with his crazy 1906 Stanley Steamer Vanderbilt Racer. It was a hoot.

A month or so ago my husband and I went up to Tacoma in Washington State and went to the car museum there. It's called the LeMay-America's Car Museum. If you're ever in the neighborhood I recommend that you drop by. Even the building is interesting.

[Image: ef4dc58615fc6757.jpg]

There are thousands of cars there and the display kinda spirals down and around through the huge building. You could spend the day there.

[Image: lemay-america-s-car-museum.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-08-2017, 01:02 PM
(30-08-2017 05:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  To get high HPs out of a rather low displacement engine, you have to boost it, but this involves complex engineering you need high grade fuel and it puts heavy strain on the engine. It additionally limits the usefulness of the base engine frame, which was evident when very late Spits had to be equipped with the much more potent Griffon.

Not a problem considering the Merlin was supercharged (all high altitude reciprocating aviation engines have to be). And the engine was designed to run on 130 octane fuel. The only real advantage to a larger displacement engine is lower operating stresses which translates to prolonged engine life between overhauls. However as most engines are derated from their thermodynamic limits that generally doesn't come into play much, save only for high end performance modifications.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
30-08-2017, 01:07 PM
(29-08-2017 09:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Anybody here watch this stuff?

I like this one.

Back in my hometown when I was a kid, one proprietor of an FBO used to operated a modified P-51 Mustang which he raced in the unlimited category out at Reno. It was powered by a modified Rolls Royce Griffon 57 engine driving a Rotol gearbox and contra rotating propellers. The son of a bitch could generate 3,800 BHP using ADI water injection!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
30-08-2017, 01:31 PM
(30-08-2017 01:07 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Back in my hometown when I was a kid, one proprietor of an FBO used to operated a modified P-51 Mustang which he raced in the unlimited category out at Reno. It was powered by a modified Rolls Royce Griffon 57 engine driving a Rotol gearbox and contra rotating propellers. The son of a bitch could generate 3,800 BHP using ADI water injection!

I fucking love it when people build totally off the hook crazy shit like that.
It's largely a lost art but some of the stuff they built in the early days of Bonneville are completely nuts.
Like just sitting on top of an aircraft engine and going all out balls to the walls with nothing but a set of goggles on your head.
It's hilarious.
Great honor goes to the crazy bastards like this.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
30-08-2017, 03:39 PM
A P-51 with a Griffon? Wow!

Thanks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Even a poverty case like me can collect cars.

I have 9 roadworthy, and 3 parts cars.

If you don't have money, you just need dedication..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post