Jeb Bush looking at running for 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 08:47 AM
RE: Jeb Bush looking at running for 2016
(16-12-2014 02:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Advice for those who don't want another Bush:

Back off from gun control. That, more than anything else, will bring out the anti liberals who would otherwise not bother voting. Clinton, in ignoring that advice, played an important role in getting Bush #2 elected.

ITA!

if they took the stance of " we are committed to enforcing the laws already on the books, have no interest in altering rights of gun owners" the Dems could win so many more votes. They have to take a stand somewhere on the matter, and that would be the least offensive to gun owners and still keep their core base (maybe disgruntled) but still on their side.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
17-12-2014, 11:15 AM
(16-12-2014 02:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Advice for those who don't want another Bush:

Back off from gun control. That, more than anything else, will bring out the anti liberals who would otherwise not bother voting. Clinton, in ignoring that advice, played an important role in getting Bush #2 elected.

As much as I hate to admit it (because I'm pro-limited gun control), you're right about this.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
17-12-2014, 11:25 AM
(16-12-2014 08:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Looks like Trump is thinking about it as well. Now that's delusional!

Especially if Jeb runs, Trump won't have a chance. Jeb would likely get the Republican nomination almost no matter who would run against him. He had a relatively good record as Governor of Florida (from a Republican perspective) and, given his family background, I think he'd practically be a shoe in.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
17-12-2014, 05:49 PM
If Jeb were to some how win the republican nomination he will be the next president. Think about it. Florida has 29 electoral votes. He was highly regarded as governor of Florida. He won both governor elections by DOUBLE DIGITS. The winner of Florida has won the presidency every time in the last 40 years with the exception of one election, the 1992 election where Ross Perot took 19% of the popular vote. If Perot doesn't join that race Clinton never gets elected. Jeb is a lock to win Florida if he is the nominee, and I don't see a third party candidate that will take enough votes from him in other red states or swing states. He was a good governor. I'd vote for him for president and so will the majority of people in Florida. That's not good for democrats in 2016. He's the one guy dems fear the most because of his Florida connection.
17-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Jeb Bush is no worse a candidate than Hillary Clinton or any other candidate the two main parties throw out. A plague on both their houses.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
17-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-12-2014, 06:30 PM
(16-12-2014 08:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Looks like Trump is thinking about it as well. Now that's delusional!

I'd like to see him as president... Just so I can chuckle immaturely at phrases like "the Trump administration".

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-12-2014, 07:36 PM

He would certainly...
[Image: 62608_340.jpg]

trump... another Bush.
[Image: LOLOLOL_by_TigerDolphin.jpg]
17-12-2014, 08:51 PM
[Image: palin.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
17-12-2014, 09:17 PM
(17-12-2014 07:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

He would certainly...
[Image: 62608_340.jpg]

trump... another Bush.
[Image: LOLOLOL_by_TigerDolphin.jpg]

Bush Trump...?

I thought that was called a queef...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]